November 2015 Moms
Options

What does baby wear to sleep?

hi, what are you putting your baby to sleep in these days? Are you swaddling, or using any sleep sacks? Anyone using the Magic Sleepsuit?

We have LO in the magic Sleepsuit most nights, but we didn't put it on him tonight and he rolled from his back to his stomach in his crib. I read that once they can roll from back to front and front to back that you don't have to worry about them sleeping on their stomachs, but it's a bit nerve wracking to see on the monitor! Guessing I'm not supposed to curl up next to him in the crib to watch him sleep all night? 

Re: What does baby wear to sleep?

• Options
    rachswirachswi member
    Zeke was swaddled all of one night before we realized he hates it. He sleeps in a light cotton footed pajama under a crocheted blanket. He also sleeps on his belly. I'm thinking as it gets warmer we'll have to find an alternative to the crocheted blanket since it's a heavier yarn. 

Zeke has been on his belly since 5 weeks. It took some getting used to but I don't worry about him anymore. Those first few nights I felt like I had to watch him sleep the whole time though! 
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited May 2016
    DD sleeps in a cotton footed sleeper with a halo sleep sack over it (arms out). She rolls both ways and has for a while but stays put on her back when sleeping (for now). I did buy a breathable crib mattress for the time when she does roll onto her belly. And yes you're correct that once they can roll belly to back they can sleep on their tummy but it's still recommended that they are put down on their back to start. 

Im also looking to ditch the sleep sack as soon as they weather warms up around here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elliot sleeps in a light cotton footed pajama and a halo sleep sac. It still gets pretty cold at night here (in ohio) and usually when I get her out of her crib her hands are freezing. Her legs and feet are often cold as well but her body is warm. I do the neck test. The back of her neck is always warm, but she also sleeps on her back. I just wonder if it's not enough. I'm not comfortable using a blanket yet until she can fully get up on her own. Sit up, stand, etc.
  • Options
    Also, my heat is generally set on 68 to 70 and she has brand new windows in her room. 2 months old. So I think I just worry myself. I don't like to think she's ever cold. 
  • Options
    My LO sleeps in a cotton footed sleeper. No sleep sack, but she's a hot sleeper.
  • Options
    MoRay05MoRay05 member
    LO is in thin cotton pjs with halo sleep sack right now. I always put LO in the halo sleep sack and just change the pjs depending on season ( i.e. Fleece pjs in winter, terry in spring and fall, thin cotton in summer). Anytime I ever tried no sleep sack with DD she never slept as well even if the room temperature was fine.  She always slept better with a sleep sack or blanket. I'm the same way. I don't sleep well either without a blanket. 
  • Options
    Cotton pjs and cotton sleep sack.  I'll probably keep up with the sleep sack even when it gets warm out bc DH likes to crank up the A/C on warm nights.
  • Options
    Bridget sleeps in a diaper and a muslin sleep sack.  It's nice and light weight.  It's already in the 90's in my area. 

When I just had her in the footed pajamas she would stick her feet through the crib slats constantly.  The sleep sack completely stopped that. 

Link to sleep sack https://www.amazon.com/SwaddleDesigns-zzZipMe-Wearable-Blanket-Thicket/dp/B01ABQAXXQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    MoRay05 said:
    LO is in thin cotton pjs with halo sleep sack right now. I always put LO in the halo sleep sack and just change the pjs depending on season ( i.e. Fleece pjs in winter, terry in spring and fall, thin cotton in summer). Anytime I ever tried no sleep sack with DD she never slept as well even if the room temperature was fine.  She always slept better with a sleep sack or blanket. I'm the same way. I don't sleep well either without a blanket. 
    This^^ all this. We have cotton and fleece sleep sacks we change out depending on the weather.  Speaking of... where the heck are the warm temps? I'm sick of the fleece sleep sack.
  • Options
    Whatever is clean, lol.

Usually it's a long sleeve shirt that stop at the belly, not onesies, and a fleece sleep sack. It makes diaper changes easy. I usually drape a blanket over his legs still since otherwise its only 1 layer on them.

Halo makes nice thin wearable blankets that are tshirt material, I have one for when it gets warmer.
  • Options
    My guy typically wears light footie jammies and a Zipadee Zip. If it's in the wash I'll go with a sleeveless cotton or muslin sack. He rolls to his stomach most of the time and likes to sleep that way with his rump in the air. Like @Ceridwen77 we have a breathable mattress. 
  • Options
    PocoHRPocoHR member
    My bubba is in a onesie and a muslin sleep sack tonight because it's warm. When it's colder we do footie pjs and a thicker sleep sack.
  • Options
    footie pjs, although with it getting warmer, we've switched to a two piece without feet on warm nights.
  • Options
    smnewbysmnewby member
    Just like evey other "never would i ever" comment I've made about parenting...we let our little one sleep in a footed onsie with a "little giraffe" square blankie. She loves that blankie and i think she would have seperation anxiety if we tried to put her down at night without it! Its so small I feel safe about it. She grabs it between sleep cycles and curls up and falls back asleep. 
  • Options
    smnewby said:
    Just like evey other "never would i ever" comment I've made about parenting...we let our little one sleep in a footed onsie with a "little giraffe" square blankie. She loves that blankie and i think she would have seperation anxiety if we tried to put her down at night without it! Its so small I feel safe about it. She grabs it between sleep cycles and curls up and falls back asleep. 
    I would buy at least one more and start rotating them out.  You have not known wrath until you feel the wrath of a baby who's lovey got left somewhere.  They will also sometimes reject a new replacement because it isn't as worn as the old one.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    smnewbysmnewby member
    @VexedMommy great idea! Thank you!
  • Options
    smnewby said:
    @VexedMommy great idea! Thank you!
    No problem.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  DD1 has "Puppy" which was bigger than her when she started sleeping with it.  She still sleeps with him 10yrs later.  There were some really, really tough days when Puppy was left at Nana's and I wasn't going to drive 3hrs to get it back.  With Bridget, she really likes a lovey we've named Tabs (It has tabs on it.  We're very original when it comes to names in this family.) We keep one in the diaper bag and one in the crib so they both get used and we have a backup if necessary.  They're also widely available thank goodness.  DD1's Puppy was not widely available so there was no buying extras.  I was a silly first time parent.  lol.