December 2015 Moms

rolling over disrupts naps

tepr14tepr14 member
edited May 2016 in December 2015 Moms
My boy has been rolling over both ways now. He just recently really got the hang over rolling onto his stomach. He even does it during his naps, which will then wake him up and he begins to cry. He can roll onto his back, but he doesnt do it often. Im really not sure what I can do,  or if there is anything that I could do to help with him doing this while he naps.  anyone else have experience with this? Any tips? 

Edit- when he rolls onto his belly he doesnt relax to go back to sleep, he just keeps his head up until he starts to cry. 

Re: rolling over disrupts naps

• My LO spent an entire night rolling to her tummy and then crying. So I spent the entire night rolling her back. It was a couple days, then she adjusted and began sleeping on her tummy.
  • Exactly what PP said.  Soon your lo will start sleeping on their tummy, it just takes a little adjusting on their part.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • tepr14tepr14 member
    I had a feeling that would be the case! Thank you ladies

• Or you could get this.....

no judgement. 

• Or you could get this.....

no judgement. 
    Is that something that basically straps the child down, on their back?
  • My LO just started rolling over to sleep on his tummy and honestly, even though it freaked this mamma out for a bit, its the best sleep he's ever had! The contraption in that pic would be torture for him, haha. But at this point, whatever works man, whatever works. Definitely no judgement. 
  • tepr14tepr14 member

Or you could get this.....

no judgement. 
    Haha, I cant even imagine how he'd react to something like this. He's an active, gotta move boy.
    Side note- That seems like it would be such an ordeal in the middle of the night for feeds? But hey...if it works for some, like you guys said no judgement here.
    @jenmardel Yeah! Wow, he's been taking 30 minute naps for the past 2 months now and during this last nap he rolled and slept an extra hour.

• Once babies are rolling champs, they will start pulling to stand. They'll freak out when they don't know how to sit back down. It's always something with these gerbils. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers