High-Risk Pregnancy

Has anyone ever dealt with a cervical prolapse?

Hi all,
I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant. I was pregnant a year ago but miscarried at almost 17. I'm high risk and am currently dealing with a cervical prolapse. I had it with my pregnancy last year. My OB assured me that this will not harm my baby and it has nothing to do with why I miscarried last year, but I am still nervous about this prolapse and as I enter into 16 weeks (when I miscarried last year) my nerves are super high. Has anyone dealt with a cervical prolapse?? Dr. Google gives very little info on "cervical" prolapse and from what I've read, they are very uncommon. I would love to hear anyones experience if they have gone through this. Thanks so much! - A
~ Mom to amazing daughter Sophia, born 2012
~ MC April 2015 at 16 weeks 
~ Current DD 10/2016

Re: Has anyone ever dealt with a cervical prolapse?

• Lurker here
    I'm so sorry for your loss, it must be really scary to be where you are now. Have you ever considered acupuncture? I'm an acupuncturist and it is a medicine that excells at treating prolapse issues where western medicine can only ultimately offer surgery. Acupuncture also excells at helping women stay pregnant in a viable pregnancy. Best of luck and I hope you rainbow babe is sticky and healthy. 

• Hi there! Not sure how much help I'll be but I figured I would share what I know. Although I've never experienced a cervical prolapse my mother did when she was pregnant with me. I believe she was in her second trimester when the doctor inserted a "donut" type ring that went up against my mothers cervix and litterally held me and everything else up for the rest of the pregnancy. After I was born she decided to get a hysterectomy because I was her third child and it was going to cause a lot of issues if she was to get become pregnant again. 
    My mother is always shoving the idea of doing kegels at me, she seems to think if she did they more she would have been fine! But who knows!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurker here
    I'm so sorry for your loss, it must be really scary to be where you are now. Have you ever considered acupuncture? I'm an acupuncturist and it is a medicine that excells at treating prolapse issues where western medicine can only ultimately offer surgery. Acupuncture also excells at helping women stay pregnant in a viable pregnancy. Best of luck and I hope you rainbow babe is sticky and healthy. 

Thank you so much for you kind works and advice on acupuncture. I'm going to look into it now! 
    ~ Current DD 10/2016
  • kwrightnb said:
    Hi there! Not sure how much help I'll be but I figured I would share what I know. Although I've never experienced a cervical prolapse my mother did when she was pregnant with me. I believe she was in her second trimester when the doctor inserted a "donut" type ring that went up against my mothers cervix and litterally held me and everything else up for the rest of the pregnancy. After I was born she decided to get a hysterectomy because I was her third child and it was going to cause a lot of issues if she was to get become pregnant again. 
    My mother is always shoving the idea of doing kegels at me, she seems to think if she did they more she would have been fine! But who knows!
    Yes, I believe I know what this is. My doctor is planning to show me how to use it next week. Thanks for sharing your story about your mother. It actually helps to hear if people had what I have and went on to have a full term baby and successful delivery. 
    ~ Current DD 10/2016
  • Yes ! She went full term and actually had to be induced at 41.5 weeks :) stay positive, I hope everything works out okay <3