Pregnant after IF
Options

**New leader needed** 2nd Tri Check-in Week of May 9

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:

@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy!

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 boy!

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16 with 1 girl! 

@Vagarcia16 EDD 8/23/16 with 1 girl!

@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

@Alyeena EDD 9/1/16 with 1 boy!

@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!

@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!

@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean

@kennelchick EDD 10/18 with 1 bean

@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!

@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!

@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 bean

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

**NEW LEADER NEEDED NEXT WEEK**

QOTW 1: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? 

QOTW2: Who wants to take over leading the check in next week? This is my last week in the 2nd trimester. It's easy to do even if you are just a mobile user like me. 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: **New leader needed** 2nd Tri Check-in Week of May 9

• Options
    Morning ladies! This will be my last week with you all! I will be heading over to the Tri 3 board this Thursday! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. 

Today I started my diet for the 3-hour glucose test. The diet is pretty strict and I will fast the last day 10:30pm until the test the next morning, then I will have my blood taken every hour for three hours to be sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm praying I don't.  I am also seeing this as a blessing. I gave into my donut cravings and now I am scared to death about my baby not being 100% healthy, and It's my fault. But I am trying to be positive. 

Breakfast this morning was hot cereal, toast with jam and some fruit. I've already had 64oz of water and it's not even 10am. I'm feeling good so far and Wyatt is kicking nonstop.

Mother's day was emotional for me. My (almost) two year old was transitioned to a big boy bed and slept like a champ! I was a bit heartbroken. I can't believe he's going to be two tomorrow and he's already so independent that the new bed doesn't even phase him. I'm so proud! I have to share a few pics!

QOTW: this is so lame but I cried when I watched this, Employee of the Month with Jessica Simpson and Dane Cook. OMG I died and I love that movie so much!!!!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    19 weeks, 1 day here!  Nothing really much to update everyone on.  Has anyone started to look at taking any classes or are you waiting for the 3rd tri?  I was thinking about signing up for some in late June, early July but wasn't sure.  Next week I go for my Anatomy Scan and I cannot wait!

QOTW 1: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? When I was little, it was definitely Blazzing Saddles (the campground scene had me in stitches).  I'd have to say now it would probably be Bridesmaids.

QOTW2: Who wants to take over leading the check in next week? This is my last week in the 2nd trimester. It's easy to do even if you are just a mobile user like me. I can't do the next two weeks, but could start on May 30th (If someone else would volunteer to do the 16th and 23rd) and go through July 4th (my 27th week).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Piperella Bridesmaids! YES!!!! Love that one too!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    ecb3588ecb3588 member
    Hey all! Congrats @TerraMae80 on moving on to tri 3! @Piperella I have to agree with you on the QOTW! I could watch Bridesmaids everyday and find it equally as funny each time! 

AFM: Anatomy scan is scheduled for May 20th, but we snuck in a private US last week and found out it's a boy! Starting to feel little knocks on the inside of my belly! Love him already! 
  • Options
    Congrats on the little boy @ecb3588!!!!!!!!!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    Pretty laid back week for me. I worked Sunday and Monday now I'm off until Saturday and it is beautiful out. I just enjoyed a nice walk with my pregnant friend. Also caught up on this week's Game of Thrones. Finally finished Lost  (8 years later). 

Anatomy scan on Monday! I can't wait! My friend is throwing me a gender reveal party the following Saturday. I wasn't on board at first, but when she put it as a day to celebrate this pregnancy that took so long to get started and agreed to the no gifts policy, I'm now on board. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

QOTW 1: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? The Heat with Melissa McCarthy, hands down. I love everything she does!
  • Options
    QOTW: Totally Bridesmaids!  I'm piggybacking onto @Piperella too.  :)  

AFM: I'm 24w2d and I had a wild day yesterday.  It started late last week when my heartburn got out of control.  I called the clinic on Friday and they started me on Reglan and Gaviscon at bedtime.  The Gaviscon was NASTY and made my heartburn worse.  The Reglan may have helped a little bit.  By Monday it was just relentless, so I called again and my OB was in, so she called in a prescription for Protonix.  OMG!  It's a miracle drug.  Also on Monday, I developed either a stomach bug or a reaction to the medication changes and had very mild diarrhea and nausea.  In hindsight, I wasn't drinking enough and it hurt to eat, so I wasn't doing enough of that either.  Yesterday I just felt crappy and off.  I had an appointment at the Pregnancy Diabetes Clinic and my endocrinologist (who's wife coincidentally had preterm labor with their IVF twins) convinced me to head over to L&D.  I ended up being there for 5 hours with an irritable uterus - likely caused by dehydration.  My contractions stopped finally after 2 liters of fluid.  I had a bunch of labs drawn and urine sent.  It was a wake up call.  I need to be more careful.  This pregnancy is NOTHING like my singleton pregnancy.  I'm really freaked out.  Working in the NICU, the last thing I want is 24 week twins.  Anyway, there's my upbeat update.  I guess the upside is that I'm home resting today and the babies are safely still inside me.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    25 w 5 d today. It's been a busy last ten days. We went on a babymoon to Utah last week and had a nightmare of a travel situation getting back. Getting stuck in an airport overnight and being pregnant is the worst mix. Also our precious dog that I've had for 11 years has been really sick and moving towards her final days which has had me sad and crying most days. But on Mother's Day we got a golden doodle puppy. He is so sweet and training is going really well. People think we are crazy getting a puppy with a baby on the way, but I don't work now and won't until at least January and DH knew I needed another dog to help me with the transition
    Congrats @TerraMae80 for moving into your 3rd trimester. 2 more weeks and I'll be there too! I have the GD test then too. I've been eating so awfully with the stress and vacation so I expect to get lectured on my weight gain. 

• Options
    ecb3588ecb3588 member
    @emsmama15 Wow glad you are feeling better! Chug that water, mama!

@katie121209 Sorry to hear about your fur baby. I have an 11 year old gal ,too, fingers crossed she is still doing well for a big doggy. Thats great about your puppy though! Something to love and keep you busy!
  • Options
    Sorry, meant to post here!!!

Can anyone help me pick up this thread for the next two weeks?  I'm on my babymoon on the 23rd, so I'll miss that day completely.  I can pick up the thread after that (starting on May 30th).  Let's not leave @riveridgional hanging as she moves on to the 3rd trimester!
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited May 2016
    So I just wrote an update for the first time in a few weeks and the page refreshed for some reason and erased all of it. Ugh. Long story short. I had an OB appt today and all is well and on track. I took the GD test today and am waiting on the results. I go back to the OB in 3 weeks and then start every 2 weeks for 2 visits then every week. No ultrasounds if everything continues to look on track. I can't believe I'll be in the 3rd Tri on Saturday. Time is flying!

@TerraMae hoping you pass the 3 hour glucose and you don't have preeclampsia! 

@Piperella I took 3 of a 4 part childbirth class last month. Business trip kept me from the 4th, which I'll take at the end of the month. I learned a lot about the hospital and what to expect and they gave handouts, so I can refresh my memory as the weeks get closer. I'll be taking a breastfeeding class at the end of June and am debating on whether or not to do a Lamaze class, which would be the end of June through the end of July. I'm due August 6. Thanks for offering to take over in 2 weeks. Hopefully someone else will volunteer for the 2 week gap.

QOTW : Deadpool. I couldn't stop laughing! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options
    @Piperella, I can do it.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! 17wks today and nothing to update. I have an appointment tomorrow for my monthly check up and to have AFP drawn. Currently looking into our baby moon plans. We were going to PR but with Zika, we cancelled and are looking into other options. 

QOTW: I could watch Spy and Tammy and laugh every time. Never gets old for me. 
  • Options
    I passed my GD Test, and I'm not anemic. Woohoo! I feel so much more relaxed now! My thyroid is now overactive, so I'll be taking a lower dose of synthroid. I'm kinda relieved/not surprised by that since I started losing weight the last 2 weeks and have been needing to eat non-stop and eat fast food frequently to maintain weight. We'll see how easy it is to adjust to a "normal" diet again! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14