August 2016 Moms

Update to 25 weeks pregnant on bedrest!

So I had an ultrasound on Monday to check my cervix for progress. During the check the amniotic fluid was low which meant weeks more of hospital bedrest. But then my MFM decided to do a speculum check where it was found the baby was breech, sac was ruptured and baby's foot was sticking out of my cervix!! We had to do an emergency c-section immediately! I couldn't believe it. I called my husband who had just left the hospital to grab somethings from home and told him the news!! Panic stricken he headed back. After 2 hours of prepping epidural and gearing up for surgery I had my baby boy on May 16.2016 @7:55pm. He started out on breathing monitor but was taken off the same night because he can breathe in his own. He's very active and aware. Always looking around and grabbing my fingers. Surprisingly I was able to produce some colostrum and swab it around his mouth last night before bed. This will help to coat his stomach for his tube feelings in which he'll be receiving donor breastmilk until mine comes in fully in a few days. He's in a really good position considering the circumstances. I'm grateful for every step of this journey. It will be a while before he comes home but I'm going to just enjoy every moment and take it one day at a time!!

Re: Update to 25 weeks pregnant on bedrest!