November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• I got another nose bleed last night. And I keep waking up with a stiff neck. Wtf? :(
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @elsie2014 I believe end of next month. June 17th at 12:01am.

BINGE WATCH!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My pants are officially unbuttoned at work. I need to dig out my maternity pants soon.

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• @elsie2014 I believe end of next month. June 17th at 12:01am.

BINGE WATCH!!!
    Hadn't seen this yet - can't wait!

Kid #1: Two years old
    Kid #2: Due Date 11/16/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aquasocksaquasocks member
    edited May 2016
    Ermahgerd, the new Orange is the New Black trailer is freaking me out. I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6O9rfoz0f8

Any other fans out there?
    I don't watch OITNB but I will park my pregnant ass in front of Netflix with a bag of kettle corn and ignore my family for as long as necessary when Gilmore Girls comes back. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This just popped up on my Pinterest feed:
    How to Teach Your Baby to Swim
    First thought: Are you insane?
    Second though: Maybe this is a behind-the-scenes photo from Nirvana's "Nevermind" album cover... That would be kinda cool!
    Third though: But seriously, are you insane??
  • I have the same horseshoe style pillow as @HomeyDontPlayThat. I second it's excellency. @grannysmith912 love the sentiment. Spontaneous gratitude is the best feeling! 
  • So, BIL took some photos for our pregnancy announcement but... I didn't like what I've previewed so far and I assume I will hate them once he touches up and sends to us. I want to go with a professional photographer but don't want to hurt his feelings by not going with his photos. What to do?!

Second though: Maybe this is a behind-the-scenes photo from Nirvana's "Nevermind" album cover... That would be kinda cool!
    We signed DD up for swimming lessons when she was 9 months and I was thinking it would be more of a splashing/singing/water fun. They were very serious about dunking/teaching them to float. I get the importance of it with drown concerns but it scared the shit out of me and DD hated it. Some people swear by it and think it's NBD, but it was definitely not for us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    We signed DD up for swimming lessons when she was 9 months and I was thinking it would be more of a splashing/singing/water fun. They were very serious about dunking/teaching them to float. I get the importance of it with drown concerns but it scared the shit out of me and DD hated it. Some people swear by it and think it's NBD, but it was definitely not for us. 
    I've looked into infant swimming classes because babies really can swim. It's a natural instinct after being in water for their development I guess. I hate water though and H won't be around for it so we are not doing it. 
  • TucknBoom said:
    This just popped up on my Pinterest feed:
    I've looked into infant swimming classes because babies really can swim. It's a natural instinct after being in water for their development I guess. I hate water though and H won't be around for it so we are not doing it. 
    I plan on doing swimming lessons as soon as we possibly can because at a very young age it's very natural to babies. I'm hoping to be in a class by 3 months if I can find one. These types of classes teach the baby to turn over so they are floating on their backs for a few minutes until help gets there. Plus if I recall correctly they actually know how to hold their breath under water for the first few months before forgetting it. 
  • @grannysmith912  My mom put me in mommy and me swim lessons as soon as possible.  I could swim before I could walk.  Same with my younger brother.  so yes, it takes a leap of faith and looks scary, but baby swimming is totally doable. Both my bro and I supposedly immediately loved the water and as @AlexLindzzmentioned, her DD didn't, so of course there's the baby's preference to consider... 
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• @TucknBoom @PurpleBrunette @sunbeam1 Wow! Learn something new every day.  :)
  • RoxellRoxell member
    This just popped up on my Pinterest feed:
    Love the Nevermind reference!

And just for the record, my 10 yo has never had a swimming lesson and swims just fine.
  • msu_galmsu_gal member
    I love watching the little peanuts at my gym learn to swim while I'm working out.  Can't wait to have my own LO down there!  I'm thinking closer to 2ish is a better age.  Before that, my pool will have a momma bear psycho alarm system on it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Elev429Elev429 member
    So the past two nights I have been up puking for a few hours.  Can't figure out if its a bug or really late "evening sickness."  Has anyone experienced this after 12 weeks?
    Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • HeyBooHey said:
    Ah!!! I missed my call from my doc with my genetic screening results while I was taking a nap and now I had to call for a phone consult and I have to wait for her to call me back! This is the worst!!!!! 
    The nap was amazing though. I slept like a rock for three hours!

ETA She called me back and the screening was all good and IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Congratulations on a healthy girl!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @HeyBooHey eeeeeee! Congratulations!!! 

Buy all the things!
  • I'm hungry and want a snack but DH is away and I know if I get out of bed my dog will spread over to my side of the bed. She's dead weight when she doesn't want to move. STRUGGLE
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Ash9614Ash9614 member
    I can't say enough good things about this one. It's like sleeping in a soft nest and you get back and belly support.

I live for this thing, I can't wait to get into bed with it. I catch my husband snuggling into it, my cat sleeps in it and my son wants to only nap in it. You can position it a bunch of ways and it also works later for nursing, if you choose.

https://amzn.com/B018TU324I
    I think you posted this a while back and I lost the link. Just ordered it - thanks for reposting!!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Facebook is evil, and started showing me ALL the baking posts since they know I have decreased will-power (like this for example). I want to make/bake every sweet I come across...but so far have resisted, barely.

• Here's some random positive pregnancy affirmations. :) 
    * You cannot steal tomorrow’s sorrow if something bad happens, you’re only stealing today’s joy by worrying.

* There’s no reason why I can’t have a healthy baby like so many women do every year.

* Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.

* I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise.

* My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c.

* Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you. We all know m/c and complications are not contagious!

* Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot jinx your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!

* There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn’t prevent a m/c. And if (God forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive.
    @NavyBride93 this made my eyes sting a little.  
    Crazy story.  When I was barely pregnant a FB friend (DS's preschool teacher from 3 years ago) messaged me and asked if I was pregnant.  I was stunned since I had literally just told dh that evening.   I told her I was but I was cautiously optomistic due to my history. She was aware of some of it.  She told me to celebrate being pregnant right now.  Basically all the things your affirmations say.  It's made a world of difference.  I'm still nervous and every little twinge is alarming BUT I'm more hopeful and finding more joy in the moment.  She's also pretty certain it's a girl. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• TMI:
    I am currently on an airplane and the guy next to me is sniff/snorting/gargling his snot every 30seconds. I don't even understand how he's doing it but I can't stop gagging. He's going to regret being so gross when I puke all over his nice suit... 

This is my biggest pet peeve! I get so disgusted when people make nasty nose noises! That Gif is exactly how I feel if I am near a snorter.
  • @MandersX jealous!! @grannysmith912 so we actually did this....don't judge me! My son seemed totally indifferent to the underwater parts (they are very, very brief) but I think it had a long term impact because the kid loves the water and is not afraid at all. He's constantly trying to "bwo babbas" which to him means sticking his whole face in the water and coming up squealing with delight!
  • @DunkinDecaf the struggle is so so real. 
  • @MandersX jealous!! @grannysmith912 so we actually did this....don't judge me! My son seemed totally indifferent to the underwater parts (they are very, very brief) but I think it had a long term impact because the kid loves the water and is not afraid at all. He's constantly trying to "bwo babbas" which to him means sticking his whole face in the water and coming up squealing with delight!
    I just said that out loud and had a complete squeefit over the cuteness. I love toddler speak as this age. 
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat gahh me toooo. It's the best. Almost cuter though is my 6'1, 250lb husbands complete and utter puddle melt over it too. Almost. 
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    I love my boys' preschool teacher (they have the same teacher, just one in the morning and the other in the afternoon). She's so freaking awesome!
  • AmandaR417AmandaR417 member
    edited May 2016
    I mentioned to DH last night that my stomach was upset (if I let myself get too hungry,  then the first food I eat never seems to settle right). Anyways,  this conversation happened:
    DH: "is it the baby??"
    Me: "no,  I just need to eat more often throughout the day"  
    DH "so you can actually tell the difference between your stomach and the baby? Like they're totally separate sensations?"
    Me:" well I can't actually feel the baby yet,  but I know it's just my stomach"
    DH: "well,  it could be the baby and you just don't know it yet. I bet they feel similar" 

Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• msu_galmsu_gal member
    I do the same thing every afternoon with my chocolate covered almonds.  I want sweet but baby needs protein= perfect.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers