Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 5/9***

mechelita44mechelita44 member
edited May 2016 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies in their 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What is the weirdest pregnancy dream you’ve had to date?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@AdorkablePixie  EDD 05/23/16 with a little boy
@NB817  EDD 05/28/16 with a little boy
@Binnie505  EDD 06/12/16 with a little girl
@msbender129  EDD 06/15/16 team green
@mclorn  EDD 06/16/16 with a little boy and a little girl
@kaitielynnrichardson  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@HBamama2B  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 5/9***

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited May 2016
    Hope all of the mommies and mommies-to-be had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend :smile: 

Week 30 for me this week! Baby's movement has definitely changed from distinct, sharp little kicks and punches to crazyyyy rolls and karate kicks! My friend who is due 5 weeks before me told me about this transition for her and I am now feeling it, what an amazing feeling! I def feel the baby more often, love it! My next appt. is at week 32 so just waiting slightly impatiently until then. Belly is super itchy but I am feeling great :smile: 

QOTW: I've had A LOT of really bizarre dreams throughout my pregnancy but I think my weirdest/ favorite was pretty early on. I had a dream that the baby was just born, I was about to start breast feeding for the first time and as I was trying to get Baby to latch, Baby paused and looked at me (and my milk maker) and said, "Mommy, what is that?!" Yes, in my dream my hours old newborn could speak and was already calling me 'Mommy' ! Although I was the only one that could hear the baby... kind of like on Family Guy where only Brian can hear Stewie talk haha.
  • good morning ladies!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!  I have my 34 week appointment today, just a regular check up, so it should be pretty quick and simple.  Question though -- when did your doctor start checking your cervix for dilation, and when did you start going for weekly check ups?  I have two bi-weekly appointments (today and the 23rd) and then I start to go weekly on June 6th when she will start checking my cervix.  Seems to be cutting is close!  I am definitely going to ask her about it today, but I thought I would see what the plan is for you all too?  Also, we had our birth class last weekend -- the nurse told me to put a shower curtain on my seat in the car, just in case my water breaks while driving, that way I don't ruin the seat.. she also told me to get a protector for my mattress.  Guess I need to go shopping!!

QOTW:  I have had a lot of weird, scary and funny dreams during pregnancy.  I think what stands out the most about all of it, is that I remember them so clearly.  I share them with my mom, and usually, she laughs because they are ridiculous (like getting out of an elevator and the ground floor being flooded and full of sharks), to her being mortified (having our house broken into and everything stolen, including the mirrors on the walls, and then having the robbers show up at the hospital to visit our son.. WHAT!?)

• Loading the player...
  • krbjoykrbjoy member
    @kaitielynnrichardson I was concerned with my OB not checking me for dilation at first, but then realized it didn't matter unless I have symptoms that pointed to possible dilation (i.e.: real contractions) so he didn't start to check until like my 39th week. Even at that point, my cervix was still super high and not at all ripe or dilated. That was on a Monday, that Friday my water broke. That Monday I felt so bummed that I had no progress in my cervix. I guess I'm just saying that I'm glad he didn't start checking sooner because it would have bummed me out longer as I always had the feeling I was going to deliver early. Oh and my weekly appointments started at 36 weeks when we started doing NSTs. 
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krbjoy thank you!! that makes me feel much better!! <3

• Hi Ladies. Can't believe how far along everyone is! I've got 38 days till my EDD on June 17th and it feels both like that's forever away and tomorrow. Anyone else feeling like that?

@kaitielynnrichardson Your apts set up sounds similar to mine when I was with the OB. The midwives I'm with now will start doing every week apts at 36 weeks but no cervix checks until labor which I'm glad of since I think it would just frustrate me to know one way or the other. During labor I'll have them only as absolutely necessary (I've asked to avoid them where possible). I do have a group B strep test next week. You may have that at your next apt. :)

QOTW: Playing poker with Snoop Dogg at a work party. That was interesting...
  • mclornmclorn member
    Hi Everyone!  I had my 34 week appointments yesterday, but don't pay too much attention because with twins I'm sure it's quite different.  I started weekly appointments at 32 weeks and weekly NST at 34 weeks.  Also my cervix has been being checked since probably 30 weeks.  Sooooo lots of appointments!  Everything looks great though - no dilatation, heart beats and great, BP is fine, weight gain is.... happening ;)... so just playing the waiting game!  Yes, totally feels forever away yet so close!  I also had the group B strep test yesterday, so I'll hear back on that in a couple days....

QOTW:  Too many to keep straight!  The most recurring dreams though involves breastfeeding... that must really be a concern to me!

***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • @mclorn so glad you're doing well and rocking the multiples pregnancy. FX it keeps going well and you feel great through the rest of the pregnancy!
  • 38 weeks here! I can't believe how fast this all is going by. Yesterday I had quite the morning. I wasn't feeling good in the morning, then I started getting bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. At first I thought it was the stomach issues I have and have been dealing with from time to time, but then I noticed when the cramps were happening, my stomach was tightening up and getting hard like contractions. This lasted from 8:30am-1:00pm. I went to my weekly appointment and told my midwife, she got all excited and said it sounds like my body is clearing up and getting ready for labor. She said she may see me next week, she may not. She told me, "no go home and PACK YOUR HOSPITAL BAG!" Around 1:00pm it really slowed down and I'd only get the cramps every so often. Today, I've had almost nothing except for maybe a few BH but can't even feel those, I just notice when my tummy is hard. I'm not ready for him to come yet though, so that's fine. At least it kicked me in gear to pack my hospital bag!

QOTW: I've had TONS of crazy dreams. I really wish I had been writing them down, cause some of them are good. Some of them not so much. The most recent one that I really remember being weird was the other day, the baby was born and the size of a baby. By the time I got to breastfeed him it was a her and was a couple of months old. The next time I walked into the room the little baby was a toddler. It was so weird and a little disappointing, I wanted a baby!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • NB817NB817 member
    Hi ladies! 37+4 today! And only 12 days until my scheduled C-section woohoo! I'm feeling okay. Some days are harder to sleep than others. Seems like my body is setting an internal alarm clock for 3am every morning though so hopefully that's a time when the baby will want to get up once he's here. 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• NB817NB817 member
    @kaitielynnrichardson I started weekly appointments after 36 weeks. My OB offered to check me and I said yes. I won't say yes again as that sh*t hurt!!!!! 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• mclornmclorn member
    @NB817 I do feel like a farm animal every time they go in :D
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Greaaaaaaat.  Looking forward to that :-/
  • Morning ladies! Today is my 28th week! I am posting this from my doc office while doing my three hour glucose test. Trying really hard not to throw up! 

Many due date is Aug 4th and having a c section by the end of July. And I'm having a little boy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited May 2016
    Welcome @TerraMae80 !!! So nice to see you here :) and wish you didn't have to go through the 3 hour glucose test! I hope things turn out well!!
  • Hello ladies. 35 weeks 6 days today. Had an OB appointment with ultrasound on Thursday. Baby girl is measuring great, is head down and everything else looked great. However since I had eaten 1/2 hour b4 my appointment she was sleeping. And that was not good enough for the ultrasound tech. She poked couple times to wake the baby up but oh well she was sound asleep. So the doc made me take the NST test and everything was great :) 

As for the dream, I have had few wierd dreams here and there but they were too vague to even remember. So I guess I don't have anything interesting lol.

Hope you all have a great weekend!