April 2016 Moms

Back Pain? Back Labor?

I haven't had back pain though my whole pregnancy. I am 36 weeks and 5 days. My co-worker brought up back labor and now I am a little concerned. Well not really concerned buy curious. The pain started last night but when I woke up this morning it was gone. Well a couple hours later it staring up again. It's been on and off but I don't think I am having contractions and it isn't server pain just annoying and throbbing. Any ladies go through back labor? Can you tell me how it started?

Re: Back Pain? Back Labor?

• I've been getting it although I have many things that contribute to my back pain. I do feel it during a contraction and with cramping. Being on BR doesn't help either but it's different with contractions for me. It almost feels like the back pain I got with cramps/period. Just shy of 36 wks and have become more intense in the past week or so.
  • I agree - it feels like the period backaches in the lower back, except from time to time I'll have attack-like pains that come all of a sudden. Those are either stabbing pains or heavily throbbing pains. I put a heating pad on the spot and they go away in half an hour or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had back labor for the first time this pregnancy (third baby).  It was lower back pain that got more intense with a contraction but didn't go away completely between contractions.  The back pain I felt started to intensify before I noticed the contraction up front and then with the contraction seemed to reach a peak before lessening but never going away completely.  I think it is worth a call to the doctor.
  • With DD, I felt pain only in the back. It was awful, probably because I didn't expect it and it totally surprised me. 
  • Just delivered my first and had back labor. I had no idea it was labor until the pain came definitively in waves, and I had to breathe through each one. Mine increased in intensity and time in between each one shortened within the span of 2 hours, and we went to the hospital. It will feel just like you would envision labor to be, except with EXCRUCIATING pain in your back instead of your front. I had to stop and breathe through each contraction and concentrate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I delivered on Tuesday and pain started in my back. It wasn't until hours later when I was in the hospital and 8 centimeters dilated that I felt any pain in front. My back pain came in waves though and could be timed like contractions. It also increased in intensity and got closer together over time. 
  • It must just be back pain then. The last 2 days haven't been bad. About 2-3 times a day the pain will intensify and I won't be able to get comfortable but then goes away and I feel fine. I guess I am ready so I am looking for any little thing! 
  • I was getting back pain for a little while, but it would go away with a heating pad.

• I'm 39 weeks pregnant
    First time mom
    I don't feel any contractions.. but I'm having severe back painss.. sore hips.. could it be labour? 
  • I had HORRIFIC back pain last week, I couldn't talk through it.

Turns out it was a kidney stone. Boo. 
  • I just delivered my first this morning. I was having regular contractions for close to 30 hours before I came to the hospital because my doctor attributed the back pain to just early labor. Turns out she was face up, which causes terrible back pain and slllloooowwww labor. Thankfully, they were able to turn her, but she was basically stuck.

Also, she weighed 9 lbs 5 oz, which probably made it worse.
  • hhale79hhale79 member
    My water broke on 4/27.  I had back labor (EXCRUCIATINGLY).  I hoped for a natural birth, but the pain was too severe.  I opted for an epidural at 1:00am.  Pitocin was started a couple of hours later.  I didn't feel a thing.  I pushed for 10 minutes, max.  My beautiful son was born 4/28 at 8:30am.