Babies on the Brain
Options

Do you guys have "family" cars yet??

So I drive a little 2-seater sports car that I bought myself after college but with TTC on the close horizon, I think I found a buyer for my car, well he found us, and so we are now looking at upgrading to an SUV, in other words, a "mom" car. 

What do you ladies drive or are interested in getting for the future family?

Re: Do you guys have "family" cars yet??

• Options
    I drive a Chylser Town and Country mini van.  I love it and all of the awesome features.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    I drive a Mazda CX5, which I bought after my Dodge Neon was totaled. It would be fine with a child. DH drives a Mazda 3 that is 4dr, but he wants to get more of a crossover before we TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drive a four-door car that will fit at least two car seats. Our truck also would fit at least two, possibly three, in the back seat. Probably, we'll try to sell my car and get something new before we outgrow it. I'd like a large four-wheel drive SUV like a Dodge Durango in the future. We live in Alaska, so although I've driven a two-wheel drive car since I was 16, a four-wheel drive is really nice and preferable in the winter time and for some of the adventuresome things we do. 
  • Options
    While we don't get snow here, gas is expensive and the roads are rough so a smaller engine SUV with ground clearance might be good. I'm usually a Nissan girl but I like the idea of an optional 3rd row.
  • Options
    MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited May 2016
    I've had an SUV (which I've never considered to be a mom car) for the past 8 years and have no plans to change.   I do plan to get a new SUV soon because my current one is older and doesn't run too well anymore. 
  • Options
    I have a Nissan Armada and I LOVE it

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
     AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have a new Chevy Equinox and absolutely LOVE it!! 
  • Options
    by mom car meaning you can fit car seats in it! :smiley:   
    which is how I'm viewing all cars now: Not too low so I'm not bending down to buckle it in or lift the kid up, and not too tall so I'm not struggling to get the kid out of his seat. 
  • Options
    I had a little Miata that I loved! It was totaled years ago and so I bought a Mazda 3. I had that car until my son was about 6 months old. The car seat fit just fine. I'm just the kind of person who likes to keep the stroller in the car. This worked most of the time but not for Costco trips. Not enough room in the trunk for both for us. So we traded it in for a Mazda CX-5. I miss my Mazda 3 since it was a stick shift but the cx-5 drives pretty nicely considering it's a cross over. Drives much better than my sister's Honda CRV.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    borgie05 said:
    I had a little Miata that I loved! It was totaled years ago and so I bought a Mazda 3. I had that car until my son was about 6 months old. The car seat fit just fine. I'm just the kind of person who likes to keep the stroller in the car. This worked most of the time but not for Costco trips. Not enough room in the trunk for both for us. So we traded it in for a Mazda CX-5. I miss my Mazda 3 since it was a stick shift but the cx-5 drives pretty nicely considering it's a cross over. Drives much better than my sister's Honda CRV.
    Funny we drive the exact same cars (see my post above)! We love mazdas!
  • Options
    We just got a (used) Audi Q7. DH drives a lot more than I do for work (he has projects all over the state), so it didn't make sense for him to take on a big "gas guzzling" SUV, although he wanted something with towing capacity for his boat- which is the main reason we opted for this car over a smaller SUV. I have to admit it's a little weird to be childless and driving a car with a third row. We've gotten a few "how many kids do you plan to have?!" type comments lol (and we really only want 2, so 3rd row not quite necessary). Nevertheless, I love the thing, and it's my first time having leather seats- which I wanted for the ease-of-cleanup factor :) 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    Oh the Mazda cx-5s are SO cute!! A gf of mine has a cx-7 with 2 kids but wished she had the 9 for the third row. (I may have that backwards) but you get my point. Which is our current debate whether to opt for a 3rd row SUV or stick to a simple 2-row.
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
    My bf & I had our daughter on Christmas Eve last year. My car recently just went out so we got a mini van. I defenitely appreciate the extra space but I never thought I would be driving a mom van. Lol
  • Options
    bmo88 said:
    borgie05 said:
    Funny we drive the exact same cars (see my post above)! We love mazdas!
    Us too! You know that Mazda commercial where he starts with a Miata, then goes through the whole life cycle? I feel like that's me. Someday I'll get a little Miata again I'm sure. When I have no need for a back seat. Mazdas are totally awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bmw x5, that thing is so roomy! Great for carseats and pram and dog!
  • Options
    In 2013 we traded my 2 door, 2 seater Ranger in for an Escape. I love it! Now DH is looking into trading his Camry for a Ford Raptor when the new ones come out. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Options
    Oh I would die for a Raptor but we live in such a rainy area I need a covered back area for groceries :(