April 2016 Moms

Back to work I go.

Little dude will be 5w2d when I start back at work on Thursday. Seems so unfair to leave him this early! I've been wracking my brain on how to work less from here on out but I just can't commit. Anyone else headed back yet? 

Re: Back to work I go.

• I'll be headed back on Friday and I'm not looking forward to it. I've been off work for 10 weeks total. LO will be 6 weeks and 2 days.
  • I went back 4 weeks PP but I work from home. Still devastatingly early tho and I was less than thrilled :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due to go back this Thursday and am having serious anxiety over it. I don't know what I am going to do.
  • I'm a SAHM now and I am so happy about it. So much respect for moms who go right back BC I don't know how y'all do it.
  • mumidimumidi member
    I give you moms credit.  I took 12 weeks with DD and didn't feel ready at all.  This time I"ll have 18 weeks (since I'm a teacher) and am very happy about that.  Good luck.
  • thankfully it will be another 2 months before I return.to work. How do you girls even manage ? Do you get any sleep during the nights?
  • I'm only three weeks postpartum now but am already feeling anxious about managing pumping  when I go back for a week and a half at six weeks. Thankfully I'm off for two months after that. I went back at five months with DD1 and that felt about right.
  • jmoew1jmoew1 member
    I go back next week, Wyatt will be 6 weeks. I've cried about it this week already. He is a good breastfeeder, and I can't pump for shit. I'm freaking out about giving him formula, he's never had it. So frustrating :( 
  • I just had my 6wk pp. And I've been cleared for work. I let my parents watch him overnight in hopes that would help. I barely made it four hours before I was needing to see him again. Not sure how I'll manage a full shift. I'd love to go back just part tike but we need the money so full time it is :(
  • MrsZko said:
    I simply cannot imagine how you ladies must feel. I feel ridiculously greatful to live in canada and get a year of maternity leave. I truly believe it should be that way everywhere! I'll be hoping each and every one of you as a smooth transition back to work.
    I feel the same way. I live in Europe and have a year off as well. I think all mothers should have the option of taking leave from work to raise children. Hats off to all the moms returning to work sooner than they wish. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go back tomorrow. Baby will be6 weeks 5 days. I am FREAKING OUT.
  • adifrogadifrog member
    Good luck Pmommy0416!
  • I get 12 weeks off, but I am already dreading leaving my sweet baby. Im hoping my SIL will be able to babysit him. I was just talking to my DH last night about how it is unnatural to separate a tiny baby from his mother. I dont know why our "great" country cant figure this shit out. The only thing the USA cares about is the bottom dollar. We crunched numbers last night too, and my husband makes a good salary and we live in a modest house right now,  no debt other than our mortgage and his car. But he would not be able to support us on his salary alone. I love my job and it was hard to get on full time there, and it is highly unlikely that I would be able to find another job like this one if I quit and stayed home till LO goes to school. I make more than my DH too, but I wish I didnt have to choose between caring for my baby and keeping my job. I hope after some time goes by that the guilt wont eat me up so bad. Good luck to you mamas going back now!
  • SaVy_05SaVy_05 member
    Good luck Mamas, I know it's hard to leave them, but hang in there. I promise it gets easier after the first week or so!
  • MioleneMiolene member
    Wow I feel so sorry for all you mums having to leave your babies so early. I had Matilda on the 14th April and I won't be going back until the end of April 2017 once I've added on the holiday I accrue on maternity leave. I live in the UK so this is pretty standard here. 
  • @Miolene that is great! I wish the US would pass family leave laws. It sucks so bad here. No maternity leave and almost unaffordable childcare. I dont know how we still have a middle class. The sad thing is so many people are against potential policies that would ultimately benefit them. My hope is when my children have children,  that we will have paid family leave.
  • I went back part time at 3 weeks, and honestly it's been kind of great to get out of the house! I wish I'd had more time off, but with no paid leave (used it all while I was on bedrest...) it's also great to be making money...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker