December 2016 Moms

Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

Re: Randoms 5/15 - 5/22

• @DiFazette I have found if I can grab a candy with many little pieces it helps. Like I'll get a box of Swedish Fish. Then I make sure to have 2-3 'bites' per fish. It helps me 'eat all the things' while not actually eating that much food. I have no idea how long it will work, but for now it is helping me.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I don't know if I'm hungry all the time, but I am nauseous all the time, so it's probably masking that pervasive hunger. I wake up in the middle of the night nauseous. Bleh

And I don't even know if I fit in my clothes because I don't try anymore. I'm just wearing stretchy flowy maternity crap. Palazzo pants and loose tops every day. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • And @dmontgo seriously your friend sounds so superficial that I have serious doubts about whether she'll make it to her 'real wedding'. I'd wager that our Bump marriage is more solid that her 'real marriage'. Oh and apparently my baby has hands or something now, so it's flicking her off. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • kbdukekbduke member
    @Kacie209 I'm the exact same way with clothes right now. All of my work pants are uncomfortably tight and I've switched from button down shirts everyday to loose fitting, flowy ones.
  • Pgh_KelPgh_Kel member
    A guy at work rubbed my bloat twice this week. It was awkward. 
    NO.....just no.  Who does that?

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• dmontgodmontgo member
    @LinziLoo09 You are the best. One of the many reasons you are my bump wife for life! <3

I have been wearing maternity pants and shorts since week 5...no shame. I can still fit in my pants, but it's not comfortable in the tummy area when I sit. I can still wear my shirts, though, which is weird. But I am capitalizing on flowy pieces. I do have a few maternity tops, but it's a shirt and a flowy tank and fortunately look like regular clothes.
  • @kbduke Yup! All of my button down tops (minus my portofino shirts from Express) cannot even be worn right now. I tried last week, or the week before, with one, and it just looked awful. Blah.

And I HATE that all my dress pants have the tab closures, so I won't even be able to do the rubberband trick pretty soon and will HAVE to go buy at least one pair of black/khaki/gray maternity dress pants soon enough. DH does IT stuff for a local women's clothing company, and can get 40% off to use for spouses, and I was so hoping that their dress pants had button closures. Nope, all tab. But, I do plan on buying dresses/skirts - and will probably wear that 95% to work this summer/fall.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ashcakes921 Nursemaid's elbow is scary!  My daughter's elbows used to pop out all the time and I eventually learned to get them back in myself.  She grew out of it thankfully but it was painful for her.  I hope it doesn't happen again for your little one.
  • JessCL said:
    I bought a Costco container of giant sour keys and I haven't shared that news with anyone else in the household.  My tongue may peel off, but apparently, pregnant me doesn't share sour candy.  Nom nom.
    I ate so many lemonheads and sour patch kids last pregnancy I got a swollen tongue.  Sour stuff is the jam when I'm Pg.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @JessCL, @DiFazette They now have Sour Dots. Its the normal flavors with sour. I ate 3 boxes at our Saturday night movie night.

• @JessCL depending on how sour you like things, Haribo gummy bears now have a sour version. Bags are a dollar in Target's dollar section, though they're not super sour.

I hate the way my pants and leggings (llr even) are squishing my belly though they still fit with room to spare. I think I'm busting out the maternity leggings soon. I've been living in dresses and my LLR Cassie skirts. Stupid bloat.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm wearing maternity jeans today and I'm loving it :)
  • I don't usually have a potty mouth. However today, my interior monologue has been insane!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • lol all the olive garden with this group - it cracks me up. I think it's disgusting! (Full disclosure I have celiacs but still). I'll have to remember this for UO Thursday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • lol all the olive garden with this group - it cracks me up. I think it's disgusting! (Full disclosure I have celiacs but still). I'll have to remember this for UO Thursday!
    We can't be friends anymore. Olive Garden was my 2nd favorite restaurant in college and I still try and go at least once a month.

• Now I have to ask @Kate08Young, what's the 1st?
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't like Olive Garden either. The only good thing there is their soup and salad. Maggiano's and Brio are both much better!
  • @phoenix870509 *hangs head in shame* Taco Bell. It was the only place in town that was open after curfew when I got off work, so I had to stop there on the way home for dinner.

• @kate08young I went to Taco Bell for the first time in YEARS last Friday for lunch. I was craving a Gordita Supreme and Pintos and Cheese.

I also used to go there after work in college, when I'd be done at the mall. It was across the street and quick before heading back to the dorms. I ate a lot of chalupas and cheese quesadillas back then.

I am not a big Olive Garden fan either. I mean, I don't mind it, but always went to a local Italian place in town if we went Italian. Either that, or Johnny Carino's. Unlimited breadsticks and soup is good, though!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• I can't stand Taco Bell. Them and Chik-Fil-A. Won't set foot in either one of them.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• beff12beff12 member
    I can't stand Taco Bell. Them and Chik-Fil-A. Won't set foot in either one of them.
    We should totally go out to eat together! Haha I won't eat either Taco Bell or Chil-Fil-A either. My small town practically worships CFA and I feel like such an outcast, but I get the poops every time we eat there. No thanks. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• beff12beff12 member
    DH is in a hospital visiting a church member. She's in ICU (recovering from a surgery, but she's fine!) and since I'm not feeling well and they don't allow more than two visitors in at a time, DD and I are in the car waiting. I'm pretty sure that I'm about to be the reason that we go over on data this month...oooops! 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Mamax2Mamax2 member
    Is anyone else using the app and suddenly getting random video ads in threads? It just started for me today, and it's driving me crazy.
  • beff12beff12 member
    Mamax2 said:
    Is anyone else using the app and suddenly getting random video ads in threads? It just started for me today, and it's driving me crazy.
    Yes! I had to log in a few times before I could see/post anything, and then there were ads. Not cool!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Mamax2Mamax2 member
    beff12 said:
    Mamax2 said:
    Yes! I had to log in a few times before I could see/post anything, and then there were ads. Not cool!
    It stinks, but at least I know it isn't just me.
  • What foods are you all eating that keep you full, but don't make you sick? I'm getting hungry, but a lot of food is making me nauseous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• beff12 said:
    I can't stand Taco Bell. Them and Chik-Fil-A. Won't set foot in either one of them.
    We should totally go out to eat together! Haha I won't eat either Taco Bell or Chil-Fil-A either. My small town practically worships CFA and I feel like such an outcast, but I get the poops every time we eat there. No thanks. 
    Anytime @beff12!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I already busted out my maternity jeans. No shame! So I love the randoms thread because I have so many random thoughts at any given moment

@JessCL I can't imagine that happening multiple times! Of course I was the one holding her hand when it happened so when I brought her up stairs then changed her diaper and she wouldn't stop grabbing her arm and crying, I got so nervously sick to my stomach I had to call DH up the stairs because I seriously thought I was going to pass out.
  • RatsPJRatsPJ member
    @JulieSmiles Carbs were the only thing for me for a few weeks. Last week fruit was acceptable again, apples and peanut butter were a lunchtime staple. My doc told me small frequent meals are best, so that's my plan. 
  • This is what I have been struggling with this pregnancy. https://www.babble.com/parenting/saying-goodbye-to-my-last-baby/?cmp=smc|fb|babble&utm_source=scarymommy.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_facebook

November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FitTrisFitTris member
    I am a MOH in a wedding on Saturday.  We always wanted a third, but I had hoped planning wise would've put me only 6 weeks or even in the 2ww at this wedding. Nope! 10 weeks, MS still in full effect and *hopefully* I will be able to fit into the dress.  As of two weeks ago I did...I'm super scared to put it on, but know I need to! 
  • R0824HR0824H member
    edited May 2016
    A) YES to all things sour!! I've gone through sour skittles, sour patch kids and jolly ranches like crazy!!

B ) this is random but with the nice weather we will be getting and it comes time to finally get some pretty flowers to fill the garden; do any of you ladies plan on working on the flower beds and gardens this summer? I know it's a weird thing to ask but I know for a fact some of the stray cats around here like my front garden bed as their personal crap box...and seeing as toxoplasmosis is an issue with cat feces... would you avoid gardening all together? I was planning on bringing home some surgical masks from work and surgical gloves to wear under my gardening gloves (maybe over the top?) Judge away!! lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • PharmDMomPharmDMom member
    edited May 2016
    1. I bought an awesome pair of Jessica Simpson maternity skinny jeans and finally broke them out today. They are sooooo comfy. Screw the hair band holding my regular jeans together thing. My work pants are still comfy with a hair band (and my maternity dress pants are still too big) so I'll keep wearing those. But the JS  maternity jeans are da bomb!!

2. I have almost started a sex thread a few times. For those who are having it, how is it?? It's not great over here bc my crotch is ON FIRE afterwards. Like seriously burning. Every time. Wth? I googled it and it's definitely a thing. We are going to try with a condom to see if that decreases the burning thing bc of course if the interwebs say it helps, I should at least try right? lol Oh and please don't misunderstand. There is not lots of hot sex going on here. I'm talking once a week or so. I have no desire (my drive is low un-pregnant, let alone first tri pregnant) but I'm trying to keep things somewhat regular for DH bc he is a rock star husband (not being sarcastic, I really won a prize with him!) and it's one way I show my appreciation/love. Anyways...... is sex painful or uncomfortable for anyone else??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @PharmDMom - thanks for the suggestion about maternity jeans! All of my work pants are tab instead of button so I am kind of screwed being uncomfortable or wearing dresses.

This is strange to talk about on the internet but I'm sorry you are having burning. I have pain in my uterus after O, but everything else is amazing. (not to gloat). Have you tried using lube? You can always satisfy your DH in other methods if you need to give yourself a rest. Also mutual oral sex ...won't be able to keep it up for long so enjoy it while you can. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• dmontgodmontgo member
    @PharmDMom We've been having sex about 3-4 times a week since we got the BFP. I haven't had a burning sensation, but I do feel very tingly. I'm not sure if it's increased blood flow to the vagina or what, but it does feel weird. Things are a lot tighter, though, and that makes some positions like doggy kind of uncomfortable. Cowgirl has been our go-to and that is waaaayy more comfy. We do use lube and that helps. JO is our favorite.

My energy is coming back, but it really has to be earlier in the day if I want to actively participate. It's not terrible sex by any means, but it is definitely different now. But like you mentioned, I'm trying to keep things regular for DH because he has been so awesome and supportive. He's not demanding it, but I want him to feel loved.
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @R0824H that sucks about the cat situation. I googled cat repellant and one of the things you can use is LION dung. hmmmm. They also mentioned some crystal things so check it out. My dad would say to hang out with a bb gun but I love cats and think that's mean. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL @dmontgo Thanks for sharing your experiences. We are using our usual lube (Astroglide) so things definitely aren't dry down there. I think it is due to the increased blood flow and possibly hormonal changes from pregnancy. I've had pain issues in the past (my vag was wrecked after DD :( ) but things got way better after I had DS and my OB did a repair down there. So this is a recent change for me and I'm bummed bc no matter what position, the burning sensation is present. Like I said, we will try with a condom this week and see if that helps!

Pregnancy Ticker