October 2016 Moms
Options

Moms of Multiples Check-In 5/17

Hi mamas! Hope you all had relaxing weekends!

1. How far along and how many babies?

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rants/Raves/Positive Vibes?

4. Question of the week: There are lots of worries and fears about having multiples, but lots to look forward to also; what are you most excited about with having multiples?

Re: Moms of Multiples Check-In 5/17

• Options

20 weeks, di-di twin boys

Looking forward to hitting the first viability milestone. I'm not really anxious about them coming too early (I carried DS 41 weeks), but am starting to feel antsy I guess.

Baby B is so far to one side, I can already see my belly move when he kicks! I love that my husband can feel him kicking and moving already.

4. Question of the week: There are lots of worries and fears about having multiples, but lots to look forward to also; what are you most excited about with having multiples?

I'm really excited to see the bond they have with each other, especially being both boys. I love that they'll have each other as play mates!
  • Options
    lmno304lmno304 member
    17 weeks, didi twins, found out last week they're a boy and a girl!

My next MFM appointment, we had an anatomy scan that showed echogenic bowel for my boy. I got the results from my bloodwork today, so we know it wasn't caused by cystic fibrosis or cmv infection and I'm hoping it's nothing and goes away by the next ultrasound.

We're going to look at a house to buy tomorrow! I'm a nervous wreck but so excited... Hopefully we love it and can get in quickly.

I'm so excited to be having a girl and a boy! A sister to give her brother girl advice, a brother to protect his sister from douchebags! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    19w, 2d; boy/girl twins

The first viability milestone.  I feel so full and heavy (STM) that I think they might come a bit early.

I'm actually glad I have GD again this time.  I think I'm eating so much better now that I am watching everything I eat.  I feel like the babies are getting more variety and healthier benefits from my diet.

I love that they will have a built in friend for life.

On a side note, has anyone heard from the original poster of these threads?  I hope everything is well with her.
  • Options
    @lmno304 congratulations on your boy/girl news! I think that would be so fun, and you will have a lot less mixed/shared identity stuff to worry about. I hope everything looks good for your boy at your next appt.

@JessK1014 I know what you mean about the full/heavy feeling. This is so different than my first also. I feel kind of lame and pathetic with how tired and easily worn out I am already.

I have not heard anything from the original poster, but I don't check in on the bigger threads like weekly ticker changes or randoms...
  • Options
    17w3d with girl/girl twins

our anatomy scan and then viability

I'm feeling stretched to my limit already in my stomach skin. It hurts to sit, because I can't breathe or my skin is just being pulled too tight, and if I stand for too long I develop cankles and sausage toes. The ladies are tearing it up in there and I still have yet to really truly feel them move. :(

(Hopefully) forever best friends. Someone to play with through all of childhood and make wonderful memories with - even if that is by ganging up on us when they are older. ;)
  • Options

18w2d, girl/girl twins
    I'm looking forward to see them again Thursday. They'll do another in depth measurement in 2 weeks so I'm ready for that. 

my students (2nd-5th grade special needs) told me I looked fat today and they could tell I was pregnant.

i go every two weeks for them to check my cervix- so positive thoughts are always good. I have no reason to worry or stress yet.

im looking forward to them having someone to grow up with. We probably will be done after this so it's nice to know they have someone.

I'm also looking forward to the unknowns. I'm sure the odd expressions and comments from strangers will get old but right now it's only making me want to be successful even more. (Did that make sense? I swear in my head it sounded better.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How far along and how many babies? 20w4d. Boy/girl twins 

My husband feeling the babies.  I've been feeling them more and more but he hasn't been able to feel them from the outside yet

I don't want to jinx anything, but right now I've been feeling great!  I haven't gained too much weight and I still have energy to move around so definitely trying to take advantage of that.

rant.. My hips/back hurt like no other..

we tried so long to get pregnant so I'm so excited to have two right away.  I'm also excited to watch them grow and learn together 
  • Options
    @KenderTas06 they are doing cervix checks already for you?? Do you have a history you are worried about, or is that standard at your ob's office? Sorry if that's too personal a question, I'm just curious as that seems really early to me.

And I think I know what you mean about being successful...people tend to have plenty to say about twins, and it seems like even strangers are watching you more closely. Being able to avoid the more rude comments about having too much on your plate, etc would be nice!
  • Options

19 weeks di/di twins

June 4 gender reveal party!

I have not been able to feel movements yet. At least I don't think so. I have had lots of stomach issues so any stuff I feel in there that feels like bubbles I always assume is gas or digestion. Maybe I am wrong? I had some stranger tell me last week that I am feeling them, I just don't KNOW I am feeling them. That irritated me to pieces.

We have been trying for a family for 4 years so we are excited to have 2 right away and be done. I love that my babies will always have a best friend to grow up with and keep each other occupied :)

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Do people ask you all if you plan to have more after this?  I get that all of the time.  They also asked if we conceived naturally. 

I do share with some who I think are genuinely concerned about me or who I think might know of someone going through infertility, but some people are just too rude and are asking just to be nosy.  I just shut them down from the start.

• Options
    @JessK1014 I get the "so this is one and done, right?" Comments from people, but I don't take them to heart really. I'm sure at some point there will be a comment that I'm irritated with, but not yet. And everyone who knows us knows we didn't conceive naturally (the day two women can do that, I will have all the babies) so we don't get asked that question. ;)
  • Options
    @jessk1014 I just had someone say to me yesterday "did you do fertility treatments?" after I told her we are expecting twins. It struck me as a very personal question to ask someone you slightly know from work.

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    19+5 with boy/boy twins.

Second anatomy scan on the 3rd and V-Day!

The babies move non-stop. I love it most of the time, but sometimes it feels like I have aliens inside me with all the jabs in different spots.

The relationship that I hope they will have.  I'm also really excited to see how DD reacts to having baby "brudders."

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    @JessK1014 I don't get asked about fertility treatments or if we're done, but I'm guessing that's because we already have a 14-month-old (so our littles will be 18mos apart). More likely some family members are going to worry we don't know how to stop ;) A lot of people have asked if we were trying or not, though, which I think is such a weird personal question!
  • Options
    kmvisioli said:
    @KenderTas06 they are doing cervix checks already for you?? Do you have a history you are worried about, or is that standard at your ob's office? Sorry if that's too personal a question, I'm just curious as that seems really early to me.

And I think I know what you mean about being successful...people tend to have plenty to say about twins, and it seems like even strangers are watching you more closely. Being able to avoid the more rude comments about having too much on your plate, etc would be nice

@kmvisioli I don't think it was to personal. Maybe it is, I figured I shared so ask questions. This is my first pregnancy and I have no family history that concerns me or the doctors. At first I thought the doctors were just being to cautious but I've noticed pressure so maybe it is good their monitoring. Is pressure normal at this point? I go for my second check tomorrow so I'll definitely mention the pressure.

yes the rude comments I could do without but things like you'll be busy or how will you tell them apart don't bother me? When people ask about telling them apart I normally tell people I'll bring a sharpie to the hospital and mark one's foot so I can always tell. They just stare at me and do the nervous laugh. 

ETA: first half of my reply got stuck in quote box. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @KenderTas06 pressure could just mean you are carrying low, but yeah I think that would help me feel more comfortable too. Makes sense. I'm just trying to put off checks as long as possible for myself because I don't really put much stock in them- with my first I was "sky high, nothing happening" literally the day before he was born, while my friend has been walking around dilated to 2cm and 75% effaced for almost a month now...
  • Options
    Ladies, how far along have you been measuring? I got back from my normal OB appointment this morning and I'll be 18 weeks on Saturday with my uterus measuring at 20 weeks. Is anyone else similar or close? 
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins I measure waaaay ahead. At my 18 1/2 week appt, my OB said if he was just basing things on my external measurement and didn't know there were two, I would be closer to 27 weeks. But I carried my first super high as well, so that could be part of it?
  • Options
    Oh wow. She felt my uterus and said it was right in line with my belly button, so that was measuring at about 20 weeks. And that generally once I'm further along, I'll start to measure 4 weeks ahead as a rule of thumb. I haven't had much Doctor intervention other than insemination and fertility treatment, so what I have heard from an actual Doctor since I have been pregnant has been sparse. I'm looking forward to my MFM appointment, once they call me to schedule it. That's when my anatomy scan will be as well. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm a little nervous for the end of this pregnancy- if I'm measuring that far ahead now, what in the world does that look like at 36 weeks??!! I'm just hoping that means these two are growing big and strong.
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins . My ob started measuring me at 16 weeks & I've been measuring about 4 weeks ahead.  I haven't gained much weight and it's all in the belly but Dr said that was ok.  My MFM doc did our 16 w & 20 w scans which was great- I think they will plan on doing all of them until I need weekly appts. I'm definitely okay with multiple Drs being involved!  Also- I think measuring 2 weeks ahead at that point is totally okay- I'm guessing the 2nd half will ramp up uterus growth for all of us
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins, my OB/MFM hasn't completed a fundal height measurement yet, but I can feel my uterus and it is 1-1,5 inches above my belly button.  I know at least one twin is really high because he rolls and kicks my rib cage.

TTC since 2011
  • Options
    @nlane0723 how far along are you again? I can't believe you can already feel him kicking your rib cage! I am 18 weeks on Saturday and today was the first day that I felt legit movement. SO could even feel it a couple of times from the outside. But it's still low, under my belly button. 
  • Options
    I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow (second pregnancy). They move all day long. One is super high and one is pretty low.  DH has felt them a few times, but they are most active when I'm at work and really early in the AM. I used my Doppler last night because I was shocked that one could be so high already and sure enough, the heart was just beating away

TTC since 2011
  • Options
    Maybe it has to do with being a STM, then? My Twin B is also way up, kicking my ribs and moving all day long. @nlane0723 @sjo&thetwins 
  • Options

I've been feeling my babies (flutters) since 12 weeks.  Also a STM here.  I felt my son's flutters (now 3) super early too at 14 weeks.  I felt kicks with him about 3-4 weeks later, but I felt kicks with this pregnancy around 14 1/2 weeks.  The girl (Baby B) is super high on my right side though.  The boy (Baby A) is always kind of behind her and lower to the left.  Hubby has felt both babies kicking. 

My OBs haven't measured me yet.  So I have no idea, but from comparing pictures, I'd say my belly looks like I'm about 4-5 weeks further along than I really am.

• Options

LOL.  I just saw where I typed Baby B inside of parenthesis it made a smiley with sunglasses!