MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week May 16

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW 12dpo

3. Rants/raves: 
    Rave: Lost another pound this week, so I'm down 7 of the 10 'baby weight' pounds I put on!  Only 3 more to go!  
    Rant: My temperature took a huge plummet this morning and I had a tiny spot of bleeding.  So it looks like I'll be out for this cycle and am just waiting on AF to come at this point.  Super saddening that I won't be KU before my EDD and am trying to cope with that right now.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: Probably our two week honeymoon to Australia.  We saw and did so many amazing things!  I love to travel.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Currently waiting for AF after stopping progesterone on Friday. Onto a natural cycle before IVF.

3. Rants/raves: Do you guys ever see or hear something and think to yourself that you were meant to hear it in that exact moment? I finished a show I'd been watching for a while, 11.22.63, this past Saturday night. It was the day of my negative beta and our last chance to be pregnant before my due date. It was a bad day. Anyways, in one of the last scenes a character read this poem and I had one of those moments. I cried. Thought I'd share it with you all.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?:
    I've had so many! I loved Kauai, went there with my husband and it was one of the more perfect places in the world. Otherwise times I vacation with my whole family, are my favorites. We mostly all live far apart and I love when we can all be together and relax.

@dpjennifer I loved Australia! I spent almost a year studying there and it was amazing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO CD23....no peak/positive opk yet but high fertility so hope to O in the next couple days.

3. Rants/raves: I had a really good weekend...spent time with my family and saw my 2 best friends. It was so nice to talk to them...we are all in different stages of life (one is married and has a baby, one is still single and then there's me married and trying to have a baby) but we all can support each other. Its really nice.

I saw my co-worker's baby yesterday and actually it went pretty well. She is so beautiful and holding her didn't give me sadness like I thought it would...it just gives me motivation and reaffirms that having a child is what I want and I'll do it at any cost no matter how scared I am. DH came too and he looked pretty adorable holding a baby :)

DH are on a staycation this week. Today we are going to an amusement park...I love roller coasters and not sure how many opportunities I will have left to go so thought why not?! We are also going to do a lot around the house and hopefully will be able to plant all my flowers this week too.

I've had a lot of fun vacations...probably the 2 times I've been to europe. We also love to go to Mexico, I wish I could go but with zika and TTC plans who knows when we will go back.
  • This is a really bad week for me and I'm not going to be around. I didn't want to ghost on anyone who might wonder where a regular has gone but I don't have what it takes to be what anyone needs right now. Take care of yourselves, please.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• So sorry about your negative beta @BornReady :( That poem is beautiful. 

I am sorry this is a bad week for you @reneeannemm....ghost as much as you want. Big hugs.
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    @bornready I loved 11-22-63! We also recently finished the show and I read the book a few years back, but I don't remember that quote. Thank you for sharing. H is s huge Stephen King fan and will appreciate it too. I'm so sorry for AF @dpjennifer. I totally understand the need to be KU-d before your EDD. I really hope that those dates come and go easily go you both.

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):
    Im Chloe- I had a MMC in November and I'm having a D&E today after we found out at 12 weeks our baby had a chromosomal abnormality incompatible with life.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):
    Benched
    3. Rants/raves: I'm so lucky that I have a ton of sick time saved up that I've been saving for maternity leave. I took 3 days last week and am planning to take the whole week this week. Part of me want to apply for short term disability and take another 5 weeks, but I feel like that's overkill. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or personal experience? The one thing that's helping me right now is the thought of not having to go back to work. I had a friend at work who terminated a pregnancy due to a similar issue at 23 weeks. She took only 2 weeks off after the birth, but ended up needing to take another 6 weeks off at the advice of her mental health providers about 3 months after the termination.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: Our honeymoon to Greece, Rome, and Amsterdam was amazing!!! I would do anything to go back there!
  • @BornReady Yes to hearing/seeing things you were meant to!  This happens to me for sure.  And sorry about the negative beta and EDD.  L  My temp plummeted this morning and I’m awaiting AF, and this was my last chance before my EDD as well.  Sucks and good luck getting through it! 
    Also, yay for Australia! I’d love to travel to Hawaii, so will have to try to remember Kauai!

@Spartanrd4 Enjoy the staycation!  Also, enjoy the roller coasters!!!

@reneeannemm Take care of yourself this week!  We’ll be here when you get back.

@chloe97 That sounds like an awesome vacation!  Good luck with whatever you decide to do about time off.  I definitely understand the desire/need for time off; however, I am one of those ‘save it until you desperately need it’ type of people.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @bornready DH and I started watching 11-22-63 but only got to the third episode, guess I will have to give it another try!
    @dpjennifer I always wanted to go to Australia, it looks amazing there!
    @spartanrd4 I am so glad it went well seeing your co-workers baby! And enjoy your staycation!
    @reneeannemm I am sorry this is a bad week, please take the time you need and I will be thinking of you this week.
    @chloe97 I am very sorry for your loss. I had a MMC at 8 weeks that they found at my 12 week appointment. I decided to go with Cytotec instead of the D&C. I took off a Thursday and Friday from my job so I had a four day time span (including the weekend) to take the medicine and recover. It was tough going back to work so soon after but I feel like for me it helped because it kept my mind busy. I think it is a person preference and you should do whatever feels right to you.

Rants/Raves: Did my first fitness boot camp class this weekend. It was only an hour but it was a killer! I pushed so hard that at the end my legs literally wouldn't move for a couple of minutes. Of course I am so so so so so sore today and yesterday even walking was a chore! Going to keep up on it though because I am determined to take this benched time and get back in shape for the future!! This was a rant and a rave in one!

GTKY: Well I haven't been on many vacations but we have been to Jamaica three times. I will say the last one was my favorite because the first one (also our honeymoon) I had sun poisoning and the second one I had a severe allergic reaction to something and we never found out what it was! We stood at Sandals all three times, I love all inclusive resorts, it is so nice to not have to worry about paying for anything while you are there!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for everyone who's having a rough TTCAL week :(  *creepy internet hugs* all around.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO (officially off the bench since AF showed up Saturday!)

3. Rants/raves: Super excited to be off the bench, so nothing to rant about today.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation? This ones hard, but I think I'm going to go with my last family vacation to Turks and Caicos it's a beautiful island and we had such a good time!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BornReady, YES. In fact, I had one of those happen yesterday at church. It was like the sermon was just for me. I am sorry about your BFN.

@Reneeannemm, thinking of you this week and lifting you up. The cupcakes and strawberry buttercream were a huge hit around here!

@spartanrd4, cedar point?? Regardless I am jealous of roller coasters!

@chloe97, I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, I do have experience with STD post-loss and it wasn't a good one. My claim was denied. I was told that 3 days was the max they deemed appropriate for my situation and I would have to use my PTO for any time beyond that. I was 14 weeks. I hope your STD carrier is not a giant asshole like mine is. I took off the 3 days between finding out the baby had passed and my D&E, then I took off one full week after the D&E. My Dr was appalled at the denial and typed a long, detailed, wonderful appeal and it remained denied. I truly hope you have a much more positive experience. The last thing I needed was additional stress like that.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): cycle 5 TTCAL, CD8.

3. Rants/raves:

Rave: It was a really nice, restful weekend. I forced myself to go to this outing I really wasn't feeling Saturday night and I am so glad I did. It's easy to forget that those types of things really fill my cup.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: I have 2.

-with DH: Aruba. We went there 7 times in as many years and one of those trips was our wedding (alone) and honeymoon for 3 weeks. Best.

-without DH: In 2010 I went to visit my brother in Boise, Idaho 3 times on one year. January, March and August. I am still so in love with that place. There is always awesome outdoors stuff to do, the downtown is wonderful and the weather is fantastic. If only I could convince DH to move there (never going to happen).

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @reneeannemm enjoy your break from here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. You are such a sweet person and your presence will be missed around here while you are gone. I look forward to your return when you are ready! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chloe97 Glad you liked the quote. Here is the link to it being read in the show: video
  • edited May 2016
    @dpjennifer Congrats on the continued weight loss! I'm trying hard to lose a bit, too, and get stronger. Sorry about not being KU before your EDD, though :( I know that is hard <3

@BornReady I do have moments of what I call "serendipity" where I think I was meant to hear or see something or meet someone etc. That's a beautiful quote! DH and I were discussing watching this program just yesterday!

@spartanrd4 Glad you had a positive experience holding your coworkers baby and hope you have fun at that roller coaster! I hate them lol

@reneeannemm I'm so sorry this week is so hard for you. We had tacos last night and I thought of you <3 Thoughts are with you and look forward to your return when you're up to it <3

@chloe97 I never think taking care of our mental and physical health is "overkill". Maybe try thinking of it as which would you regret more? Do you think you'd ever say you really regret taking those extra five weeks? I mean some people might say they were glad they went back to work as some like the distraction, but that's for you to decide, just try not to let what you think others might think be the deciding factor <3 

@lilylover27 I'm glad you enjoyed your boot camp! As a former personal trainer/kinesiologist I get so nervous when people go so hard the first day because the soreness can be discouraging but I'm glad you're still sounding enthusiastic :) Maybe take some Epsom salt baths and/or try 5-10mg of L-Glutamine post-workout to help with recovery if you're interested. I have autoimmune issues and find it helps a lot. I'm also determined to get as healthy and strong as possible while benched! We got this ;)

@MrsDramaK and @SnobunnieMel Hooray for being off the bench!!!

@MWoodside glad you had a restful weekend!

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):
    Benched, (5dpo POM)

3. Rants/raves:
    My big rant was finding out my SIL is pregnant with child #4 this weekend :( Other than that, not too much to report. I did my first workout from the 21 Day Fix yesterday but I'm not following the whole program, just some of the workouts mixed in with yoga/Pilates at the gym and hikes. I liked it, though!

My best girlfriend used to take me on trips with her and her son (before she got a serious boyfriend lol) and I'd have to say we had a blast in Mexico!

edit: 4dpo was yesterday, oops lol

• 2. CD5 I think - some spotting before AF was borderline light flow so who knows.

3. Rant: life is crazy busy - I feel I can't think straight. I hope I can get enough done today to reduce my anxiety. 

4. GTKY: we've been to Hawaii 3 times and love it there - our first time was for our honeymoon, some 6ish years after we were married. Then we went 3 years in a row - missed last year because I had to visit Nonna and family in Italy (it had been over 10 years - I'd seen Nonna and some others when they came to Canada, but nearly all of the family that I'm in contact with is over there...). We've been to the Big Island once and Oahu twice. I think this year we'll go to California or Florida - but the trip after that will be Hawaii again. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• CoonMomCoonMom member
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO

3. Rants/raves: Rave: Weekend Vacation is in 3 days!!! Rant: It's suppose to rain and it's an outdoor hiking trails vacation:( Another Rant: My sister thinks I'm over complaining about my loss/how long it's taking to have a baby....REALLY? I barely talk about it to anyone. Her "deal" is I post to much on FB. I only posted 2 things around mother's day saying I was thinking of all of those who had losses this year. She on the other hand used to complain about not ever getting married nor having kids ever. She would complain daily. (She is currently engaged to be married June 2017).

Western Caribbean cuisse with my maid of honor years before I got married.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @BornReadyThank you for sharing the poem. I haven't watched 11.22.63 yet, though I am a Stephen King fan. Looks like I'll need to check out the show.
    @reneeannemm <3
    @snobunniemel Oh man, I would love to visit Ireland some time. Drinking Guinness there is on my bucket list!!

Hoping for a positive cycle for everyone, whether you're TTCAL for the 1st month or 5th.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): CD6, WTO, 5th cycle TTCAL

3. Rants/raves: 

My rant is the inability to get KU despite the amount of BD we've been having during my fertile weeks. We have fun, so I don't feel it's like completely for nothing. It's just annoying, because we're giving it our all. If we didn't time it right or something, that's on us. But when I feel like we're going for the gold, and it doesn't happen - then it makes me wonder when we should start worrying.

My rave is that my skin seems to have cleared up for the first time in months. That's shallow, I know. But I'm just so psyched to not have a big honkin' zit or two on my face, so I'm going with that. :wink: 

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: This past February, we went to Universal Studios' Harry Potter theme park in Florida! H and I love the series, so it was awesome to experience it. The trip was impulsive for us - having planned for it 1 month prior to leaving - but it was worth it. During a time when we were very down, it gave us something to look forward to and kept us busy once we were there.
    I also loved our Honeymoon in Cancun, and even then, I had us go on excursions: swimming with dolphins, scuba-diving, and exploring Mayan ruins. I'm not one who can just drink and sunbathe all day, even in sunny Mexico. 
  • @dubcompanion I feel the same way about the amount of BDig. DH and I did ED or EOD for about 12 days around my FW and it didn't work. I just can't figure it out either. We are having fun, having lots of sex, but still not getting KU. I worry a lot about why we can't get pregnant or why it takes sooooo long. I want to ask the doctor to run more tests but I feel like I might be jumping the gun since I only just finished my second cycle TTCAL. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CoonMom that's awful of your sister to say and it sounds like she's maybe lacking self-awareness and/or empathy :(
  • @SnobunnieMel last year DH and I did the same thing: no plans, just drove off from Dublin airport and ended up circling the lower half of the country, mostly on back country roads. It. Was. Awesome. We have discussed returning, this time to Belfast and then going to Scotland, but no formal plans yet. He'd never been out of the country before so I think I gave him the bug ;-)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @BornReady - thanks for sharing that poem! Great perspective.

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): 10dpo, CD 25, Beta test scheduled for Wednesday.

3. Rants/raves: DH and I had a lovely night out on Saturday celebrating our 7th anniversary (which is actually today). We've had a tough road with so many losses. We are different people than we were when this all began. But, we have still managed to grow more together than apart. There have been real issues arise between us, but we have communicated about them, sought treatment/help, and remain committed to each other in spite of all the difficulty. I am really proud of that and so happy that I can say without hesitation that I love him more today than I did 7 years ago and I would marry him all over again.

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: With DH, thus far the favorite was our week-long honeymoon in NYC. So many wonderful memories, including being in the audience for David Letterman's show, where he gave us two gift certificates for dinners out just for being newlyweds!
    Without DH, it was my study abroad in college. Six weeks in France: one week in Paris sight-seeing, four weeks living with a host family in Tours (Loire Valley) and going to language school, and then one week in Nice sight-seeing.

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• 2) Status: TWW, 5 DPO

3) Rants/Raves: just having the usual TWW crazies over here. Nothing too exciting. 

4) GTKY: Favorite Vacation: Probably when DH and I went to Aruba. It was so neat to see all the lizards walking around outside our room and to be able to walk right out into the beach for the day. There was great snorkeling, wonderful food, and some crazy encounters with the local barracuda population. Haha.

Since I do not personally know each of you I won't go through everyone's comments individually, but I am rooting for each of you in your journey. While hoping that none of us are here for long, I do hope to get to know each of you while we are here. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• @chloe97 My thoughts are with you and DH today. I am sorry for your loss.

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• @MWoodside yes of course Cedar Point! :) I thought it wouldn't be too busy today but seems like there are a lot of college kids on break and high school kids on their class trip or something...oh well we are having a great time!

Happy anniversary @fivetimesnoluck!
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):  Just finished my last Provera on Sunday, so waiting for AF.

3. Rants/raves:  Not much...my first due date is coming up on Thursday and I have no idea how I am going to be.  DH and I are having dinner with good friends who are due in July (a few days before my second due date).  I don't think I realized the date when we scheduled dinner but I think it will be ok.  They know about our losses and have been great support, but it's never easy staring at a 7 month pregnant lady for a few hours straight.  

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?  I have lots of favorites before I met DH (6 weeks backpacking through Europe and Hawaii for spring break in college), but with him...a trip to California and Charleston.

@bornready we watch that too but are a few episodes behind, I will have to remember that quote!  Thank you for sharing :) 

@SnobunnieMel I am sorry you're having a rough day! Sending hugs and good vibes!  @reneeannemm take good care of yourself this week lady!  I'll be thinking of you.

@chloe97 I had a MC at almost 11 weeks in early January (chromosomal abnormality as well, but no heartbeat at check up) and I took 5 weeks off of work from the day I found out about our loss to when I 'officially' started working again.  I work for myself and can do that when I am slow (I think regardless I would have needed at least a week or two) and by the third/fourth week I felt OK enough to start doing a little work and it ended up being a good distraction.  The first few weeks were hard but I did a lot of soul searching and was able to drag myself out of one of the deepest holes I have ever been in.  Do whatever feels right for you and for DH.  My husband was all in support of whatever I needed to do in order to begin a healing process (which is going to be a work in progress for a long time).  He also had a much harder time with our second loss and was able to understand how I felt.
  • @amberruka that's our plan as well! Fly into Belfast then take the ferry over 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @Spartanrd4 So glad it went better than expected when you saw your co-worker's baby! 

@amberruka I love random driving vacations with no plans.We usually do that in New Mexico as often as we can get out there. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW :neutral: 

3. Rants/raves: Ranting- This horrid man has an office next to mine and is old, hard of hearing, wearing SO MUCH COLOGNE and seriously cuts his finger nails every.single.day. My nails didn't grow that fast on prenatals and when I was preggo, so what's his deal? Nail cutting is not work appropriate behavior. 

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: I am torn between honeymoon in  Lake Placid and Montreal and any of our trips to New Mexico (4 so far totally 6 weeks- I have to live there someday!). So different but each were wonderful.
  • @Spartanrd4 Cedar point is so much fun! Enjoy!

@dpjennifer Congrats on the weight loss! I'm still working on mine but down 2 of 5ish. 

@reneeannemm and @chloe97 Sending mad love and hugs at you ladies today, for different reasons obviously, but with equal sincerity and heartache for you. 

@fivetimesnoluck FX for your beta, girl!

Mobile Bump is being awful today so I'm going to stop tagging but big congrats to the ladies off the bench now! 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): After a BFN despite no AF 8 weeks out from D&C, I'm officially calling it WTO. Appointment with OB on Friday. FF says I ovulated, FF is probably wrong. 

3. Rants/raves: Rave to the OB receptionist for being a total sweetheart to me about my situation today. 

No rants today, really. I'm feeling very positive. 

I have a soft spot for Florida, obviously. But, I really have to say DH and I's two trips to California were so magical and fun. Past trips to Toronto and Niagara Falls are dear to me as well. 
  • @dubcompanion - I feel the same way

@fivetimesnoluck - happy anniversary
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• JDMRSJDMRS member
    @rainbowturtles yay for moving forward! DH and I agreed that we aren't actively trying this month or next but we won't be sad if it happens.
  • @rainbowturtles woohoo for moving forward! I am technically benched, OB said it is better to wait two cycles to build up the lining again, but I don't know if I want DH to use protection either! I thought about suggesting PO but not sure that would work as we all know how they are!! ;) anyone else been benched for the same reason and didn't use condoms? Sorry if it is a TMI question but just trying to decide which way to go!
  • @lilylover27 we used PO method the month we were benched and I swear it made me crazier during my TWW
  • @lilylover27 My regular OB told us to wait 2 cycles as well, but we never bothered to PO or use protection after my first AF post-loss. I was given the "build up lining" rationale as well, although the OB who performed my D&C said we only needed to wait 1 cycle. So, to be fair, we DID get the OK to resume TTC sooner than 2 cycles. My regular OB was like, "Err, you really should wait 1 more cycle..." but since his cohort had OK'ed it, I went with that. 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @lilylover27 @dubcompanion
    I find it interesting that your OBs told you to wait. It just another example of how widely varied the advice we all get during pregnancy and loss (especially yours @dubcompanion same cohort- different directions from doctors who both have examined you) I was talking to my friend who also had an uneventful loss, and her OB said to wait at least 6 months to try. 
    -  At my follow up the OB who did my D&E said jump right in and start trying because the newest information suggests that waiting doesn't produce better results. She referred me to this study in the Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She gave me a printout of the article, but it appears online we can only access the abstract. Now I wonder if my regular GYN at the same practice would have given me the same directive. 
  • @SnobunnieMel yea I can see that making the TWW crazier for sure! I just started tempting again so maybe I will at least wait one cycle post MC and track my temps (even though that also drives me crazy sometimes!)

@dubcompanion funny how two doctors told you different things! I have heard so many people go from waiting a few cycles to trying right away because your "more fertile" guess it is hard to know what to believe!

@jdmrs I also heard that waiting doesn't improve the chances of success as well. It is so strange to me that it varies so widely! I guess we will just have to figure out what we are comfortable with. I am hoping to have AF within the next week or so though (if I resume back to pre-MC and pre-conceiving cycles) so that would shorten the wait either way!
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @lilylover27 you are exactly right- we have to be comfortable with our choice. We were going to wait but with the arrival of AF 29 days after my D&E, and it lasting 7 days exactly, I took it as a sign that my body was ready. I just wish there was a little more uniformity in the information available. so so frustrating!

• 1. Hi everyone, my name is Julia and I would like to join this community if possible. I miscarried twin boys at 18.5 weeks a year ago and haven't been able to get my body figured out since. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): On cd27 so technically I'm in the 2WW window but just got a call from my doctors office saying my progesterone levels were too low (also part of my rant) so I guess I'm really just waiting for AF

3. Rants/raves: Rant: I got a positive OPK on cd19, thought for sure I ovulated on my own for the first time since my miscarriage and then got the call today that my progesterone levels were at 0.51. Rave: I quit my job last week and am done commuting three hours a day!

4. GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?: DH and I went to Scrub Island in the BVI for our honeymoon..it was absolutely gorgeous. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• I might have gotten excited too soon, but I'm still taking it as a good sign (which isn't to say I didn't cry a bit last night when it didn't happen again lol). Since I'm not medically benched, POM seems right for us, tho I have to agree with @SnobunnieMel that it can make my TWW a little crazier than it should be since I always feel like there's a bit of a chance (plus I'd be ECSTATIC if I got KU before we plan to start officially TTC in September). Last month was definitely hard but this month I'm feeling more calm about it and telling myself it's pretty unlikely. I still take my prenatals and DHA just in case and to try to build a solid foundation in the meantime.

Its definitely strange the conflicting advice to women on waiting or not waiting to TTC!! Ten years ago after my first mc, the u/s at 10 weeks showed everything had passed and the doctor said "the good news is you can start trying again right away", which was a heartbreaking way to say it on a couple levels, but that's another story. Makes a confusing and hard time more confusing when women are getting different advice (6 months??)!
  • @JDMRS Yeah I found that really interesting too. I asked my regular OB why the advice was varied. He explained that there are no concrete studies to back up what waiting time length is ideal. He preferred to go with 2 cycles since it gave the body a little more time to recuperate. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe So sorry for your losses and for the news on your progesterone levels. How discouraging... hope things level out soon for you. Welcome to the community! Also, yay for no longer commuting three hours a day. I commuted 1 hr 15 minutes one way for a full year. We finally managed to sell our house and move halfway in between the city and my job out in the country. Both my H and I now commute 35 minutes one way in opposite directions.