June 2015 Moms
Options

Vomit phobia anyone?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Vomit phobia anyone?

• Options
    I can't tell if this is a joke or you're serious. 

If you're serious, I'd suggest giving the hypnotherapy a try. I'm sorry if this is giving you anxiet and panic attacks, but we're you aware that babies/people get sick and throw up prior to getting pregnant? Has this always been a problem for you?
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a phobia of it but I'm very sensitive to smells & it's very hard for me not to get sick myself when I smell it. I have a phobia over getting sick myself. Like I will get panic attacks when I have the stomach flu. I think some cognitive behavioral therapy could help you. It teaches you how to talk yourself down when you are panicking. It could also help you explore why you panic when it comes to your trigger.  I use self talk a lot but I do have a diagnosed panic disorder & health anxiety. I am nursing too so I don't take my antianxiety meds, when I panic I deep breathe & self talk. I am on an antidepressant that helps with anxiety as well & was approved by my doctors to take while nursing. Sorry you are feeling that way. Panic attacks are the worst, a terrible feeling for sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    klirwin82klirwin82 member
    edited May 2016
    At this point, with this level of anxiety, you might also want to weigh the pros and cons of going back on an anti-anxiety med. If you can't take it while BFing then I'd seriously consider weaning. That's just me, but it seems like this is really interfering with your life, you've made it 10-11 months nursing I'm assuming, might be time to wean, get back on the med and of course the rest of the therapy stuff. Guaranteed your LO is going to puke again, get yourself in the right frame of mind before it happens. 

ETA This is coming from someone who also has had severe anxiety and panic attacks. I absolutely know how that feels, its awful. Hope you can work this through.
  • Options
    Agreed, when my lo had bad reflux and daily projectile vomiting, I did get mild anxiety every time I went to feed her. If this is truly interfering with your ability to care for your lo, please call your doc. I also agree you could look to getting back on your medication soon. Good luck!
  • Options
    btm013btm013 member
    Ugh anxiety is a bitch isn't it?! I was allowed to take Prozac while I breastfed. Only a very little bit gets passed on - I was on 10mg's and it was glorious. Actually, I still take it! Love it haha!