Pregnant after a Loss
Options

New and nervous

Hi everyone. I got my BFP a week ago today. I'm about 5ish weeks along so still super early. Since the day I  tested and a few days before, I've been cramping on and off pretty much all day. I hesitated to even buy a test because I was certain AF was going to come but she never did. The cramps are not as painful as period cramps, but It's scary! I keep running to the bathroom to make sure there is no bleeding. I had a mc in 2013 so of course that's constantly in the back of my mind. I'm trying to remain positive but I don't go to the doctor until the 16th so I'm sure I'll be a big worry wart until then. Did anyone else experience cramping in early pregnancy? I'm so glad I  found this board and hope to be here for a while. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: New and nervous

• Options
    Hi mspink702, 

There are a few others besides myself who just got our BFPs in the last week or so, so you are in good company. I got mine a week ago on Tuesday. I had a little bit of cramping yesterday with a tiny bit of brown spotting. I was able to be calm about it because I had my progesterone level checked after my BFP and it was fine. Cramping can be very scary - especially since you have already had a miscarriage but it can also be totally normal. If you are very worried about it you could call your providers office and ask them to check your progesterone levels. 

FX for a sticky bean and a H&H 9 months. 

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Thank you. The cramping has stopped for now. I am just so anxious/excited/nervous. My appt. isn't until the 16th and I am trying to be positive, but my thoughts are consuming me. I am glad to have you and others around to talk to during this time! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and I've had cramping until about 8 weeks with all of them. It can be totally normal, just your uterus stretching.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    j32444j32444 member
    Welcome.  I am in the same boat. Wishing you a h&h 9months!
  • Options
    Thank you, and you as well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mspink702Mspink702 member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you for the reassurance waterfall213. My friend who was just recently pregnant said she didn't have any cramping so that worried me. I know that every pregnancy is different though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Check this out. Maybe it's just our uterus growing!
    From The Bump: "Round Ligament Pain" https://www.thebump.com/a/round-ligament-pain Get the free Bump App: https://bit.ly/1UEYuli

Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome, @Mspink702! I got my BFP on April 29th (then again on May 1st). FX that we all have happy, sticky babies! 
    BabyFetus Ticker