January 2017 Moms

Early Symptoms?

2»

Re: Early Symptoms?

• cjs260cjs260 member
    @asnowsurfer I'm just 4 weeks and that has been one of the worst for me. I take the stairs at work (just 5 flights) and by the end of it, I'm breathing like I just finished sprints. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @asnowsurfer I have to walk a 1/4 of a mile from my parking garage to my office in the mornings and afternoons, plus up 3 flights of stairs to get to my car. By the time I hit my seat, I am huffing and puffing. I'd use the elevator if I weren't afraid of it breaking down lol!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Loading the player...
  • @cjs260 @PMForbieSo glad to hear it's not just me! I only have three flights of stairs to climb at work, but it always seems to wind me now. Walking my dogs in the evenings feels like such an accomplishment!

P.S. you're not alone in your elevator fear - the one in my office has broken down with one of my coworkers inside! :D I don't think so lol!

Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I blow dry hair every day and this week I am exhausted halfway through one client! I need a mini fan for work, it's not even summer yet lol help us

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @TinaBelcher Vernors!!!
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Sunflower9939 are you a Michigander too? Best pop ever!
  • Sunflower9939Sunflower9939 member
    edited May 2016
    My moms family is from there :) I'm outside of Chicago @TinaBelcher

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday (5w1d) I was officially introduced to "morning" sickness (at 9pm) and, uh, I could live without!  :s My RE called in a scrip for digl-whatever it's called to take tonight and in the meantime I'm stocked up on saltines and Vernors (Detroit represent!)
    Whoever called it morning sickness should be shot. Hope the diclegis helps though! Have heard really good things about it.
  • SA0012 said:
    I'm SO surprised I have NO boob sensitivity. Every single other pregnancy that has been my first symptom and how I knew even before the BFP - and it was NO JOKE. Bras at night, and even a slight brush was excruciating.

I'm guessing it's because I'm nursing this time? Who knows, but I'm not complaining!!!

Now... suddenly MOOD swings hit today. Watch out!!! 
    No boob sensitivity here either, and this is my first. I think it has a lot to do with me being a lifetime member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, though. Haha. 
    Same and same. People keep saying, "Oh wait for it, it'll come," but.... nope. Here's hoping we all have boob pain-free pregnancies! My OH claims mine are bigger but I think they just look pre-AF size. I can't decide if it's sad or not having breasts so small that even a tiny difference is super obvious to other people :|
  • The only real symptom for me is breast pain. Occasional cramping and slight constipation too...I'm in the camp of kindasorta wanting a few more symptoms! But I'm still turning tests, so all should be fine.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I've been waking up the last few nights with really bad heartburn and the occasional wave of nausea. My boobs are starting to get sensitive so the symptoms are definitely on their way!
    Me: 27, DH: 32
    Together: 1/24/11
    Married: 10/11/14
    BFP: 4/26/2016
    EDD: 1/4/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I forgot about this last time but I'm having crazy vivid dreams that I can remember every detail when I wake up. Had bad nightmares last go around hopefully I won't this time :#

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yup, my boobs are crazy sore. And I'm sure it's all in my head, but they seem bigger, or heavier. I've also been wearing a bra to be the past few nights to cut down on unwanted jiggling!! 

And I thought I was crazy thinking my appetite had already ramped up, but maybe I AM sane....and really hungry! And I had been pooping like crazy since I started my prenatals a few months ago, but that joy seems to have vanished. 

This is so exciting!!! :-D
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Met 11/1/2013
    Engaged 10/14/2014
    Married 10/14/2015
    BFP 04/24/2016, EDD 1/4/2017
  • ju0725ju0725 member
    Cramps are freaking me out today. But nothing else. 19 days until my first ultrasound, it can't come soon enough. 
  • aishmcaishmc member
    Yes with the dreams @ashbozso !  I've been having these weird, vivid drams and when I wake up I remember so much of it.  This doesn't usually happen to me.

For all you ladies who aren't experiencing boob pain, I really hope it stays that way for you.  When people have hugged me in the last week my boobs hurt SO bad.  It makes for awkward hugs, which isn't unusual for me, but makes keeping this secret a bit tough.

Also, can anyone advise on whether or not it's a good idea to buy a new bra?  One of my boobs is just constantly spilling out of my bra at all times and I can't get into my sports bras either.  If I get new bras, what kind should I get?  Will I have to replace those soon too?
  • @aishmc I would hold out as long as you can. If you plan to breastfeed you'll probably want nursing bras. I basically just switch into my nursing bras as my boobs get larger and then wear those until we wean. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I forgot about the increased peeing early on. That's been super fun since my kids always follow me to the bathroom and do silly things while I'm going.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Been having unusually vivid dreams since a few days before I knew I was pregnant, this explains a lot! And, oh boy, the boob sensitivity has hit! Also, I couldn't wear my usual sleep shirts last night, my skin and nipples were so sensitive. Had to find a soft, polyester shirt I hardly wear.

• Hold out as long as possible those things are going to get way bigger! I bought nursing bras about 25 weeks and when I had DS1 I couldn't even fit my girls into them. I only wore nursing tanks the first few weeks and actually at the end of pregnancy. They were so much more comfortable. I am all about comfort this time around. Leggings big shirts and camisoles. #dontjudgeme

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ashbozso solidarity - once I get a bfp I refuse to wear pants, only leggings, yoga pants, dresses, or skirts. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need to invest in more leggings and dresses...

• Omggggg, has anyone here used Sea Bands? I just got one, and kind of expected it to not work because I'm a tiny bit skeptical when it comes to all-natural solutions often, but it is so amazing. Like it doesn't completely take away nausea but it at least makes it so you don't feel like you're about to puke every minute.
  • @canavara I just had my DH go pick up a new pair for me on Monday while I was at work... I start feeling super sick, but them on, and at least feel like I'm not going to throw up that very second!  I hate that since no one knows I am pregnant, that I have to try to hide them though... It's getting a bit too hot to wear sweaters all the time!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @canavara wearing mine right now! I don't know how much they're helping but I'll try anything lol
  • alfamaalfama member
    I'm 5w3d and very similar to @urbanorchidgirl with no major discomfort. Just mild sore boobs really. And very very happy. And needing to wee at night already (I never normally do!)....does anyone else have that??? Doesn't really feel like I'm pregnant yet sometimes!
    First gynae appointment at 7w3d.  When are you all having your first check up? 
  • lrn4347lrn4347 member
    My main symptoms are concentrating around my breasts. They're huge, swollen, shiny, and veiny, and very very tender! I am already having a hard time getting comfortable sleeping on my stomach. I have also noticed some mood swings-either I'm very irritable or teary-eyed, and extreme extreme fatigue. Last night I slept for about 13 hours!!
  • I'm the same way but I'm only 4 weeks 5days. I had nausea once last week but that's it. 
  • SUPER sore boobs and full, vivid dreams (one of me breastfeeding), occasional nausea and heartburn, and off and on light cramping (which freaks me out). Otherwise I am just on cloud nine!

• I just HULK RAGED at my brothers. We have a family business and they're both on vacation next week and just pulled some SERIOUSLY passive aggressive bullshit. Usually I flip them off, fix it and move on but I raged. RAGED. 

(Little bro didn't know I'm pregnant. I'm not announcing more for a few more weeks I think, until I called and FLIPPED MY SHIT) like I'm in tears and yelling "I'm sorry, I'm hormonal and this is nuts but FFFFF YOU GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AAARRRRGGGHHH"

Oy... I made H leave tonight before I yell at him too!
  • I'm only exactly 4 weeks today, but I've had a couple slight symptoms. My boobs actually JUST started to feel tender this morning, but it's not noticeable unless I squeeze. The big one is I randomly have to pee all of a sudden out of nowhere! And mild nausea in the mornings. I've also had some little cramps on and off but they feel more flutter like than cramp like.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Oh yeah! I have a four year old and a two year old both I didn't get symptoms till about 8 weeks. But now it hit me around 4 weeks and I got it all. My husband thinks I'm using the prego card because he thinks it's to early. To bad I can't have him carry this one.
  • No nursing pain, which is nice. 

TIRED. AS. BALLS. 
    So tired. Taking naps on the daily with my 18 month old. Counting down to nap time all morning. Counting down to bedtime all afternoon. 
  • ThePax89 said:
    No nursing pain, which is nice. 

TIRED. AS. BALLS. 
    So tired. Taking naps on the daily with my 18 month old. Counting down to nap time all morning. Counting down to bedtime all afternoon. 
    This. It's like we are the same person. I also have an 18 month old and am so tired. Last week she went on a six day nap strike and I thought I was going to die. She's up twice a night still to nurse. I'm pretty much useless. 
  • @alfama  Same! I am six weeks today and took my fourth pregnancy test on Friday again just to make sure. I don't feel anything other than sore boobs and was starting to get some fatigue yesterday. Can't wait for my first OB appt at 8 wks, 3 days!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20