November 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change | 5.17

Week: 

What's new with baby (size, development)?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change | 5.17

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    Week: 14

What's new with baby (size, development)? Peach

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Found out we're having a girl! Started to tell a few more friends.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Nausea is getting much better! Though I still have an aversion to leftover meat which sucks since we eat leftovers at least 3x a week.

When is your next appointment? Friday

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? I started a co-op program the same day he started a full-time job at the same company and we met in orientation. He thought I was cute so he stalled after the end of the session to talk to me -- we found out we were living in the same apartment complex. We did a few things together, then lost touch for several months as we made new friends (and I was in the process of breaking up with my college boyfriend). We had gotten tickets to a concert before losing touch and both had a great time -- I suddenly saw him in a new light. After that we started dating soon after.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting!

Week: 14! 

What's new with baby (size, development)? Peach! This feels like a very substantial fruit to me. 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We told the parents finally. I told my director, but haven't told all the associates who report to me. I'll need to do it soon, though, because I'm starting to look quite pregnant. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Nothing really. Starting to have RLP which, ouch. Other than that, things seem to be going well.

When is your next appointment? Next Friday. 

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? We actually went to the same middle and high schools. We weren't high school sweethearts or anything though. We went off to different universities and then ended up in the same town after undergrad. We ended up hanging out a lot, then attended the same program for grad school. I guess late night study sessions just lead to other things!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week: 16!

Size of a pickle... I wish there was something cuter. 

Not a whole lot this week. I bought myself some maternity jeans (no regrets) and getting ready to do a more public announcement. Also told my employer. 

Nothing much today! Feeling a lot better and appetite is back! 

Friday! Normal prenatal visit and maybe blood work. But we decided against the screening test. We're not high risk and it won't change our decision so..

love this! We both started work at a local bar the same night. I was on cover and he was a bouncer. Spent the whole night talking and every Friday Saturday and Sunday after until we started dating!
  • Options
    Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development)? I believe that I have 2 lemons this week! We got great news that my NIPT came back normal after a scary NT scan, so that was wonderful! We also found out we are having at least one boy.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Looking at cars...3 car seats across is no joke.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  I can't put my make-up on in the mornings without getting super out of breath. I remember this from last time, but it was much later in pregnancy! Also, I am super happy that nausea is mostly gone!

When is your next appointment? June 13

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? We met at a party in college...not too romantic! He was dancing around playing air fiddle, and that was it for me! He was the one!

Married since Jan 2013
    Sweet DD born at 41 weeks Feb 2015
    *Diagnosed with lean PCOS*
    TWINS due 11/22/2016

• Options
    leighryleighry member
    edited May 2016
    @Kimmykins143 I mean, is there anything sexier than air fiddle? Air guitar move over!
  • Options
    Week: 16!

What's new with baby (size, development)? Avocado

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Bought some maternity clothes, woo hoo!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: actually feeling great this week! 

When is your next appointment? Anatomy scan June 2

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? In grad school. We were both working in Res Life and we had to play Rock Paper Scissors in an icebreaker. He won, I bought him a beer after. I had just gotten out of a relationship and wasn't interested in anything serious but he was persistent!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    loko08loko08 member

What's new with baby (size, development)? Size of a peach! 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? My H bought a glider for the nursery for my birthday, and we've been looking a cribs online! 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Just happy to be in second tri, my nausea has completely faded and I feel like a normal person again. 

When is your next appointment? May 26

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? We met studying abroad in New Zealand a little over 9 years ago.... we plan to go back at some point to revisit! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options

Week: 15

Baby is the size of an orange, about 4in in length and the legs are longer than arms now so it's becoming more proportionate 

I started a small registry to start keeping track of stuff we will need to buy later and so I can get the completion coupon on all the stuff later 

My headache is awful today, I actually went home early from work today...that's really my worst symptom still 

June 1st and 8th and scheduled the AS for June 24th! 

We met through a friend at a happy hour, he asked for my BBM name (remember blackberries??!) and sent me the message "you're pretty :)" while we were sitting next to each other on the couch...obviously I fell for it!
  • Options

Week:  12

What's new with baby (size, development)? A plum?

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Nothing

*********TW*******************

I got the call that DH is also a possible carrier of Tay-Sachs.  So the last day and a half have been utter hell.  Statistics is still on our side but there is a 1 in 4 can this baby is not compatible with life.

When is your next appointment?  OB appointment Thursday morning followed by the diabetic counselor bc I have been dx with gd again.

Then we meet with the geneticist on Monday to discuss the Tay-Sachs potential.   

Then we met with MFM in the beginning of June bc of gd and I will probably have an amnio to determine if the baby has Tay-Sachs.

I highly recommend testing bc it will change everything.  If you are going to have a special needs child it is uber important that you have all the support and items needed to take care of said baby.  It doesn't mean you WILL terminate but it knowledge is power. 

Match.com.  He was a year outside of my desired age range but his profile got my attention.  It was very ballsy and I only responded to it bc I wanted to complain that as a woman I could never say those types of things in a dating profile and actually get responses.  He basically implied that if you belonged on Jerry Springer and didn't have your shit together then you shouldn't waste his time.  Which if you have every used dating sites you would understand that there is a whole bunch of that.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    @TwandaFTG, T&Ps that your amnio comes back just fine. So sorry you have this additional stress!
  • Options
    RaeJ004RaeJ004 member
    Week:  13

What's new with baby (size, development)? I've got two lemons in there

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? We've kind of sort of started the Suburban talk.  We have an Expedition now but once the third row is up there is no cargo space.  So I'm thinking we'll need a suburban eventually.  I'm also obsessing over a double stroller for newborns. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  I had my NT scan and everything looks good!  Both are measuring big and were squirming around in there.

When is your next appointment?  Not until June 2.

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO?  German class in high school.  Been together on and off since then.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • Options
    leaseeeleaseee member
    edited May 2016
    Week:  12

What's new with baby (size, development)? Plum! Which sounds delicious. Had a normal NT scan Friday and got the call that the associated blood work was also normal yesterday.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? Still thinking a lot about big ticket items but won't be purchasing for awhile. I told my boss and another coworker yesterday (two coworkers already knew...oops). 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  Might be getting progressively less nauseous. I still have a wonky appetite though...I forced myself to eat a salad for lunch even though it was really not appealing at all. Followed up by leftover lasagna from a meeting in my office (score!).

When is your next appointment?  Regular OB appointment June 10 and perinatal appointment June 17 for early anatomy scan and cervix check. 

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO?  At a mutual friend's 21st birthday. We played war. We were drinking buddies for awhile after that before we started dating. 

• Options
    leaseeeleaseee member
    @TwandaFTG sorry you are dealing with stressful news, but it sounds like you have a solid plan for how you will proceed with more info
  • Options

@twandaftg so sorry to hear about that. Praying that you all can get some good news and your baby is ok.

What's new with baby (size, development)? Peach! She's practicing breathing... I actually saw it on the sono! very cool. :-)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby? we are slowly telling friends. we told our lifegroup this week. Still haven't told my boss. We officially settled on a name!!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Super happy to have my energy back now I need to start working out again

When is your next appointment? yesterday (ok I know that's not NEXT)! Baby girl is doing great. I go back in 4 weeks for the big anatomy scan.

GTKY: (Stolen from Sunday's) How did you meet your SO? We met at a church event. We were friends for a long time before dating. He was at my church and church events often, so often that I didn't know he lived in another City!

• Options
    @TwandaFTG - I'm sorry you are dealing with such a scary wait. My thoughts are with you as you wait on the next appointment and results. 

• Options

Thanks ladies!  It is hard and scary and I have been googling the crap out of everything.  I feel like I am understanding the course of action that is ahead.  It appears that we won't know anything for sure until 6 weeks. 

The geneticist will pretty much give us some data and help us make an informed decision on getting an amniocentesis.  I think I feel confident that is our path and from there we have to wait for the procedure and the results.

I know that statistics are on my side and my son is just fine.  But I also have been trying to prepare myself for the alternative as well.  Sorry to be such a downer.  And thank you for the support and the t's and p's!  

BabyFruit Ticker