May 2016 Moms

**The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

• MercielMerciel member
    It's a lovely sunny afternoon and I'm in the office trying to get this brief finished.

I guess I should be grateful I made it long enough to get this thing (basically) done, but I am so ready to be done with this. ALL OF IT.
  • Any recommendations for super comfortable but still super cute high waisted jeans/shorts and such? Thinking post baby and chasing a toddler, prevent exposing myself as much as possible!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • So I was really looking forward to going home on Mother's Day today with LO but I had other plans apparently. My BP's aren't really going down so they had to start me on some medicine and when they do that they monitor for a day to make sure it doesn't drop your BP too low. Sooo, here till tomorrow morning barring nothing else. Kinda bummed but I'll just be even more excited when I can leave.

Also have a friend from work dropping by in a bit and finally got to shower so that's kinda nice. Bringing a little bit of normalcy back.
  • yogahh said:
    Youtubing acupressure points for inducing labor. While on the ball. Yup, I am that girl now.
    The few days before I went into labor I took a long walk (like very exhausting!), ate a pineapple, and bounced on my labor ball for about 45 minutes. 
  • yogahhyogahh member
    JoMunson said:
    yogahh said:
    Youtubing acupressure points for inducing labor. While on the ball. Yup, I am that girl now.
    The few days before I went into labor I took a long walk (like very exhausting!), ate a pineapple, and bounced on my labor ball for about 45 minutes. 
    That's all I've been doing. Somethings gotta work right?!

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahh said:
    JoMunson said:
    yogahh said:
    That's all I've been doing. Somethings gotta work right?!
    Eventually ;)
  • Not sure if anyone already posted, but the shutterfly app has free unlimited prints.... Just pay shipping. Easy way to get baby bump or brand new baby pics! 
  • AliciaD39 said:
    Not sure if anyone already posted, but the shutterfly app has free unlimited prints.... Just pay shipping. Easy way to get baby bump or brand new baby pics! 
    And 2 free 8 x 10's !
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • I know this is crazy (obnoxious, annoying, whatever) and no one wants to hear it but I'm saying it anyway. A week or so ago I just told myself that I was not going to get all worked up about every single symptom and worry about dilation and so on. Pregnancy is the perfect lesson on patience and proving that we are not in control right now. I've honestly felt so much better. I know it is a time of incredible anticipation and we are uncomfortable and all the rest but I have felt so much more at ease since I made that decision.

I realized that all my worrying and wondering was taking focus away from my family and other things that I can be enjoying right NOW. All the symptom spotting and tireless attempts to induce labor will just make you crazy. I'll admit it's different for me because I already have a child but I won't get these days back where it's just her and I. It was time for me to refocus on her and my husband for a while before things change for us as a family. Just offering an alternative idea on how to spend these last few days/weeks. I feel more prepared and more relaxed and I think that will be beneficial when the time does come. 
    Preach!! 
  • VS2016 said:
    I just reread our entire birth announcement thread and I have decided we have some pretty amazing mommies on here  :)
    This made me laugh so hard! Thank you!!!
  • @lionstigersbears I have a pair of high waisted skinny jeans from American Eagle I intend to bust out pretty soon. I intentionally bought them a size too big at the time because I didn't want them skin tight. They should fit me just fine now.

That said, the difference in my stomach in just a week postpartum is really incredible. That uterus is contracting back just fine, apparently. It's nice to see as it was hard to imagine life after that bump!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• yogahhyogahh member
    I know this is crazy (obnoxious, annoying, whatever) and no one wants to hear it but I'm saying it anyway. A week or so ago I just told myself that I was not going to get all worked up about every single symptom and worry about dilation and so on. Pregnancy is the perfect lesson on patience and proving that we are not in control right now. I've honestly felt so much better. I know it is a time of incredible anticipation and we are uncomfortable and all the rest but I have felt so much more at ease since I made that decision.

I realized that all my worrying and wondering was taking focus away from my family and other things that I can be enjoying right NOW. All the symptom spotting and tireless attempts to induce labor will just make you crazy. I'll admit it's different for me because I already have a child but I won't get these days back where it's just her and I. It was time for me to refocus on her and my husband for a while before things change for us as a family. Just offering an alternative idea on how to spend these last few days/weeks. I feel more prepared and more relaxed and I think that will be beneficial when the time does come

I know this is crazy (obnoxious, annoying, whatever) and no one wants to hear it but I'm saying it anyway. A week or so ago I just told myself that I was not going to get all worked up about every single symptom and worry about dilation and so on. Pregnancy is the perfect lesson on patience and proving that we are not in control right now. I've honestly felt so much better. I know it is a time of incredible anticipation and we are uncomfortable and all the rest but I have felt so much more at ease since I made that decision.

That's fine and dandy for a stm to say.. You've been there. You have an idea of what to expect. But for myself as a ftm, and someone that is praying to avoid induction this week, I'll continue eating my pineapple and ball bouncing. It's not talking away from all the tv watching dh and I did all weekend. 

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahhyogahh member
    Today is my first real day of ML and it's taking all of my strength NOT to check work emails. I have a hard time letting go and delegating so this should be interesting. At least once baby is here I'll have a distraction. But right now, my normal routine is news, coffee, check emails. I got the news on and coffee is being had so I feel like I'm missing something. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Maybe we should start a thread on "ways to pass the time" before LO gets here. I know a lot of you are already on maternity leave, have your nursery ready, due at the end of the month, overdue, or here's a big one: you're a FTM. Some ladies are getting pretty antsy so instead of coaxing your body into labor, perhaps you can read a book, go out with your friends, go to the theaters, (if you're a STM+) doing something fun with your other children, binge watch netflix, or maybe you're like me and the nursery is NOT ready... whatever works for you. That way people can share what they are doing other than eating endless amounts of pineapple, which is something I'm about to do only because I LOVE pineapple. Seeing all of you post about your pineapple endeavors is making me really crave it.

Edit: Words

All good suggestions. I need to work on reading my breastfeeding book as I've only read one chapter so far. oops. I'm like you and our nursery isn't quite done yet so we worked on that a bit Friday night and once DH finishes the bookshelf and our changing table comes in, I'll have more to do in there. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • yogahh said:

I realized that all my worrying and wondering was taking focus away from my family and other things that I can be enjoying right NOW. All the symptom spotting and tireless attempts to induce labor will just make you crazy. I'll admit it's different for me because I already have a child but I won't get these days back where it's just her and I. It was time for me to refocus on her and my husband for a while before things change for us as a family. Just offering an alternative idea on how to spend these last few days/weeks. I feel more prepared and more relaxed and I think that will be beneficial when the time does come

That's fine and dandy for a stm to say.. You've been there. You have an idea of what to expect. But for myself as a ftm, and someone that is praying to avoid induction this week, I'll continue eating my pineapple and ball bouncing. It's not talking away from all the tv watching dh and I did all weekend. 
    So glad you said this. 
    As a FTM everything has been building up to this point. Hell yes I'm eager! Including TTC DH and I have been dreaming of this time for over a year. The pineapple, ball bouncing, long walks, all of it is part of our experience of becoming mom and dad for the first time. I don't want to calm down. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • yogahh said:

So glad you said this. 
    As a FTM everything has been building up to this point. Hell yes I'm eager! Including TTC DH and I have been dreaming of this time for over a year. The pineapple, ball bouncing, long walks, all of it is part of our experience of becoming mom and dad for the first time. I don't want to calm down. 
    It's so interesting hearing the perspectives. When I was a FTM it felt like an interminable wait for baby to arrive. The second time my pregnancy went so fast from the very beginning I always felt like I was behind. It's the anticipation of the unknown I think that makes the waiting so much more difficult. Keep on bouncing if that helps you stay sane while you wait!
  • yogahh said:
    @lionstigersbears, so you are saying I CANT sneeze the baby out?! ;)

HA! Well, I've seen it in movies....
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • mrstmoose said:
    I feel like since we are back to symptom spotting, which is worse...symptom spotting while TTC or symptom spotting while waiting for labor to start?! Neither is fun, IMO.

One of my best friends is TTC symptom spotting and I'm WFL (waiting for labor) symptom spotting... between the two of us it's a whole lot of crazy! At least I have someone IRL to understand my insanity.
  • MercielMerciel member
    I'm gonna go with "waiting for labor" symptom spotting being crazier. TTC symptom spotting, at least you get an answer one way or the other within about a week. You can only drive yourself batty for so long.

Labor symptom spotting, on the other hand, can easily go on for over a MONTH, and also you have so many friends and relatives wanting updates all the time constantly. Also the symptoms suck way worse (hello wraparound contractions, I hate you and you are bad).

I got a good laugh out of thinking about it though, so thank you for making the comparison. It's true, this whole experience does seem designed to make us go crazy at both ends.
  • So the women in my family have always had bigger babies and I received very few newborn outfits mainly 0-3 months and bigger. Well LO was three weeks early so we went and bought a couple newborns sleepers and two or three premies to be safe. The newborns swallow her and the premies kind of fit but they are a little short. It's pretty annoying... I know in a week or two the newborns will fit her properly but I wish the sizes were more accurate. 
  • I was kept again today to monitor BP and the doctor this morning said there was a good chance I was going home today. Now that the monitoring is done they're 'on the fence'. I'm so over it and it's completely devastating to me day after day being told I can't go home with my baby. I'm waiting in the room right now with DH and the baby keeping my fingers crossed. Honestly sitting in the hospital for a week is not helping me at all. I haven't been outside since I got here and I can't bc of my BP so pretty much all I can do is stare out the window with my baby and walk the halls over and over.
  • dsmith211 said:
    I was kept again today to monitor BP and the doctor this morning said there was a good chance I was going home today. Now that the monitoring is done they're 'on the fence'. I'm so over it and it's completely devastating to me day after day being told I can't go home with my baby. I'm waiting in the room right now with DH and the baby keeping my fingers crossed. Honestly sitting in the hospital for a week is not helping me at all. I haven't been outside since I got here and I can't bc of my BP so pretty much all I can do is stare out the window with my baby and walk the halls over and over.
    I am so so sorry you are going through that- I was so frustrated when they did that to me. I basically told them that if all they were going to do was monitor me, let me go home because being at the hospital was stressing me out. I ended up being dicharged and readmitted the next day, but then they actually DID something. They put me on procardia and it helped so much- what are you taking right now?

not that it helps now, but when you are in the car on the  way home, roll down the windows. Sit outside for a few minutes with your baby when you get home. Every time I get out of the hospital, I always forget how much those simple moments mean to me after being in hospital. 
  • @dsmith211 this really has been one long rollercoaster for you.  I'm so sorry you're still in the hospital.  You're going to be one strong mama at the end of this.  I hope you get discharged soon.
  • @dsmith211 this really has been one long rollercoaster for you.  I'm so sorry you're still in the hospital.  You're going to be one strong mama at the end of this.  I hope you get discharged soon.
    This. @dsmith211 I hope you're discharged sooner than later! I would try to give you advice but I got nothing, just know I'm sending positive vibes. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • @dsmith211 I hope they release you so you and your little man can get home and have some normalcy and get some rest! I'm sure being in the hospital is more stressful. Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!
  • clbnessclbness member
    Have a wonderful recovery AT HOME @dsmith211!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• That's great news @dsmith211! Enjoy being home!! 
  • @dsmith211 so happy you are going home!! I am currently on labatelol as well- 400 mg 2x a day but birth made BP go crazy so they added procardia for a short term solution and it really helps but doesn't affect breast feeding or anything.

hoping you get it under control- I know being at home with your LO will definitely make you feel better!!