November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• For all you ladies who are dreaming of a fixer-upper, I just want to throw this out there. It is SO MUCH WORK!!!

Totally doable, but don't let the TV shows fool you. It's a lot of fun, and I'm currently in a fixer-upper, plus having a duplex I own fixed up. I've been working on my current house for about 5 years and there is still so much to do before we move out hopefully sometime during this pregnancy. I've already told my husband we can't move into another fixer-upper right now. I just can't commit to taking on that workload with our first baby on the way. If you ladies think you can commit to that, excellent. I just wanted to throw out there that if you haven't done it before to be familiar with the process, it will take way more time and effort that you can possibly imagine. 
  • Ugh. We had a bad moment at the park today. A little girl was constantly blocking the slides and not letting the other kids through. I asked her nicely to go down the slide or move and let another kid go. She yelled in my face. I said well I'm going to get your mom. She still didn't move. My daughter managed to get around her once and then she went back up the steps to try again (Meanwhile I am trying to find out who the mom is. There is a line of 10 kids waiting to use the big slide.) The girl was still blocking it. The little punk  put her hands on my daughter's shoulders and pushed her backwards down the steps. Oh my god I was livid. I finally find her mom and told her what happened. Three other moms said "yeah she was blocking/pushing my kid too." The mom went and physically removed the child from the equipment and walked her to their car. I'm like ok good, I would leave the park too. But then she comes back with her daughter who is now eating a cookie, and goes back to chatting with her friend. I tried to talk to my daughter about the situation and how the other girl was very naughty, and my daughter burst into tears. Uggghhhhhh. People suck. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited May 2016
    @aquasocksUgh. That's the worst. I'm trying to find the clip from Louis CK's stand up special about Jizan the Puss's mom, because it reminds me of that situation. 1 minute. I'll get back to ya.

Eta: I failed. Anyway, it's about a mom who does nothing at all to correct her horrible child's behavior and how if the parents in his kid's class were a platoon in the army she would absolutely wash out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hold the phone, why did Little + Tiny get the ban hammer?! Someone show me the dramz!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hold the phone, why did Little + Tiny get the ban hammer?! Someone show me the dramz!
    For reals? But nothing happened! Did something happen and I missed it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    For reals? But nothing happened! Did something happen and I missed it?
    I'm wondering the same thing! Everything is so quiet today! Where is the drama???
  • Wondering the same thing. Didn't they used to get greyed out when they got banned? Maybe she just changed her photo for....shits and giggles? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    It looks like it was a 3rd ToU Violation. I missed what it was....but I read that thread it occurred on and nothing seemed completely awful.
  • g8rmama_16g8rmama_16 member
    edited May 2016
    Something got removed for TOU on the feeding baby thread. 
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    She's gone?  She was on earlier today.  This makes me very sad, I like her style.  Come back @Little+Tiny
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What?!? Oh FFS, that's ridiculous. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• HeyBooHey said:
    Hmmmmm wonder who reported her?? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • whaatwhaat member
    aquasocks said:
    HeyBooHey said:
    Last thing she said called out everyone's BFF Oakleypoozles so..   :|
  • Do we have mods yet? I don't know how things work in TB land nowadays, are there even mods anymore?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do we have mods yet? I don't know how things work in TB land nowadays, are there even mods anymore?
    I think all the boards are now just patrolled by the bump gods instead.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just want to know what her feed looks like if she's really blocking everyone who doesn't agree with her. Can we take a guess at how many of the daily posters are on that list? Wonder why she does it I mean I just assume it gets kinda boring only seeing posts where everyone has the same opinion. 
  • whaat said:
    aquasocks said:
    HeyBooHey said:
    Exactly what I was getting at... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RoxellRoxell member
    I literally gasped when I saw she was banned. I hope she comes back with a new user name. I liked her and her fried chicken ways :disappointed: 
  • She was different, but she had spunk! 
  • whaatwhaat member
    aquasocks said:
    whaat said:
    aquasocks said:
    HeyBooHey said:
    Lol I'm a little slow today.
  • I'm starting to wonder if oakleypoopoo is a troll...
    I've been wondering the same...

Kid #1: Two years old
    Kid #2: Due Date 11/16/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woah I didn't even see what she said...no clue how the ban hammer got @Little+Tiny...I feel like certain someone's are a little drunk with power lately (there was a lot of axing going on in J16 not too long ago too).

(cue a warning in 3...2...1)

on another note: @HomeyDontPlayThat that trailer makes me super excited...can't wait for the next season!! If you're looking for something to fill the gap while you wait, I recommend Wentworth...it's like a grittier Aussie version of OITNB. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • whaat said:
    aquasocks said:
    whaat said:
    aquasocks said:
    HeyBooHey said:
    Lol I'm a little slow today.
    Haha no you aren't the slow one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wondering the same thing. Didn't they used to get greyed out when they got banned? Maybe she just changed her photo for....shits and giggles? 

I'm stuck in the box... 
    I noticed today her thing said banned and if you go to her profile it also says she's been banned. Idk what happened? 
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Just saw Taylor Swift on extra. WTF? She looks gross now. Remember how cute she used to be when she first came out? 

*side note... I figured it was only a matter of time before the chick was booted. Just my opinion. 
  • I know I'm not super active, but idk if I can handle the new TOU and bannings. Insane. I'm sad tiny got the hammer :(
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• I know I'm not super active, but idk if I can handle the new TOU and bannings. Insane. I'm sad tiny got the hammer :(
    I wonder what their reasoning is or if it's just a power trip of being Big Brother. I wonder if other communities are like this as well? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

I wonder what their reasoning is or if it's just a power trip of being Big Brother. I wonder if other communities are like this as well? 
    Tb used to be much different. You had to do a lot to get banned. Things changed and there was an exodus. I didn't realize it had changed this much.
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• AlexLindzzAlexLindzz member
    edited May 2016
    I know I'm not super active, but idk if I can handle the new TOU and bannings. Insane. I'm sad tiny got the hammer :(
    Tb used to be much different. You had to do a lot to get banned. Things changed and there was an exodus. I didn't realize it had changed this much.
    Yeah, I was around for April 14 (different username) and remember them removing mods/banning users from the parenting board or anyone who was too opinionated for their liking. I just figured it would have lightened up by now...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Apparently today was a busy day for the group? I woke up to hear about all the chaos that ensued. Also, super sad Tiny got blocked, I was enjoying the colorful commentary. And caught up on that sprinkle post...my head hurts.

On a serious note, why can't we all just get along? We're all grown adults here, seriously.

Sorry, the drama today got me right up in the feels.
  • Ugh can't we like petition to get little+ back and get rid of the other one! It's pointless for her to be here if she has blocked everyone! 

Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• How did I miss the sprinkle drama?! I have be pretty much avoiding any thread started by her, so I just ignored it. Man. 
  • HeyBooHey said:
    How did I miss the sprinkle drama?! I have be pretty much avoiding any thread started by her, so I just ignored it. Man. 
    ^^This exactly
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RoxellRoxell member
    I've been avoiding the Feeding baby thread, so I missed all the drama too.