June 2015 Moms

Mothers Day Plans

What is everyone doing to celebrate this mother's day?  We are still trying to figure out our plans, but thinking we are going to do a small BBQ with our moms, and family.  The weather should cooperate.  

Re: Mothers Day Plans

• I have to speak in church that day so the morning will be last minute planing. Then I'll give it after we are having dinner at my moms house. My dad usually cooks. But tonight we are doing girls night dinner with my mom,gma, aunt, and some of my cousins.
  • mindaamindaa member
    Me and LO are on our own this weekend, so we'll probably just go to church and do some major shopping -  IL's are visiting next weekend and we'll celebrate mother's day and an early 1st b-day with them. I think it's perfect, as we can go out for breakfast/brunch without the crowds!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Going with Mom, aunt, and sister in law to see the Mother's Day movie on Saturday. Not sure what DH has planned for Sunday. Since seeing DD's delivery he's been saying that Mother's Day is going to be amazing lol but truth be told I think he's been so busy at work that he hasn't had time to really put thought into anything. 
  • 10:30 brunch with my parents, MIL and her boyfriend, and LO. DH is out of town at a bachelor's party but comes home in the evening. If the weather is nice, maybe I'll take LO for a hike in the afternoon. 
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    Working. Womp womp. 

• Going to the zoo with the two grandmas.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • We didn't have any plans... But I did wake up to breakfast and a clean house and now we are just relaxing and watching old movies all day! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• My Mother's Day was all about my MIL and ill admit I was a little sour over that. I just need to seriously lower my expectations for holidays.  
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    @jessieR358 haha, i am right there with you.  I need a reality check leading up to these things.  
  • @swiebeShe gave us this hydrangea and I thought oh a Mother's Day gift...no, it was for us to plant to think of her! Lol
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    @jessieR358, she sounds like a turd ;)  You would think another mother wouldn't be so unthoughtful.  Especially your MIL.