LGBT Parenting

Weekly Check-in 25th April

status (ttc, pregnant, parenting)

What's happening this week?  (appointments , etc?)

Any LGBT Questions, advice, etc?

QOTW 
Do you practice any crafts? What's your current project? What's your next big challenge? Or if you don't have a handicraft, what would you most like to learn?

Re: Weekly Check-in 25th April

• Status: parenting. Formerly TTC but benched due to early pregnancy loss (6 weeks)

What's happening this week? Just coming out of Real Nappy Week. Found a couple more nappies for our stash and had some fun hunting for the Billy icons.

A friend has offered to take S to her activities this week. It will be the first time she's gone anywhere without one of us or her grandparents. I'm hoping we made the right choice to agree to it. I just can't face crowded pools and playrooms at the moment.

We made a memorial garden for Peanut in a large planter. We put in some penstamons for hardiness and colour and a little bird figurine because it felt like her.

QOTW: I know how to knit but it's been a long while and I'm a bit rusty. I'm picking back up with a scarf, then a basic jumper and a pair of socks. My big challenge - to be started this year and likely into the next - is a set of family stockings.

What's happening this week?  Today would have been test-taking day after our third IUI attempt had her period not shown up yesterday morning.  Our treatment plan was to meet with the doctor after three unsuccessful attempts, but we cannot get an appointment with him until June 2nd.  So, since we have one remaining vial at the doctor's office, we figured we'll try one more time since we have to wait a full cycle until the appointment anyway.  Today was a really rough day for me, and I'm feeling quite emotionally defeated.

Any LGBT questions, advice, etc?  Not currently

QOTW:  I'm not very creative or patient, so crafting isn't really my thing.  If I could learn to do something, though, I would love to play a musical instrument.  Music is such a part of my life, and to create it would make me happy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time of it @VL2016 and hope the upcoming cycle brings you joy.
  • status (ttc, pregnant, parenting) Parent to a handsome 21 week old!

What's happening this week?  (appointments , etc?) This week my manager came over to picl up my lap top since I resigned and it hard! I felt like she took.a physical part of mine. Very sad. Aside from that possible in laws Saturday and my moms bday Sunday.

Any LGBT Questions, advice, etc? Not this week.

QOTW 
    Do you practice any crafts? What's your current project? What's your next big challenge? Or if you don't have a handicraft, what would you most like to learn?

I am the least creative person and a terrible cook. My strengths are outside the home ironically says the new "housewife." Lol

@VL2016 Hang in there! Took me 4 times! It will happen. 

@twochickshavingachick thats a beautiful memorial! I can't imagine what you're going through.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @Twochickshavinachick

Parent to a 12 week old girl
    Only two more weeks till my maternity leave is over :(

I like to sew! Stuff for the house as well as clothes or mending things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020