July 2015 Moms

Leap 7

Any other LOs going through this?  How are you Mamas coping?

We've been through enough leaps now so that I know I can attribute Hazel's crabby mood to the growth spurt.  Still, it's hard to see her so miserable.  :(  

Rants:  *She's woken up every 1.5 hours for the last week in a row!  *My mom asked me why my baby is so cranky in a judgmental sort of way.  :((  *She had her first temper tantrum.  *She has been throwing her body back and arching it when she disagrees with something we do (eg. take away a toy).

Raves:  *She's very close to walking.  :)  *She has been pointing at things!  *She tries to read books  *She babbles endlessly about everything  *She can tell me when she wants me to open a door (very helpful)  *She can pull toys out of bins / put them in bins & unstack and stack laundry.  *She tries to feed herself with a spoon

I want my happy baby back!

Re: Leap 7

• n3na94n3na94 member
    edited May 2016
    My baby boy is also going through leap 7. He has also been throwing tantrums, I'm hoping it's only for this leap because I don't like seeing my happy baby like this. I guess they are going through so much change in so little time and learning so much, that perhaps it's why they get like this. I'm not sure but the good thing is my son is standing up, only if he holds to some thing, he likes hitting the glass at the center table in the living room, big no no but he laughs when I say no lol he also loves opening the drawers and today he found out about the pantry doors  :o Also a cute thing he does is when he is in his walker he slides and raises his hands up as if he was in a roller coaster my mom says he will like the roller coasters! Which I'm excited because no one in my family likes them except me and now hopefully my son!  ;) he also has been opening a big container in the office, I don't know where he learned to open it from but I was amazed! It's so beautiful and amazing to see how much they change and learn every day! I really thank God for my baby boy! :blush: At the end of the day all of these milestones makes those leaps worth it! Hang in there mama!! Keep us posted perhaps your baby girl will walk before she turns 1!  :smile: 

ETA:
    Baby David also laughs when we laugh it's so cute lol and yesterday we went to dinner with the family and my dad put him to sleep and my son sang the whole time, of course in baby language lol but my parents were just smiling! He is also trying to babble a lot lol 
  • samfeinsamfein member
    This leap has been a DOOZY and lasting much longer than others! In combination with her 6th tooth coming in it has been a wild ride for all of us! Definitely see new learned "tricks" so that's the bright side of all the cranky moments! Good luck Moms. Before we know it our LOs will be 1
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow... This leap has made its presence KNOWN! My LO will go from laughing to crying in a heartbeat for no apparent reason and his sleep at night has cut down from 11 hours to 9... Lucky he'll make up for it in naps. LO is also pickier with his food and turns his head while I'm feeding him-making me offer his spoon multiple times before he'll take another bite... Which means he's still hungry!

BUT like you other moms have pointed out... I LOVE all the new skills that come afterwards... So bring it on Leap 7!!!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Any other LOs going through this?  How are you Mamas coping?

We've been through enough leaps now so that I know I can attribute Hazel's crabby mood to the growth spurt.  Still, it's hard to see her so miserable.  :(  

Rants:  *She's woken up every 1.5 hours for the last week in a row!  *My mom asked me why my baby is so cranky in a judgmental sort of way.  :((  *She had her first temper tantrum.  *She has been throwing her body back and arching it when she disagrees with something we do (eg. take away a toy).

Raves:  *She's very close to walking.  :)  *She has been pointing at things!  *She tries to read books  *She babbles endlessly about everything  *She can tell me when she wants me to open a door (very helpful)  *She can pull toys out of bins / put them in bins & unstack and stack laundry.  *She tries to feed herself with a spoon

I want my happy baby back!
    Ugh! I hate when people see my LO at his "low" points and have z judgmental look on their face...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17