May 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Didn't see one started yet. Let's hear it, ladies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    clw617clw617 member
    WTF @ the deer that zipped across a busy ass road on my way into work, right in front of my car and nearly clipped me going 55mph. I slammed on my brakes and swerved and nearly scared the baby out of me.
  • Options
    WTF to the girl who cut my hair last week; she cut wwaayyyy too much off (I said a couple inches, she cut a good 5-6 off) and didn't give me any layers at all, which I asked for. It was just a short, blunt, awful hair cut. I looked like the Dutch Boy Paints kid. It would be one thing if she made an honest mistake, but I could tell she didn't really want to cut my hair and wanted the whole thing over as quickly as possible. 

Didn't really want her trying to fix it since I could tell she gave zero effs, so I rescheduled with someone else. She was able to at least get me to where I don't look like a little boy anymore. But jeez, I already feel ugly enough being big and pregnant, my hair was the one thing left that I really liked!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mello13mello13 member
    WTF to this flippin' headache that I've had for two and a half days now. Nothing is getting rid of it, and sleeping it off with a newborn and toddler isn't really an option. I'm sure it's hormone related since I'm 2.5 weeks PP now, but still, I'm freaking OVER IT!!! I'm already struggling to function as it is.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF to one of DH's professors. He has finals this week and last week when we found out I had to be induced this Friday he emailed this professor asking if there was any way to take his exam early. It's been radio silence from this professor, she could at least email back saying no. He keeps checking his email to look for a reply because he really doesn't want to have to leave the hospital while I'm there to take an exam
  • Options
    I tripped on an uneven edge of my driveway last night and twisted my foot and scraped up my knee. I'm pretty coordinated and pretty much don't fall over ever, but with the added weight and off-balance center of gravity, these things happen way too much now. Ready to have my normal walking skills back!

And a second WTF - I just took a shower and I swear I still smell terrible. And when I say I, I mean my vagina. Is extreme pungency a sign that baby's coming soon??
  • Options
    Bad haircuts are the worst! I got one that was basically a long bowl cut if the bowl was placed on my head off center. I had to go to a different salon and have them chop it from my shoulders to my ears and then grow it back. It's taken about five months! 

• Options
    WTF to my dog lately. I think he's having anxiety about the baby coming, but seriously? He went 3 days without eating, finally ate last night, and then this morning he got into a bunch of stuff in the living room while we were gone. He hasn't done that since he was a puppy 4 years ago! He must be able to sense a change with me because we haven't been doing anything differently. 
  • Options
    mello13 said:
    WTF to this flippin' headache that I've had for two and a half days now. Nothing is getting rid of it, and sleeping it off with a newborn and toddler isn't really an option. I'm sure it's hormone related since I'm 2.5 weeks PP now, but still, I'm freaking OVER IT!!! I'm already struggling to function as it is.
    Mine was dehydration and cured with a ton of water and ibprofen PP. I'm sure you tried that but just a suggestion! 
  • Options
    My WTF was yesterday. I work in accounting and deal with expense reimbursement. Our new chef tried to expense his toothbrush and toothpaste because he says that he buys it in order to "stay fresh for our guests." I really hope he practices good hygiene at home otherwise I pity his wife.
  • Options
    WTF to my DH last night.  I had the baby all day while he was at work. I tuck the baby into the bassinet in the bedroom. I hoped to be able to decompress for an hour or two before her next feeding. Instead he comes in there grumpy bc he can't sleep with her in there bc he keeps wanting to check her breathing. Like wtf. Welcome to my world. I get significant less sleep than him and stress over that constantly and was wanting like a two hour break from that since he is her father and was home.  And don't get me started on Mother's Day and my birthday. But anyway.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Wtf to my sweet almost 2 year old. Please stop barfing, your brother and sister are coming on Tuesday and I want you to be able to come see them in the hospital. 

Also barf is gross and I don't want to be sick either. 
  • Options
    MercielMerciel member
    WTF to this stupid cold. Seriously? I have perfect health for almost 10 months and then come down with a cold out of nowhere FOUR DAYS BEFORE MY DUE DATE?!
  • Options
    Wtf, cold. 
    I woke on on Sunday with a mild sore throat, but attempted a nice day out. Ate lunch and gave up. Now it's centered itself in my nose. It's stiffy, yet runny. I try and blow my nose- nothing come out. Tried a dose of benadryl that did nothing. Arg. 
    Now I'm worried my hubby will get it next week and really eff up scheduled csection on the 23rd. I've called in my alternate just in case. 
  • Options
    Wtf to the lady I'm training that's going to take over part of my job while I'm on ML. I had typed out detailed, step-by-step instructions that included computer screenshots for her. Today, I gave them to her when we started training so she could make notes as we were going through everything, and she said, "Oh, I want to make my own notes," then wrote down everything I said word-for-word in her own notebook. :neutral: 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited May 2016
    @TheThornBird the same happened to me when I had my hair cut two years ago. I specifically asked for only 2-3 inches off, and you know my horror when I watched the stylist grab a large, half-foot chunk and just hack it diagonally (I'd asked for a straight trim). I'm not sure what their issue was, but I literally leapt off of the chair. The manager came over to even it out and apologized the entire time, and yeah, I haven't had my hair cut since. 

My WTF goes out to our new kitchen trash can. It's opens when you push down a certain part of the lid, which at first I thought was all cool BUT, when the smallest bit of anything gets between that part of the lid and the can, the can won't open and you have to take it apart. A piece of Kit-Kat wrapper did it this morning. Serves me right for tossing the old can with the foot pedal. 

• Options
    My WTF goes to LO, who is pushing down so hard on my bladder that I've had to resort to working from my bathtub all afternoon to reduce pressure. Otherwise, I'd be working from the toilet.

Totally ready to be over this whole pregnancy thing.
  • Options
    @TheThornBird the same happened to me when I had my hair cut two years ago. I specifically asked for only 2-3 inches off, and you know my horror when I watched the stylist grab a large, half-foot chunk and just hack it diagonally (I'd asked for a straight trim). I'm not sure what their issue was, but I literally leapt off of the chair. The manager came over to even it out and apologized the entire time, and yeah, I haven't had my hair cut since.

That's awful! I don't know why, but I've had so much trouble with stylists the past couple years. The places I go used to be fabulous and they really put a lot of effort into their work, but the stylists there now do a half-assed job and I can tell they don't enjoy it or want to be there. 
  • Options
    MrsKubley said:
    Wtf to my sweet almost 2 year old. Please stop barfing, your brother and sister are coming on Tuesday and I want you to be able to come see them in the hospital. 

Also barf is gross and I don't want to be sick either. 
    OMG I'm sorry. My 3 boys were sick and throwing up and it was horrible. I hope your LO gets better before they get here.

My WTF goes to my not-so-sweet almost 2 year old. DS1 had a field trip to the fire station today and I went to help chaperone. DS3 cried and threw a fit the whole time unless I was holding him. I'm in so much pain now and my PSD is really acting up. I can hardly walk.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    cgg0707cgg0707 member
    WTF to my dog! He's only 1 YO so he's still learning, but he just nibbled pretty hard at my son when trying to take a toy from his hand...this is seriously stressing me out! We started training classes last week and hope it helps, but he's such a mouthy dog!
  • Options
    cgg0707 said:
    WTF to my dog! He's only 1 YO so he's still learning, but he just nibbled pretty hard at my son when trying to take a toy from his hand...this is seriously stressing me out! We started training classes last week and hope it helps, but he's such a mouthy dog!
    I feel you on mouthy dogs! My golden retriever is MUCH better now at 3 than when he went through this as a pup, but I remember all the training it took to get him there.

We didn't have any kids yet (purposely waited as goldens are notorious to take a few years to start calming down), but it was still a lot of work!

You'll get there. It just takes time and patience. You may also want to offer an alternative, like we encourage a lick on the hand if our dog is feeling mouthy.
  • Options
    KurrantKurrant member
    WTF to my sweet little Lucine who *still* has crazy gas.  DH and I didn't sleep more than a couple of hours last night. At one point he took her from me and started talking to her like she was an adult. "You need to calm down and deal with this. Crying isn't going to make this any better" after that she started to scream with this guttural sound at the end. Ugh it was killing me. I was on the brink of tears. . .I wanted so bad to make her feel better and her crying was just killing me! I felt so helpless.   I put her in the bassinet still crying and she stopped almost instantly and fell asleep.  I think she just pooped herself out so much from all the tears. We had another episode of that this morning.  I can't wait till DH gets home from work with the Gripe Water.  I could go get some from the shop but 1) that means getting dressed and risking her having a meltdown in the supermarket and 2) I don't know if taking her out to a supermarker is a good idea before she has had her shots. Is it ok? Does that put her at risk? I really have no clue!  
  • Options
    cgg0707cgg0707 member
    cgg0707 said:
    I feel you on mouthy dogs! My golden retriever is MUCH better now at 3 than when he went through this as a pup, but I remember all the training it took to get him there.

We didn't have any kids yet (purposely waited as goldens are notorious to take a few years to start calming down), but it was still a lot of work!

You'll get there. It just takes time and patience. You may also want to offer an alternative, like we encourage a lick on the hand if our dog is feeling mouthy.
    Thank you! @proudparent2b we started using the command "kisses" so that he licks hand rather than nibble, but is just week one so when he gets excited it all goes out the window!! I already put a gate up where the baby is going to be once she gets here, I want to avoid any potential accidents as he's still young and learning boundaries. I'm glad to hear it will pass as long as we keep at it and as he gets older!
  • Options
    mello13mello13 member
    @Kurrant  I've taken DD to Target twice already. Just keep her in the carseat or a carrier, and don't let people touch her (they think they have rights to other peoples babies! I swear!). She should be fine. 

Also, I had the same issue with DS regarding the screaming and crying. Every single time he tried to poop he screamed like he was being murdered. He had reflux as well, but I think the struggle was that his little system was still trying to figure it all out. Hopefully gripe water or gas drops help your LO.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mello13 said:
    @Kurrant  I've taken DD to Target twice already. Just keep her in the carseat or a carrier, and don't let people touch her (they think they have rights to other peoples babies! I swear!). She should be fine. 

Also, I had the same issue with DS regarding the screaming and crying. Every single time he tried to poop he screamed like he was being murdered. He had reflux as well, but I think the struggle was that his little system was still trying to figure it all out. Hopefully gripe water or gas drops help your LO.
    @Kurrant This, plus big hugs mama!!  Having a fussy, gassy baby is so heartbreaking and stressful. Hang in there, it gets better  :/.
  • Options
    Kurrant said:
    WTF to my sweet little Lucine who *still* has crazy gas.  DH and I didn't sleep more than a couple of hours last night. At one point he took her from me and started talking to her like she was an adult. "You need to calm down and deal with this. Crying isn't going to make this any better" after that she started to scream with this guttural sound at the end. Ugh it was killing me. I was on the brink of tears. . .I wanted so bad to make her feel better and her crying was just killing me! I felt so helpless.   I put her in the bassinet still crying and she stopped almost instantly and fell asleep.  I think she just pooped herself out so much from all the tears. We had another episode of that this morning.  I can't wait till DH gets home from work with the Gripe Water.  I could go get some from the shop but 1) that means getting dressed and risking her having a meltdown in the supermarket and 2) I don't know if taking her out to a supermarker is a good idea before she has had her shots. Is it ok? Does that put her at risk? I really have no clue!  
    Another option is to baby wear (if you have appropriate carrier, wrap, ring sling) so people are less likely to touch baby! Also keeps them cozy and fuss free!