January 2016 Moms
Options

Everybody's favorite - a poop question

DS is 15 weeks and EBF.  I know it's normal for them to go several days without pooping and until recently he would go every 3-4 days.  We recently upped his daycare bottles from 4 oz to 5, just to see if he e as interested in drinking that much (he gets three bottles in a 9 hour day.). This past week he's pooped at least twice a day.  today was 3 times.  Is this a sign he doesn't need all 5 oz?
If I could cut out the MOTN pumping session, that would make this mama very happy, but I worked my butt off to get my supply up to the point where I could EBF and I'd hate to find out at his 4 month appointment that he's still not getting enough.

Re: Everybody's favorite - a poop question

• Options
    My LO upped her frequency a little after starting daycare. She used to go once every 2-3 days, and about 3 weeks after she started daycare, she went back to 2-4 times daily. This happened around the time she got a cold and then ear infection and upping her ounce intake to 4 and 5 oz pumped bottles. When she went to doctors for cold she had dropped quite a bit in weight percentiles. I asked about the poop frequency increase and pediatrician wasn't concerned as it's normal range and can happen to speed up again. Hoping to be told we're back on track with weight on Monday at her 4 month. I'd be curious if you're told anything different.
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    Good luck with the weight gain!  Our 4 month isn't until the beginning of June.  I'm hoping he's back up where he should be by then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    18 weeks here- EBF.  My baby is consistently 2-3 x a time.  She is pretty close to being on her growth curve, if anything a little under.  I didn't realize increases in poop frequency was a sign they were getting too much.  I notice she goes more on days when she is relaxed. 
  • Options
    At 4 months LO consistently goes 2-3x a day. We have never had a full day without poop. I have also noticed that he goes more on a good nap day when he is relaxed and happy. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't take it as a sign he doesn't need the milk. Their poop frequency can change from time to time. At around 3 months my baby went from pooping a few times a day, to not popping for a few days. Now it kind of goes between the two. He's not even eating anymore or less than normal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 16 weeks old EBF. She gets 4-4oz bottles at daycare between 8am and 5:30pm. She used to poop several times a day but once she started daycare at 12 weeks she usually goes only once maybe twice a day. Only a few times she has gone 24 hrs W/O pooping. I nurse her when we get home and before she goes to sleep. She gets up around 1 am and 5am to nurse as well.
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    Thanks ladies.  Sounds like he's pretty normal in this area and I just need to get used to the increase in blow outs :)