Multiples

Pre-eclampisa at 31 weeks with twins

hello all,
I was just diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 31 weeks with my twins.  My blood pressure has progressive getting higher and my 24-hr urine test came back abnormal.  Not to mention bad feet/ankle swelling.  Doc told me I needed to go on "modified" bed rest, and am bein given steriod shots for babies lungs.  I am freaking out, not to mention I suffer from severe anxiety/depression.  Im so worried that bad thibns will happen and they will need to deliver these kids now.

Does anyone have any advice on how to manage or gone through a similar experience?  Need some positive thoughts!

Re: Pre-eclampisa at 31 weeks with twins

• DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited May 2016
    I'm sorry for what you're going through.  I had a singleton pregnancy 3 years ago (PG with twins now) and I had severe pre-e with IUGR diagnosed at 30 weeks. What meds have they put you on?  How high was your BP/urine protein?  I was hospitalized for 4 days when we learned of mine.  Went home on a ton of meds and ended up going back shortly after and delivered at 34 weeks. Have they done an U/S to check the babies growth?  They need to make sure they aren't in distress or IUGR.  

I don't mean to make the anxiety worse but I thought you'd want to know how others were treated for the same.  If you're not on meds yet, why not?  If you haven't had an U/S yet, why not?  If they aren't doing NST's for the babies yet, they should.  And you need to REALLY take it easy.  I hope you have some of these answers, if not, get them from your doc and advocate like a broken record for your health and your babies. 

I I was ill for almost 2 years because my pre-e got so severe.  Early detection and monitoring is key. Bright side - my son was born at 4.2, had a lengthy NICU stay and is perfect today at 3.   Good luck!  Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions - I'll do my best to help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• I'm sorry you're going through this, it is all pretty scary and can happen so quickly. 
    I was a little over 35 weeks with my twins when they discovered I had pre e and we were told we would need to deliver them that day. Due to other issues, we scheduled a c section and they were born that afternoon. It was a little overwhelming at first, but it was the best thing for all 3 of us. One of the worst parts of the experience was that after delivery, the twins went to the nicu and I was kept on bed rest with a 24 hour magnesium drip, so I was unable to see them for a day. I would suggest speaking to your doctor about that possibility. My DH was great and constantly sent me photos and videos of them. 
    Our DD was in the nicu for 2 weeks and DS was in for 2 1/2 weeks. It was a struggle for us to see them there and not have them home, but they flourished and are now very healthy and happy 5 month olds.