November 2015 Moms

Teething tips

a few days shy of 6 months and we see signs of a bottom tooth! Yeah!!! Tips for a teething baby who is cranky and waking up more frequent than normal. 

Re: Teething tips

• It won't help with the nighttime waking, but we've been dealing with the first stages of teething for a little bit now and the best thing we've found to offer Isabel some comfort is frozen apple chunks in a mesh feeder. The cold seems to feel good and getting the apple juice when they start to melt keeps her interest for awhile. 
  • - watermelon and cucumbers in the mesh feeder.  They're both cool and soothing.

- get those soft baby spoons, stash them in the fridge and let LO gnaw on it.  You can lightly dip it into some flavored yogurt to get them interested.

- frozen mini bagels.  Though I'm having a hell of a time finding some.

- I found that the gel teething toys stay cold for about 10-15 minutes.  I have 4, so when one warms up I can swap it for a fresh one, rinse and toss back in to cool again.

- silicone teething necklaces.  I can tell when Addy is in the throws of a teething episode bc she zeros in on it as soon as I pick her up and the darn thing never leaves her mouth!  She's actually yanked them off me during diaper changes.
  • Loading the player...
  • rachswirachswi member
    I finally got my little guy to stop complaining and smile by taking some of the homemade puree I'd frozen and sticking it (still frozen) into a mesh feeder and letting him gnaw on frozen carrots and green beans. Food and numb gums - win win!