Trouble TTC
Options

Mothers Day Venting

Hi ladies, just trying to process that 2 people (a client and a colleague) wished me a Happy M Day at seperate times today when I was ending the call. It was like a punch to the gut but of course I said thank you and ended the call.  If nothing else this journey has made me ultra sensitive to what I say and don't say to other people. Thanks for listening, I didn't want to complain to my DH since it's so trivial but felt like I needed to vent. Hope you ladies have something nice planned for the weekend :)
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: Mothers Day Venting

• Options
    So sorry that happened...super frustrating! 
    I plan on avoiding Facebook altogether and I'm taking a cooking class with a single friend - seems like a great distraction! 
    Hope you have something fun planned, too :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummmm, yeah you don't just wish people "happy mother's day" like it's new year's eve or some other wide spread holiday.  I would be upset too!  Sorry that happened to you and I hope you have something fun planned this weekend to take your mind off mother's day!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I'm doing the same as @ReesaAnne16 and focusing on my own mom. She was sweet and suggested we hang out tomorrow to take my mind off things since she knows it's a difficult day. We're having brunch and then seeing a movie :) I hope you have something nice planned to take your mind off things tomorrow too!
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married June 2012
    TTC #1 since Oct 2014
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    March 2016: IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    April-May 2016: treatment on hold due to bad thyroid levels, adjusted meds
    June 2016: IUI#2 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    July 2016: on hold again due to thyroid
    July 13th: IVF consult
    August 2016: IUI#3 w/ Femara, Ovidrel, Progresterone - BFN
    Sept/Oct 2016: IVF + ICSI

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I made brunch for my mom & her BF. It was a great day!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    @lablover78 - I am so sorry to hear that! It was very difficult for me as well, we celebrated with DH's family and we are literally the only childless couple, which is not easy. I also had a waitress wish me a Happy Mother's Day and it was hurtful.....along with the millions of FB posts from other mothers about their own children....I completely get it....it feels trivial, but it stings! I think everyone here will agree that no matter how trivial it feels like it might be, it's difficult when you are going through such a struggle. Thank goodness we have this community and each other <3
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I totally agree, my client wished me a happy mother's day twice today. She's a delightful woman, but I couldn't help wanting to hang up on her. I'm with @wifeinraleigh28 , if you don't know that someone is a Mom, don't wish them a happy mother's day! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry it was a terrible day for you. I had quite the day myself. Ended up working 12 hours and had a coworker wish me a Happy Mothers Day then say "oh wait, you're not a mom" I could have lost it right then and there. Finally came home and broke down in DH's arms. Hope next Mother's Day we can all be moms. :) 
  • Options
    @Toby102008  oh my... that is so insensitive... it really amazes me how oblivious some people are to the things they say...... crossing my fingers that next mother's day will be a celebration :) 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02