TTC After a Loss

**TTCAL CHECK-IN WEEK OF MAY 9**

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)

3. Rants/raves:

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: **TTCAL CHECK-IN WEEK OF MAY 9**

• edited May 2016
    2. WTO? CD 11. Should be today or tomorrow or possibly was last night, given all the signs. We'll see what the OPK reveals this afternoon. HIO ED until we're reasonably sure I have ovulated; I really wanted to hit the day before this cycle because we've missed it the previous two.

3. Ehh, Mother's Day wasn't great. We'd planned to keep it just the two of us safe from the world, but I totally forgot we'd made plans to see a friend's new boyfriend in his acapella group perform. We'd already been out to a birthday party the previous night - to the amazement of all of our friends because we only really socialize on our home turf, so we were pooped as it was. I didn't expect there to be so many babies and kids there, so that was rough, but then my friend casually mentioned her sister is expecting number three (none with any problems, I might add) and I started sobbing, so we promptly went home. On the streetcar getting there, I started thinking about all of you amazing ladies and all the other incredible loss mothers I know and I got even more emotional about this community of people that I've found through the horror of pregnancy loss and how I feel about the strength of the female bond in this world and blah blah blah

Also raccoons won't stop digging in my soil. On Saturday morning, DH found a teenage raccoon just sitting on our deck, chilling and peering into our window. This is a half-hearted rant - because I do love seeing them, but it's obviously also a big problem I do understand. I'm making homemade pepper spray today to see if they'll stay out tomorrow. I already tried prickly eggshells in my greens container and that was not a success.

As for a rave, we got a tonne done this weekend in between whining about not wanting to do anything. Garden is fairly well set up. They should be sending my friend home from the hospital this week, but she doesn't seem too thrilled about that, but it must mean she's stabilized. My allergies seem to have calmed down. I feel clearheaded today and ready to take on this week! I'm having a birthday party on Saturday, but it's mostly just an excuse to make a bunch of tacos. I have complicated emotions surrounding my birthday, but I am looking forward to making tacos in excess. Y'all are invited to the 6ix for tacos and mocktails, of course.

4. I like the humble Russet the best. There is a no way I don't like a potato, but I love them chopped, boiled skin-on and mixed with butter and fresh dill if it's summertime. The Russet will half mash itself when stirring in the butter and herb if you do it like that. In the winter: Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, boiled with garlic and mashed through a potato ricer. Also baby new potatoes in a similar way to Russets! And fondant potatoes! 

Edit: missing a word
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW, 9 DPO. I have my beta on Saturday and I am deciding what to do about testing before that. 

3. Rants/raves: Doing mostly good here. I alternate between feeling hopeful and dejected/fearing failure, which is my normal TWW style. I start out somewhat hopeful, but try and keep myself tempered, which eventually turns into being positive that the cycle failed. Such a mind-eff.

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes?
    I do love me a potato! I eat lots of sweet potatoes, I just bake them and they are a favorite of mine. I am also partial to the french fry and breakfast potatoes that are slightly burnt and cooked with onions. 

@reneeannemm Sorry this weekend was hard. I too feel a similar kinship to woman since this experience and especially this community since my loss. The strength and suffering that women can endure has never been more evident to me than  during this chapter of life.
  • Loading the player...
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW CD 25, DPO 5 (I think.  I had a HUGE temperature dip 3 DPO and I'm hoping that was just a fluke)

3. Rants/raves: DH and I had a glass of wine while building our puzzle last night, which was super relaxing after a long weekend of doing yardwork and housework.  But our house is finally looking pretty good, since it started to look neglected the first few weeks of having our new puppy! 

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? So last year I grew sweet potatoes for the first time ever, to huge success.  It's been months and I still have sweet potatoes coming out of my ears!  So, at this point, sweet potato casserole has become a huge favorite.  But I love homemade fries as well (which I made often several months ago with Kennebec potatoes I grew).  Really need to get on trying homemade sweet potato fries!

@reneeannemm Hope you're feeling better today!  Ugh... those frustrating raccoons!  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I have an additional rave! Yesterday, a digital friend who I barely know and have basically only exchanged a few emails with about strategies to make veganism more inclusive, sent me a message of support, love and understanding surrounding Mother's Day. It wasn't the first time she'd surprised me, as she also did the same in the midst of our miscarriage. Such luck. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) benched. Dpo7/8 (I disagree with FF) so hopefully only one more week

3. Rants/raves: the never ending pincushion continues. Putting off this week's beta and extra day or two in hopes it will drop more than 1. Then hopefully we can get my panels drawn and back before the end of AF. 

I was in Texas for 46 quick hours this weekend which was exhausting and more difficult than anticipated. My parents were obviously not trying to talk about stuff since the second loss and weren't sure how to address Mother's Day so I am glad I had a very early flight home. I also had to tell my brother who is my best friend that we aren't going to his wedding in the Dominican in July. With Zika we just can't take the risk if I am or the up to 6 month bench after the trip if I'm not. He knows everything and understands but I still feel like a shit person because of it. 

Rave: I got to nap yesterday. TWICE! First nap in probably 3 or more months 

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? I love Yukon gold with butter and garlic and fresh parsley, they are the best to put in stews too. I also love baby reds boiled then smashed down and baked with EVOO, fresh herbs and fresh garlic 
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited May 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO- CD16, per my usual cycle probably wont ovulate until next week but on the safe side will continue our EOD schedule and will start my opks in a couple days if I don't see any temp shift. 

3. Rants/raves: Got through Mothers Day without too many tears- stayed home all day and kept off fb which helped. DH stained our deck and we repainted our backyard fence. Looking forward to starting to plant flowers next week. We did the escape room with friends on Saturday and we escaped so it was a lot of fun, we all really worked well together. Told my friend later that night about my miscarriage because she asked if DH and I were still TTC. I actually was able to talk to her about it without crying and she confided in me about her worries with TTC as she is getting married in August and she will be 35 soon. Felt good to talk about it. 

Going to an endocrinologist on Wednesday about my possible subclinical hypothyroidism and if I need to be on synthroid. 

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? Well I have dutch heritage so we love potatoes...my favorite way to eat them would be either a baked potato with butter and sour cream or cheese and broccoli. Also I like them mashed as well with gravy for Thanksgiving. Roasted potatoes are good....never was really a fan of scalloped, I think that is the only way I don't like them. 

@reneeannemm I hope you have a better day today. I can tell you are just such a kind and thoughtful person...I wish we didn't have to be in this strong group of women but glad we can be there for eachother. 
  • Hope everyone had a good weekend.

2. I am currently 6 or 7 DPO. I feel ok no major signs except I'm very emotional and this morning I'm feeling a bit nauseous. If this cycle doesn't work we are back with my RE resuming IUIs.

3. Speaking of emotional, yesterday was rough for a myriad of reasons. I kept thinking about how far along I would have been and was reflecting on the past several months. It was definitely an emotional pity party. I'm also overwhelmed with work right now, so that's not helping matters at all. I'm just trying hard to take one thing at a time

rave: DH and I are  taking Friday off from work to just relax and chill out. Yay for a short work week. I'm really looking forward to it. 

4. Lately I love Japanese sweet potatoes. I bake them in the oven with a little coconut oil.  I bake a few at the beginning of the week and use them with various meals. I especially like to have  a half of one with an egg in the morning. 

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Cycle 4 TTCAL CD32, waiting for my period. Not pregnant.

3. Rants/raves:

Rant1: Where is my dang period? I just want to cut cycle 4's losses and move forward with cycle 5, but I can't do that if my period doesn't start. Ugh.

Rant2: DH was on my last good nerve yesterday. He spent most of the day running around like a chicken with it's head cut off schlepping together presents for his mom and gramma for MD. Buddy, you knew the day was coming and that really isn't how I wanted to spend it. Whatever.

Rave: DH did get me a thoughtful MD gift- a slate stepping stone for my garden with a yoga pose carved into it. Totally random and unexpected, but I love it. My garden is my happy place and it's a nice addition.

Sweet potatoes for sure. I like the slicked in rounds, roasted with EVOO/garlic/rosemary. Yum. Maybe I will make that as a side dish for dinner tonight.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    edited May 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO- I am on CD17, and I usually O around day 17-19 and today's wondfo had a second line but it was faint, so maybe tomorrow? I am a little crampy so hopefully that means O is imminent. It's my first cycle post- D&E 3/25, so I am not sure what the new normal will be quite yet. 

3. Rants/raves: I am going to  rave today (trying to be a bit more optimistic these days) kudos to West Jet and Canadian North for allowing pet owners fleeing the devastating wildfires in Alberta to bring their pets with them in the passenger cabin. I was reading the story on Huffington Post and tearing up quite a bit.  

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? ALL OF THE POTATOES IN ALL FORMS. I have a serious love for potatoes but my mom's mashed potatoes are my favorite - yukon golds mashed with Greek yogurt, milk and butter. (though I do love a good french fry, especially if it's covered in cheese curds and drowning in gravy... :smile: )

• 2. status - 8DPO and spotting today - fingers crossed AF doesn't come tomorrow

3. rant - DH and I had another argument - partially surrounding how I desire/prioritize sex more during the FW but not the rest of the month, but it is bigger than that. We had the same argument about a month ago. So today we're barely speaking - I don't know how this will resolve this time - and my appetite is completely gone so I'm forcing myself to eat something for breakfast.

rant - had bloodwork Saturday - endocrine panel - how do they make it hurt so much with such a small needle and the blood donor clinic makes it hurt less with a MUCH larger needle? Also, how do I end up bruising the same amount for such different needles...

4. Potatoes - I like them - this is one of my favourite ways - https://pin.it/G-XeSRb
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @reneeannemm, I am sorry your weekend was tough.

Also, I wanted to let you know I will be baking your yellow cupcakes (with sprinkles added in) and strawberry frosting recipes Friday for a birthday on Saturday! I am so excited to make them.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW

3. Rants/raves: I have no idea when I ovulated. I think it was 4/28 but my app thinks it was 4/30. I POAS on Saturday because I wanted to drown myself if wine to forget Mother's Day. Of course I got a BFN. I guess it could have been too early but I really think I'm out this weekend. DH and I had soooo many "relations" before and during my fertile week that I was feeling really hopeful. But I'm pretty sure I already have signs of AF which is supposed to be here tomorrow..unless I did actually ovulate late. 

@reneeannemm I also had a hard Mother's Day. My DH had to work all day and my MIL was the only one who actually acknowledged that yesterday must have been hard on me. My own mother didn't say anything about it. Real nice. 

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? I loooooove potatoes and any way, shape, or form! DH doesn't really like them so I don't make them a lot; but I always get them when we are out to dinner. I love Yukon gold potatoes and probably make/buy them more than any others. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MWoodside sorry about your DH.  That’s so frustrating!

@JDMRS Awesome about the pets being allowed on those flights!

@catiecatp Sorry about the arguments with DH.  It’s a tough road and I know you’ve been having struggles.  I hope things look up soon!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• JDMRSJDMRS member
    @catiecatp
    I feel your pain about the needles. My last panel a few weeks ago the phlebotomist at the lab was working with a student...It was bad. 
  • @catiecatp I'm sorry about you and DH, it's so hard. TTC has been a huge challenge at different times along the way for my marriage. Does DH understand the biological impact of fertile week on the female, ie. the increased sex drive from hormonal changes etc? I hope things level out soon for you both. 
  • @catiecap, I am sorry about the argument. I can totally relate to prioritizing sex more during the FW. I do the same and then I am kind of over it for a bit and mentally focused more on whether or not I am pg. TTC is really tough on my marriage, it's just stressful. Hugs.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• @catiecap My DH has also had this discussion with me, he doesn't want to feel like I am "using him" and that I don't want him any other time except when baby making- which isn't true. He also has issues with not being able to perform if he is under pressure so I usually don't tell him when I'm most fertile and that seems to have helped things. This TTC business is definitely a learn as you go kind of thing...hope you two can resolve things soon. 
  • @JDMRS mmmmmmm poutine 
  • @BornReady I was thinking that same exact thing when I read what @catiecatp wrote. Women are way more likely to be in the mood during their fertile week. I haven't wanted sex all that much during my tww and DH and I have a very healthy sex life. During the FW thugs are just even more heightened. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have never had an increased sex drive around ovulation. If anything, it disappears. My period, however, that's a different story. Thanks, body, for getting biological functions all wrong.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW, CD18, 4d post trigger.

3. Rants/raves:
    Rant: It was recommended that we have relations 3x and we only got it done 2x in the window. Saturday just turned into a clusterf*** and we missed it. I am trying not to let it bother me too much because I could have made a big deal about it then, but I didn't, and it's too late now. Not sure exactly what went wrong. Miscommunication, I guess. DH doesn't understand the timing all that well, and I didn't want to demand sex on the spot. So I thought later in the day would be fine, but later never really happened. sigh.....
    Rave: DH left yesterday to help his brother with brother's new house. I was kind of ticked that he left me alone with no acknowledgement of it being Mother's Day, etc. But, when he came home, he brought a bottle of wine and the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler movie Sisters and said since we can, we should enjoy it. That was sweet.

To quote @JDMRS:
    ALL OF THE POTATOES IN ALL FORMS.
    Bread, potatoes and cheese are some of my favorite food groups. There is a restaurant here that makes what they call Spuds, which are sliced potatoes, battered and fried. Nothing healthy about it, but so good! When it comes to potatoes, I don't discriminate.

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• JDMRSJDMRS member
    @fivetimesnoluck Love it! There is a restaurant that was featured on Throw Down with Bobby Flay (a grilled cheese throw down) and it's right across the bridge from where I work, so we went and on the menu is a dish called "Your Own Private Idaho" From their menu "A huge double heap of our shoestring hash browns covered with melted Cheddar and topped with two eggs sunny-side up served with choice of toast, English muffin, or our big biscuit"
  • I'm not sure my sex drive increases so much as I become aware that we need to BD - if we don't get a BFP this cycle I'll keep tabs on my drive to see if I feel like it changes. Maybe it is a bit of both. This is an issue for us that has been brewing for years and won't be resolved easily. I thought we were moving forward this past month - but we're taking a few steps back. 

I have another interview for a Texas college on Wednesday - found out I made the cut while climbing a mountain in Banff... fun times - and then got the date just today - holy short notice batman! But thankfully it is the same college district as the one that was cancelled so things like the motto stay the same - so some research is done. But of course I didn't do enough prep to get me through Thursday's lectures so... yeah A LOT to do, when all I want to do is focus on what to say to DH when he gets home tonight... or sleep and snuggle the cats. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited May 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Benched (more like TTA)

3. Rants/raves: rant: Last night DH got the door when the pizza came. When he came back in he says "the pizza guy asked if there were any mothers in here who he could give a flower to for mothers day and I said no". I instantly burst into tears. I had held it together all day until that point. He felt SO bad, hugged me and apologized a ton saying he didn't even think about what he was saying. I know it was an honest mistake and he just is a little clueless sometimes, but it still hurt.

Like a bunch of PP's said, I LOVE potatoes in almost any way you can make them! If I had to pick a favorite I would say just a baked potato with too much butter and a little salt. Or my mom's mashed potatoes.

ETA typo
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Benched (though based on charting currently in my TWW).  Hopefully get my period in the next 10-14 days and then DH and I can start TTC again.

3. Rants/raves: It's Monday, it sucks.  I'm tired, I have cramps and everyone is an asshole today.

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes? Yukon Gold.  My mom makes these special potatoes with paprika and stuff on the holidays that my family literally gets in fights over they're so good.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2. Status- Benched, waiting for AF any day then HSG scheduled for the 17th which might get pushed back in AF is late. I'm hoping so hard that HSG comes back clean and we are free ttc but for now, we wait.
    3. rants/raves- i could go on and on ranting since my PMS is in full swing but i don't want to feed into it. 
    4. GTKY potatoes- french fries, for sure. all day every day. i love super crunchy salty french fries slathered in ketchup and mayo.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Officially the longest cycle of my life...waiting for AF.  There is little sign of her coming on her own so my RE called in some Provera to kick start her.  I am hoping she will come on her own, but looking doubtful.  

3. Rants/raves:  Mother's Day was a little rough as expected.  One good friend wished me a happy mother's day and said she was thinking of me, which made me cry and smile all at the same hormonal-hot-mess time.  Today, I am too tired to rant or rave...just ready to get out of the crazy give-me-a-damn-baby cul de sac.

4. GTKY: Potatoes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew! What's your favourite variety of potato? Favourite way to eat them? Any nostalgic family recipes for potatoes?  Oh gosh, I literally love them all!  @reneeannemm I DH and I loveeeee dill in ours too, so delish!  Dauphinoise are probably my all time favorite.  Sometimes to change them, I'll alternate layers of yukon gold and sweet potato and they are insane!
  • CoonMomCoonMom member
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW 11 DPO

3. Rants/raves: I thought I was out this morning as I had some blood. It was enough to put a tampon in, or so I thought. But there was nothing the rest of the day...not even spotting. Of course my mind is going BSC thinking implantation bleeding. Only time will tell. I'm not expecting AF until Wednesday at the earliest. 

Like a few of you, yesterday was a little rough. (It was better than I expected though.) I knew I couldn't handle church as they recognize all the mothers so I skipped. DH didn't recognize it at all for me which I'm not happy about. I posted something on facebook saying "I'm thinking of all women esp those who are childless...." and got a few likes/loves/ect, even a few personal notes. I didn't check the mail Saturday but when I checked it Sunday there was a Mother's Day card from my aunt. It was very sweet of her to recognize that I am indeed a childless mother. My mom didn't even acknowledge, but I wasn't surprised because she didn't really support me after my MC. My mother-in-law didn't say/acknowledge it in an obvious way but gave me a bracelet that says "you are special" last Thursday. I assume it was a Mother's day type gesture.

I LOVE potatoes. I could eat them every single day. My first choice is mash'em but also enjoy them Baked.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Benched for about four more cycles, CD14

3. Rants/raves: I lurked while taking some time away and currently feeling like I'm in a better headspace right now. I'm feeling like I can handle these next four months being benched and less stressed and impatient about it :) Of course, that might change in the next couple weeks when those hormones kick in again lol But for now I'm feeling at peace about it :) 
    Another rave is that my GI problems, while troublesome, will not impede our plan to TTC! So that's a relief :)
    My rant would be that our move is on hold until we can get a kitchen in and it's taking forever to do correspondence through email with the landlords so I'm getting annoyed!

Mmmmm potatoes! They are so versatile it's hard to choose which I love best! I do love poutine! Since I have celiac disease it's hard for me to find fries that are safe at restaurants so fries and poutines I can eat are pretty high on the list lol I also make some pretty mean twice baked potatoes with all sorts of yummy fillings!
  • 2. Status.. CD 22... Still waiting to ovulate and scared its annovulatory. I usually ovulate cycle day 19-22.. But usually not 22... I just hope I get an elevated temp tomorrow. 

3. Rant: i am annoyed I haven't ovulated yet, it's like dragging on. I have really long cycles and my timing hasn't been that good so I'm waiting to just trash this cycle and move on. 

4. I love twice baked potatoes, they are super delicious and I wish I could make them for family gatherings! 
  • 1. My name is Christa. Our daughter was stillborn at 23 weeks gestation. This was February 17, 2016. She had Trisomy 18. I'm 37 and hubby is 38. 

2. Limbo. I had 2 positive pregnancy tests the last few days. I started bleeding a few hours after the last one. Pretty sure that was a chemical pregnancy. Waiting on bloodwork results.

3. Rant. I feel like life is just stomping on my little family in general in 2016. This year just sucks.

4. Mashed with gravy
  • @cmillar36 I am so sorry you are here with us. I also went through a CP immediately after MC and it's a special kind of cruel. We are here to help in anyway possible. This is an amazing group of women 
  • @cmillar36  Hello. I'm very, very sorry for your loss. Welcome, I hope we can help you along your journey. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• edited May 2016
    I'm sorry for your losses, @cmillar36 but glad you found us. Youre not alone. 

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• I'm late to the party. I've been working up a storm these past couple days.

@rainbowturtles I'm glad you are feeling better about your benching. It still sucks for sure, and hopefully you will continue to feel less stressed.

@fivetimesnoluck I'm sorry about your timing, but still FX for you!!

@reneeannemm I'm the same way with increased sex drive during my period and less so during FW. It is a big frustration of mine. It's really hard not to burn up all the energy right after AF and save some for the FW!

@roxgibbons I find myself thinking often of how far along I would be by now with either of my previous pregnancies. It's a special form of self-torture. I'm trying to knock that habit off.

@cmillar36 I'm sorry you are here and for your losses.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW, I think. I've had some temperature dips below the cover line since my supposed day of O, so I'm not entirely sure if I even ovulated or what. I'm 9 dpo according to FF. Tomorrow will be seven weeks post D&C without AF.

3. Rants/raves: I was working, but Mother's Day was still hard after I got home. I cried twice. My husband got me a very sweet gift and a card, though. I was shocked that neither MIL or my own mother said anything about my being a mother, though. I like to think they were just trying to avoid awkwardness.

I know I'm sounding like a whiny broken record, but I'm so over waiting for my period. I caved and POAS yesterday only because I feel like I should do so weekly so I can tell the OB that I have when I do get an appointment. I've decided to wait out til a full 14 dpo, test again and if negative, go get some Provera.

*****Question:*******

Is anyone having any experience with increased acne, water weight retention, overall feelings of grossness after loss? After my first loss, I bounced back quite rapidly (got AF "on time," no weight gain, etc). After this last one, besides the lack of return of my regular cycle, I've had more acne than when I was a teenager (face, but also chest and back badly!). I've been working out regularly and have been more conscious with my eating but my scale keeps going up. (Overall I'm only up 5 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight but I'm on the smaller side of things so it's concerning to me.) I feel puffy all the time. What gives?

I love potatoes. DH and I are big fans of red potatoes. I either like mashed with skins on, or I boil them, crush them, and bake them with cheese/EVOO/garlic until crispy. I also like yukon gold mashed potatoes and I follow the Pioneer Woman's recipe, which calls for cream cheese and a ton of butter. It makes a huge difference but it's so bad for you that we only have it every once in a while. I also love sweet potatoes but DH is not a fan so I tend to get them only when we eat out.
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I retained unbelievable amounts of water after my miscarriage and leading up to my first AF. It was physically painful to move, I was so swollen and bloated. Good thing I had no desire to leave the house because there was definitely nothing that fit. I went back to more or less normal after my first period, though I have much more pronounced physical PMS symptoms and less emotional ones now.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @Wishilivedinflorida thank you for the kind words <3 I just wanted to say that I was incredibly bloated for a month after my mc and although the bloating has gone from my arms and face, I'm still hanging on to between 3-5lbs despite working out lots and trying to watch what I eat :( However, I WILL note that I am also experiencing some severe GI issues that may be contributing to the belly weight  :/
  • @cmillar36 Sorry for your losses.  Welcome to our group, I hope that your stay here is short!

@WishILivedInFlorida Yes!  After my loss I randomly gained 10 pounds over a weekend that it was impossible to shake!  Even after watching what I was eating, going back to regular exercise, etc. I couldn’t lose that 10 pounds.  2 months ago I started to really buckle down and have cut out even more calories and ramped up the exercise even more, and have finally lost 6 of those pounds, but it has been frustrating!  I definitely felt more bloated and blah for months after my loss weight-wise.  I think my acne is worse, but I’m not sure if that’s from the loss or stress from TTCAL.  

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Thank you @reneeannemm @rainbowturtles @dpjennifer for sharing your experiences. It helps to know its not just me. I just want to feel like myself and not like a giant acne ridden marshmallow! Hopefully soon. 

• MWoodsideMWoodside member
    edited May 2016

@cmiller36, I am sorry for your loss.

@wishilivedinflorida, I hold on to weight post-loss. For me I think it has to do with depression somewhat and my body somewhat. I gain early in pregnancy, my body gains .5-1lb/wk starting at 4 wks every single time. So it is sucH a slap in the face to have a bit of weight to lose after a loss. I did lose it after loss 2 last July, but I have since gained the 10lbs back and am working on losing it again now.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.