September 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 5/16

Good morning and happy Monday!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! 

How many any weeks and size of
baby?

What are you looking forward to next? 

How are you feeling mentally and physically?

R/R/R?

Questions? 

GTKY: 
-When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse? 

Re: PGAL check-in 5/16

• Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 
    -24 weeks and the size of a G.I Joe! Also, viability week!!! 

-After hitting viability, my next exciting thing is a growt scan on July 6th! 

-Mentally, I've been doing really well and staying positive! It helps that babygirl is super active and it seems as though she never stops moving.  
    -Physically, I'm still struggling.  I'm hanging on though and it could be worse.  I just feel rough 90% of the time.  

R/R/R?
    -My right kidney still isn't draining properly and went from moderate stage 2 hydronephrosis to severe stage 4.  They are talking about doing a stint within a week or two.  I'm super nervous about that but trusting my dr's.  

Questions? 
    Anyone have to have a stint put in while pregnant? 

GTKY: 
    -When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse? 
    -My go-to pick me up is to just be with my family, my husband and son.  They always manage to get things off my mind.  I also really lean on Proverbs 3:5.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." 
  • Options
    LizC216LizC216 member
    How many weeks and size of baby? 23w6d - Grapefruit

What are you looking forward to next? Hitting 24 weeks tomorrow and my appt on Friday.

How are you feeling mentally and physically? I'm in a pretty good place. My symptoms are minimal to none. I started going back to a therapist for my anxiety and it's crazy how just talking to her helps so much. 

R/R/R? I wish I knew what I wanted to eat. I'm getting more and more hungry, but still struggling with nothing sounding good. I need a good trip to the grocery store. Maybe something will stand out.

Questions? None

GTKY: When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Bible verse? This is a tough one. I typically use distraction and just try to focus on something else. While not totally religious, I also say a prayer to my guardian angel that my teacher taught us in first grade. Something comforting about saying it.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LizC216LizC216 member
    @reesaXden I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling. If they decide to do the stint, I hope all goes well!

• Options
    @LizC216  Thank you.  Its been rough but I'm hoping with summer coming it will start to fly by.   We are super busy in the summer with festivals, markets, etc so that should help!! 
  • Options
    How many any weeks and size of baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit/chinchilla

What are you looking forward to next? Viability next week!

How are you feeling mentally and physically? Both are good, though little bug still has lazy days and the lack of movement makes me nervous.  Always comes back, though!

R/R/R? DH is finally home after about a month of working 12 hour shifts at the power plant, so I'm loving having him back.  Took him to BBB and BRU, which overwhelmed him, but I think he's starting to be ready to seriously discuss registry.  Also, we picked out a dresser for baby!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: 
    -When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse? Spending time with DH, a pot of tea and some cookies, a great book or some cheesy tv.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How many any weeks and size of baby? 22w 2d; Size of a coconut/papaya

What are you looking forward to next? I am looking forward to others being able to feel baby move, I have been able to feel her from the outside for a few weeks now, so others should be able to feel her soon too :)

How are you feeling mentally and physically? Pretty good, I get overheated and a little nauseated at work sometimes, mostly because my office is quite warm and I am staring at a computer screen all day.

R/R/R? I am having a hard time deciding what theme/colors I want to do for the nursery. DH is no help here, if it were up to him, it would look like a boys room or have nothing in it, he doesn't like any of the girly colors.

Questions? None this week.

GTKY: 
    -When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse?  I don't know that I have much of a specific pick me up, I just like to be on my own/outside for a while to think, maybe listen to some music.
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    @chavezrd2 Thank you for recapping your pastors sermon! I really enjoyed reading it and I feel like it was very helpful to me! 
  • Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited May 2016
    How many any weeks and size of baby?
    24 weeks 4 days. I was really happy when I passed the viability milestone!

After we get the flooring and painting done in the whole house we can finally start setting up the nursery. So about mid to end of June. I can't wait!!

Good! Still not sleeping so well but it is not too bad.

R/R/R?
    *trigger warning pre-term labor (not me)*

My brother's wife will have to be induced this Friday the 20th (her due date was June 12th) (if she does not go in labor before then) because the baby is measuring very small (3rd percentile). They cannot tell what causes it before she delivers. I really hope that all goes well and the baby does not have serious problems. It is pretty scary because it can apparently take years to catch up on growth and he could have some mental or cognitive delays as well :(

GTKY: 
    I usually just read a good book or watch a good movie with blankets all over me and snacks.

@ReesaXden Sorry to hear about your kidney. I cannot offer advice since I have never been in that situation but I do hope it all goes well. 
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    @Alyeena I'm sorry about your SIL!  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome for her and her baby.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 24 weeks! 

What are you looking forward to next? Hopefully passing my glucose screening today...gulp. 

How are you feeling mentally and physically? Physically I'm okay today but mentally I'm a little freaked out about loss still. I can't help but pray and pray that this baby is okay and that everything will be fine. Idk why I worry, but maybe it's normal?

R/R/R? We visited our friend's one month old yesterday. He is SO tiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adorable!!!

Questions? 

GTKY: 
    -When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse? I tend to pray a lot, sometimes just relinquishing the control/outcome to the universe/higher power is all I need to calm the eff down lol. 
  • Options
    LizC216LizC216 member
    @Alyeena Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I hope all goes well for them. 

• Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    baby?

24 + 2; cantaloupes

Passing my GD test (fingers crossed).  Dreading taking it since I know it's going to make me sick.

Good on both fronts, aside from extreme knee pain when I try to kneel or squat.

R/R/R?

Babies are making big movements all the time!  The change from a couple weeks ago is unreal.

Questions? 

Nope.

GTKY: 

I tend to lean on DH and my mom when things get hard.  They're my support system, even when they can't make things better.

I also pray often or just hold one of my rosaries (I have a collection of beautiful antiques) and meditate/clear my mind.  I don't go to church, but I believe God is everywhere and is always listening.  That's comforting to me, even if it doesn't always mean that there's an answer to my problems immediately at hand.  It's calming to accept that some things are out of my control and that I can just let go.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    baby?
    23w3d, grapefruit

I am and am not looking forward to my next appointment, which is my glucose test. Anxious for when my next scan will be.

Mentally, I'm okay. It helps that baby girl is moving and kicking around a lot more and a lot stronger lately. Physically, I've just been uncomfortable...
    R/R/R?
    It's driving me crazy that I am having to pee constantly but then also have to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water. Also, I have been noticing that I've gotten extremely fatigued right after meals...I've noticed this the last few days where I've fallen asleep after almost every meal. 
    Questions? 
    Anyone else experiencing extreme fatigue after meals? 
    GTKY: 
    I pray and try to take it day by day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 34, Unexplained Infertility, Hypothyroidism (after being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and radioactive iodine treatment; taking Levothyroxine for hypothryoidism) | DH: 33, no fertility problems

● IUI #1: BFN ● IUI #2: BFN ● IUI #3: BFP 7/11/15 - MC at 8 Weeks  :( ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IUI #5: BFP! 12/29/15, 11dpiui
    1/1/2016 Beta #1 HCG: 58  Progesterone: 49.5
    1/3/2016 Beta #2 HCG:154 Progesterone: 55.9
    1/20/16 Ultrasound #1 6w3d, HB: 114 bpm
    1/29/16 Ultrasound #2 8w0d, HB: 171 bpm

• Options
    jas1982jas1982 member
    How many any weeks and size of baby? 23 weeks and over a pound, I hear! 

What are you looking forward to next? I really have become sort of fixated on 24 weeks/ viability. So. Close. Please no one bother pointing out to me that it's not like flipping a viability switch - I know that - but I like the idea. 

How are you feeling mentally and physically? Most of the time, AWESOME. Have had a slight recurrence of nausea. I also appear to be having occasional shooting pains starting in my center low back and going down my right leg, so maybe some kind of sciatica, I need to figure out if there is some exercises I can do to help that before it gets any worse. 

R/R/R? I feel like the way I perceive time passing in this pregnancy is so strange. The first trimester was so terribly, terribly slow, then the weeks flew by, now again they are so slow. I think it's these "milestones" I build up in my head. 

Questions? I'm with @chavezrd2, I can't imagine how people are getting through work. I think my PGAL brain has made me abnormally obsessed with pregnancy, OR my hormones are just making my brain abnormally distractable. I am seriously surprised I am not on the chopping block for how checked out I have been. How do you all do it???

When you are discouraged, what is your go to pick me up? Favorite quote? Favorite bible verse? I am not a religious person, but I am a crazy dog person. I like to spend time with my three sweet dogs when I am feeling subpar, even if it's just laying on the couch with some of them and reading a book. 

@reesaXden I am so sorry you are having such a rough go of things. I am amazed by your positive attitude - keep your head up and we are all sending positive thoughts/ vibes/ prayers your way!
  • Options
    Prof=MomProf=Mom member
    edited May 2016
    baby?
    20 weeks 5 days, banana/pomegranate 

Baby shower 

Mentally - tracking lots of projects so learning how to delegate without guilt and not "blame" pregnancy. Just neef to share the load 
    Physically - good 

R/R/R? 
    Still hunting for double wide glider. 

Questions? 
    When is Zootopia coming on demand? It was really good 

GTKY: 

But those who want the best for me, Let them have the last word—a glad shout!— and say, over and over and over, “God is great—everything works together for good for his servant.” I’ll tell the world how great and good you are, I’ll shout Hallelujah all day, every day.
    Psalm 35:27‭-‬28 MSG

• Options
    @jas1982  Thank you.  I'm surprising myself with how I'm handling things! 
    Surgery is today at 1:00.  I had to start my fast at midnight.  I woke up hungry and my stomach is already throwing a fit.  I feel nauseous because of it.  It's going to be a long day!