Trouble TTC

Introducing Myself - Loss Mentioned

My wife and I have been TTC for a little over a year.  We have gone through 2 miscarriages now (1 in November 2015 and 1 in April 2016).  It has been very difficult on us and we are trying to find ways to cope.  The problem is that we did not receive the support we were looking for from family after the first miscarriage and now are hesitant to share with others about our second.  We are going in for testing to see what the problem could be.  Both miscarriages happened at about the same time (8 weeks) and we don't know what to make of that.  Has anyone had a similar experience of not receiving the support you need when going through this?  What did you do to get through it together?  Has anyone had a similar experience with 2 or more miscarriages seeming to have the same symptoms?  Thank you for your help, I know there are a lot of people out there going through this, we are just trying to find answers wherever we can.

Re: Introducing Myself - Loss Mentioned

• Hi - I just want to say I'm sorry for your losses. I've had two early losses myself and it's very hard. I hope you are able to find the problem and get your rainbow soon. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Hi Udflyers- I'm so sorry for your losses. I lost one many many years ago at 8 weeks.....it was extremely difficult and bc I was so young and it was unplanned I received pretty much zero support from my family.... Which made it so much harder. 

Hopefully my you are able to find the cause....I am in the middle of testing to figure out why I haven't been able to get pregnant since then at it is emotional but worth it in the end if we can figure it out
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry about your losses and for the lack of support you are receiving!  I'm glad you're going in for testing.  There are some effective treatments for RPL that the RE can provide you with.  I hope you find a solution soon.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • When is a good time to start Progesterone?  My wife's doctor prescribed it the moment we got a positive test for our second miscarriage, so about 5 weeks and then the miscarriage was at 8.  I have been taking Clomid as well.  Should we try to get the doctor to give progesterone to begin earlier?  We are waiting for my wife's hcg numbers to drop to zero before testing but I guess the way we are trying to get ourselves through this is to just start trying to find a solution.  Nothing in life has prepared us for multiple miscarriages, I cannot imagine what it is like for those people that miscarry in the second trimester.  Our faith has been tested during this time but I feel we will rise out of this and get on the path we want soon.  
  • Hello and welcome. I'm sorry that you are not getting the support you are needing at this time. Since you are suspicious that you may get the same response from your family then you may want to consider not telling anyone. 

Good is luck with everything!
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!
  • @udflyers My RE has me start taking progesterone suppositories 2 days after ovulation (or after IUIs in our case) well before a pregnancy test could be positive.  I was told this was to prevent miscarriage if implantation does occur, so maybe it would be a good idea to start the progesterone early.  I think this is a common treatment for RPL.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Hello and very sorry for your loss. I'm also prescribed progesterone beginning two days after ovulation.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Thank you for that information, after we go through the blood tests we may try the progesterone after her ovulation.  Thanks, we are both trying to get looking forward to the future and these ideas help.
  • I am sorry for your losses. My RE has me take progesterone starting 2 days after ovulation because I have luteal phase problems. However, for repeat pregnancy loss it has been found that progesterone has no impact on live birth rate. Your doctor may still prescribe it because it doesn't have a negative impact, but don't worry if they do not. Here is the information my RE provides

This past fall a large, well designed randomized trial on the use of progesterone in these women was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.  The study, called the PROMISE trial, studied 836 women from the UK and the Netherlands who had unexplained recurrent miscarriage.  The women, aged 18-39, were randomly assigned to either vaginal progesterone twice daily or a placebo from the time the realized they were pregnant until 12 weeks gestation.  The doctors and women didn't know which drug they were randomly assigned to take.  The study was designed to look at live birth rates between the two groups of women, and found no difference: 65.8% of the women who took progesterone had a live birth compared to 63.3% of the women who took the placebo.  These numbers were not statistically different indicating there is no benefit to taking progesterone if you have unexplained recurrent miscarriage.