January 2016 Moms

Could she be teething??

My daughter is only 16 weeks and a few days ago she started being very irritable, with a runny nose and drool running like a faucet. She weaned herself off pacifiers at 4 weeks old and now she is nawing on them all the time! Is it possible that she could be teething already?? Her ped said that if you can't feel the teeth in her gums then she's not teething but all these signs make me wonder. 

Re: Could she be teething??

• My daycare keeps saying "she must be teething!" It makes me want to scream. She has no teeth coming in that I can see. However, she is fussier than usually and drooly. I don't know?
  • We have the same issue going on here too.  They had ti change her shirt yesterday because she drooled so much and had been irritable since Sunday as well.  I have felt for teeth several times but haven't felt anything yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be DS started at 12 weeks unfortunately with very similar symptoms. I can actually see the little tooth in his gums. Our ped said it's not unheard of that young.
  • Our 16-week-old is definitely teething. Fussier, chewing like crazy on her hands (because she hasn't figured out out how to get anything else in her mouth,) watery eyes, and yesterday, we have definition of a tooth. The weird thing is that it's on the top! We've got bumps on the bottom, but the top feels like a tooth already coming out. She has always drooled like a faucet, but in the last week or so, she soaks right through a bib--and the vinyl lined ones don't even work. We've just accepted that she has to have "naked time" to keep her from getting a rash.

I feel bad for her though, because her coordination is preventing her from chewing on anything, but it's too funny to see her try to bring her head down to her hands because she hasn't figured out to bring her hands to her mouth instead.

• My baby is teething. She's 15 weeks