November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• I posted my two cents in the feeding one and then ran for the hills. 
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Roxell said:
    I've been avoiding the Feeding baby thread, so I missed all the drama too.
    Me too but I can only imagine how that escalated! Feeding babies is political as anything it seems these days! Now I have to go read that... I hope little put her in her place so it was worth her getting banned! I better see some F bombs flying!!
  • Loading the player...
  • whaat said:
    aquasocks said:
    HeyBooHey said:
    Something got removed for TOU on the feeding baby thread. 
    Hmmmmm wonder who reported her?? 
    Last thing she said called out everyone's BFF Oakleypoozles so..   :|
    Two can play at this game...
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Well the real dramz started on the abnormal NIPT thread.  I still think that is the comment that is a TOU violation. does anyone remember what Tiny said that was a TOU? They seem arbitrary to me.
  • Well the real dramz started on the abnormal NIPT thread.  I still think that is the comment that is a TOU violation. does anyone remember what Tiny said that was a TOU? They seem arbitrary to me.
    That's the exact comment (that our BFF made) that I just reported!!
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• whaat said:
    BmcD2016 said:
    *side note... I figured it was only a matter of time before the chick was booted. Just my opinion. 
    I don't think L+T was posting things that could (or should) get a person banned, but I definitely think she was faking a lot of things. None of her stories added up and we (pretty much the entire board) would go through cycles of calling her out and then forgetting about it. We may be in the forgetting stage at the moment.
    Agreed, never saw anything worth reporting out of her. But as you say, things weren't adding up at all. 
  • RoxellRoxell member
    BmcD2016 said:
    whaat said:
    BmcD2016 said:
    *side note... I figured it was only a matter of time before the chick was booted. Just my opinion. 
    I don't think L+T was posting things that could (or should) get a person banned, but I definitely think she was faking a lot of things. None of her stories added up and we (pretty much the entire board) would go through cycles of calling her out and then forgetting about it. We may be in the forgetting stage at the moment.
    Agreed, never saw anything worth reporting out of her. But as you say, things weren't adding up at all. 
    I think some of that was due to her age though. I know when I was a teenager I thought I knew everything, but was really just talking out my ass.
  • @Roxell Actually, the feeding thread has been surprisingly tame, and generally very supportive (I started it so I get all the notifications) there have been a few sparks, but even those were relatively mild. 

We we had a similar thread on my last BMB and people went nuts. TB really has changed. Sometimes I kind of miss the way it was. It might have been a little ruthless, but I tend to be in the camp where knowledge is power, so I like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else having issues with the mobile app update? 
  • Ohhh man I just read the Sprinkle thread and it's amazing. I wish the bump gods didn't close it. So much potential.

I don't actually think she's real. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsjlang said:
    Anyone else having issues with the mobile app update? 
    It's a little slow, but no major issues 
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    Wow I missed this whole thing about not having a doctor and not knowing if she needed one. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrsjlang said:
    Anyone else having issues with the mobile app update? 
    It's just super slow to load anything for me. If I can be patient, it does eventually load, though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • whaat said:
    BmcD2016 said:

However, the other one, the judgy, preachy one, needs to be banned. Even when she's not being rude, she's basically shutting down conversations and clogging up the board. I think we all agree here.
    Agreed.  I definitely gave the side eye every time she posted. But I will say, she was pretty entertaining and added some nice, distracting convos to our relatively nondramatic group.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsjlang said:
    She's at it again guys...babies in prison. I can't even. 
    Go post on it. She can't read our posts anyways!
  • @HeyBooHey
    I don't know if I've done anything heinous enough to be blocked or ignored by her yet. 
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat you're adorable. Good Luck! 
  • My OB is running a half hour late and a woman in the waiting room is letting her son watch the most annoying kids show on her phone with the volume up. I mean, I understand the struggle with keeping a toddler content in a waiting room, but either turn the volume down or go sit in the hall. I can't deal with this right now.

In happier news a couple with a brand new little baby just came in (I assume for a postpartum appointment) and I almost squealed out loud. He's so tiny and adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    Ugh. Sorry you're going through this right now @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt. That's sucks. You got any leads on the trigger(s)? I hope you can get him in asap with neurology and psychiatry and get to the heart of it.
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    Big hugs @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt. I'm so sorry he's having a rough time. Could it be anxiety relating to the baby triggering these melt downs? I don't have any experience in your shoes and my DD is much younger, but she's gone back to pee "accidents" (her attention seeking method of choice/her stress response) this week, even though she regularly kisses and hugs my belly and tells me those kisses and hugs are going into my belly for baby.

Either way, I hope you can help him manage his emotions soon and get back to regularly scheduled busy life.
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt I'm sorry. That sounds so stressful and scary. I hope he'll be doing better soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GreenEyedUnicorn was banned.  wtf.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @nauticallife
    What do you mean she got banned?

Also, our keeping track of shut down threads thread got shut down. Oh the irony!
  • Now, I loved @GreenEyedUnicorn , what'd she do? I didn't see anything. 
  • My son is super, super excited about the baby. Talking about the baby has actually been one way to calm him down (he initiates talking about the baby.) It's entirely possible that it's stress relating to that. It's also quite likely to be relating to the fact that he's changing schools next year. He's decided to switch to an English-only school instead of the French Immersion he's currently in (the choice was his; we let him be involved in these decisions since it's his life.) There's obviously stress and anxiety around that, but it would usually take way more than that sort of thing to trigger these sorts of meltdowns. Even the move last summer, away from everything he ever knew, didn't cause this sort of reversion. 

He's normally pretty good at explaining what is bugging him so the fact that he won't talk to us is very frustrating. 

It's making me very nervous because next month, I'm going away for 3 weeks (and I absolutely cannot cancel this) so my husband is going to have to deal with all of this alone and that's just going to be a further disruption. 

K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    Maybe we should keep a list of our shut down people? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Also, @FiancB got booted too.

Looks like @GreenEyedUnicorn was a TOU violation also in the shut down thread list.

I miss them both already. This has got me right up in the feels.
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt hugs, sorry that you guys are going through this. And fx for a good adjustment when you're away.

BabyFruit Ticker