November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

123457»

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• @Sheybre banning is forever, you cannot come bac under that email/username. The BGs replaced the old system of mods assigned to each board. They oversee all boards and gave the ability to close threads, delete threads, warn users and ban users if they feel the user is in violation of the TOU. There are a limited number of BGs, and they are employed by TBs parent company to police the boards. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SheybreSheybre member
    Banning is forever??? That is craziness. Thanks for the clarification. @comealongponds
  • Loading the player...
  • For those of you that have been out of the loop, here's a link to the Group: 
    https://forums.thebump.com/group/981-n16-clubhouse

Feel free to click Apply to join, it takes a little while to be accepted as there is a vetting process. Be patient, no one is forgetting anyone. Also, there is a spot to write in why you want to be accepted but the Mods/group can't view this for some reason, so don't worry about writing anything.
    .... But I put my heart and soul into my entrance essay. (j/k... I compared being in your club to sitting with the cool kids at lunch. That's as witty as I could get.) 
    Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Well damn.  I'm on Dec '16 but I lurk here all the time because this is a great board (I'll also probably deliver in November so I'm kind of legit).  Now everyone is going to disappear :(
  • leighryleighry member
    A lot can happen in 6 months I wouldn't worry too much about it. People will find their way back.
  • kms456kms456 member
    yeah I'm still here. And plan to be. Can't get rid of me that easily
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• What if we all just ignored a certain user/hid her posts? It seems like just one user is causing issues on this board. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• @shevaCC  That's scary, I hope you're able to get lots of information from this. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My initial NT scan looked good but the blood test came back all wacky. She said that my % for Downs is now at 1.3% (rather than 0.2% before). I realize it is a low percentage still, but still a little scary to think I am not normal.

Today we had to go in and discuss family history in more detail. She asked "are both of your parents still living?" I had to say no and burst into tears. We suddenly lost my mother this last September and it is still very emotionally hard. Of course she wanted to know details in case there were any genetic factors, but I couldn't even form words I was crying so hard. Poor lady was just trying to do her job. She was kind though.

Silver lining is that we get to do a Harmony test now which will allow us to find out the gender rather than having to wait until 20 weeks!
  • My initial NT scan looked good but the blood test came back all wacky. She said that my % for Downs is now at 1.3% (rather than 0.2% before). I realize it is a low percentage still, but still a little scary to think I am not normal.

Today we had to go in and discuss family history in more detail. She asked "are both of your parents still living?" I had to say no and burst into tears. We suddenly lost my mother this last September and it is still very emotionally hard. Of course she wanted to know details in case there were any genetic factors, but I couldn't even form words I was crying so hard. Poor lady was just trying to do her job. She was kind though.

Silver lining is that we get to do a Harmony test now which will allow us to find out the gender rather than having to wait until 20 weeks!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother, that's terribly rough. Don't feel bad, I am sure she is use to hearing about family history and is trained to be sensitive to things like that. It's shitty when it takes you by surprise like that but very understandable.

I'll keep my fingers crossed everything turns out to be math and not any actual issues. ♥
  • @shevaCC peanut allergies are terrifying. I hope you can get your DD into the trial and that it helps her! I can't imagine having to worry about cross contamination all the time...it can happen so easily. 

@suzy=Greenberg please jump in! Most of us don't bite, at least not hard! We love new people who are nice and normal (healthy dose of snark is optional but appreciated). The Clubhouse is in no way an exclusive group or a popularity contest, we just want to know (to the extent we can) those who are joining are not crazy people!

@blondesweety444 I'm so sorry about your mom. That sounds like a very emotional appointment for you but your risk is still super low! I hope everything works out for you. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Blondesweety444 so sorry about your loss. FX for a healthy baby! 1.3 is still very very low!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Blondesweety444 I am so sorry for your loss and that you had a rough appt. Sending positive thoughts your way that everything on the Harmony test comes back with good results!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @Blondesweety444Congratulations! So very happy for you! :)
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Congrats on a beautiful baby boy @Blondesweety444!
  • Ash9614Ash9614 member
    It got crazy at work this last week and I'm just catching up on the drama! No wonder it's been so quiet around here - I thought I was imagining things. It all makes sense now...
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great news!! Congrats on your baby boy!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ash9614 said:
    It got crazy at work this last week and I'm just catching up on the drama! No wonder it's been so quiet around here - I thought I was imagining things. It all makes sense now...
    I think I am *finally* caught up. I haven't posted anything because I've been so busy reading. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24