Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd tri Check in- Week of April 25 **New leader needed**

This is a weekly check in for the lucky ones who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in 3rd tri along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently. 

QOTW: If you could move anywhere in the world (and having a job/money wasn't an issue), where would you want to live?

NEW LEADER NEEDED NEXT WEEK!! Please let me know if you can volunteer to take over. 

3rd Tri ladies and their little bundles:
@krbjoy EDD 4/25/16 with a little lady
@KidShrink EDD 05/03/16 with a little boy
@AdorkablePixie EDD 05/23/16 with a little boy
@NB817 EDD 05/28/16 with a little boy
@msbender129 EDD 06/15/16 team green
@Binnie505 EDD 06/16/16 with a little girl
@mclorn EDD 06/16/16 with a little boy and a little girl
@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@HBamama2B EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy

Re: 3rd tri Check in- Week of April 25 **New leader needed**

• Options
    Just came back from my OB appointment...all is fine despite some swelling and yet another trip to L&D on Friday because I missed a step and fell in the stairs...I had to go get monitored for a bit then. 

I'm sleeping awful...any kind of lying down ends up hurting my hips after a bit, and I'm now waking up every hour/hour and a half. I seriously can't wait for the little guy to get out of there...at least if I'm not going to sleep, give me a good reason! 

I'm finding it interesting that my OB office (they essentially regroup all the OBs that deliver at the same hospital, so while I have a 'main' OB, I rotate between all of them) will not do a cervical check again until my appointment next Monday (where I'll be 39w4 or 6 days, depending on how you count...but they go with LMP rather than IUI date to calculate my due date, so they assume the latest of the two). And, turns out 'my' OB, who's retiring at the beginning of July, isn't available next Monday. So I have no freakin clue if an induction date will be discussed at that time or not (I have a feeling they may have me come back more frequently after my due date to decide what they're doing, but then again, who makes the call if I'm not seeing 'my' doctor?). Anyway, I hope I don't end up needing an induction...my chiro recommended crawling as a way to push baby down the birth canal and encouraging things to happen naturally...so as of today, I may just start crawling everytime I go upstairs (upstairs is carpeted...I'm not hurting my knees on hardwood floor!). DH thinks the dog is going to start worrying about me ;) 

QOTW: I love the combination of mountains and ocean...we went to Menton (south of France, last little town before Italy) during our honeymoon and loved it, and went to Amalfi last summer and absolutely fell in love. So possibly one of those, but my dream is to go to French Polynesia...I'd love to live in one of those homes on the water where I could just dive in the ocean from my balcony. I need someplace warm and sunny (we're having a crappy day here...rainy and kind of cold that feels more like fall than spring).
  • Options
    Hi Mommies! 28 weeks this week, which means I get to join all of you in the 3rd trimester board!!! I'm so excited and just can't wait to meet our little babe in 3 months! DH and I have been trying since August of 2013. We started infertility treatment back in January 2015 with timed intercourse, a few rounds of Clomid, skipped IUI per our RE's recommendation and went straight to IVF late October / November 2015. We are blessed with 1 amazing little babe (team green) that will be joining us this coming July!!! EDD 07/20/16 :smile: 

Our next appt. and US is on Wednesday with my Maternal Fetal Medicine OB. We're considered high risk because I have Sarcoidosis (autoimmune disease) and I had some irregular blood work early on that raised some flags but thankfully haven't been an issue. 

I've been feeling great, baby is kicking and punching like crazy which I love every second of, and we have our 3rd hypnobirthing class this week. Anyone else trying hypnobirthing or any other means for a natural birth?

QOTW: I agree with @KidShrink, I love being near the mountains and the ocean. We spent some time in Cinque Terre (Italy) a few years ago and I loved the small villages on the ocean with the cliffs and hills behind them. Same dynamic in Santorini (Greece) where DH and I honeymooned and the Azores (Portugal) where my family is from. I think I would certainly be happy living in any of those places :smile: 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am now 36 weeks. I can't believe there are only 4 weeks left until my due date!! DH and I still have a lot we need to get done around the house. Most important being installing the carseat base(s) in our cars. I need to talk to him about that and make sure it's done this week, just incase! I have a feeling I will end up going over my due date though. I haven't really had any BH or anything, so I feel like he won't  be coming on time.

I am still sleeping pretty good, which makes me happy. I got up one time last night to pee. Awesome! My back is feeling better as well (hurt myself running almost three weeks ago..)

QOTW: There are  lots of place DH and I would like to live. Hawaii, Florida, North Carolina... pretty much we want to live somewhere where it stays warm and doesn't snow. lol We both hate the cold!

@KidShrink I feel like you should start crawling around anyway, so you don't fall anymore. lol Might be safer.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @kidshrink spinning babies .com has lots of good exercises too that you can do along with the crawling. I've also heard good things about red raspberry leaf tea for getting things going. I would try to ask not to have the induction before 42wks if everything looks good and just keep up the other options, but I'm biased. & Not checking the cervix is good and normal. :) You could be 2 or even 4, but without labor it won't matter and would just frustrate you waiting for the actual thing to kick in. I'll keep my everything crossed your LO is already on the way by the time you read this!!

@mechelita44 Welcome! I am planning an unmedicated home birth. We are doing an extensive Bradley class to prepare and will have two CNM midwives and a doula during. If you'd prefer unmedicated, knowing the stages and emotional signposts of labor are great places to start. :) GL!

@adorkablepixie wow! Where does the time go? So close! Glad you are still sleeping well, I'm definitely not. :smiley: 

For me- I'm 32wks and 4days. Have an apt today but should be pretty standard fare. Some swelling and tons of BH, but otherwise doing very well still. really excited to meet our little guy and two months seems like a looooong time right now! Just have to be patient, at least that's something is IFers know how to do? ;) 

GTKY- A place to move permanently is hard. I love Japan and Australia, but would I want to be so far from family? I think I'd pick the wooded coast of Maine. A cabin on the rocks with a view of the ocean and nothing else in sight. That would hit the spot. Or a cabin in the mountains next to a glacial lake with a killer view. Would love either!!!
  • Options
    Welcome @mechelita44 ! We definitely have similar taste! I'd love to go to Greece, Portugal, and Cinque Terre was initially our plan for our honeymoon, but there was a bug landslide a few months before we got married, so it wasn't the best time to go...one day! There just isn't enough vacation time and money for all the places we'd like to go to. However, we're definitely planning on travelling as much as we can with our kids. While we never went to Europe, my parents brought us to so many places when we were kids and that's definitely influenced my life a lot (openness to different ways of life, cultures, etc.) and I want to make sure my LOs get that too. 
    @AdorkablePixie : my accidents happened: 1) in public, and 2) in the stairs. No way I could have crawled to prevent those ;) but I still feel completely ridiculous as I've NEVER been this clumsy. Thank you huge belly! 
    @HBamama2B : my feeling is that we're not going to make it that far...I've been having lots of contractions and *TMI* I believe I've lost at least part of my MP yesterday. I've also scheduled an acupuncture appointment for May 5...so if nothing else works, hopefully that will! I just can't wait for my hips and lower back to stop hurting...this whole sleeping sitting down is getting old. However, I'm already used to sleeping for only about an hour at a time...
    An old friend from undergrad who lives in Boston has become a doula and just went to a spinning babies training last weekend. Curious about it, but thought it was mostly for positioning. Baby has been head down all along, so I never bothered to check it out. 
  • Options

@HBamama2B Time is just flying by! I hope the rest of your pregnancy does for you too. The place in Maine sounds fantastic.

@KidShrink Ah, that makes sense. You might get weird looks if you crawl around in public. lol I am SO CAREFUL on the stairs now after hearing about you falling and someone else that's in the May birth month group. I always make the dogs go down before me and come up after me so I don't trip on them. They tend to like to be right up under our feet... all the time!

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie : just did some crawling, and my dog was all over me! She's hilarious! She was shaking for no reason yesterday and being super clingy which freaked me out as I spent the day wondering if she felt like somehing was about to happen... Guess that tired her out...this is her after almost 12 hours in bed this morning 
  • Options
    NB817NB817 member
    edited April 2016
    Hi ladies! 35w+3D for me! Count down is on to my RCS which will be 4 weeks from yesterday! Had OB appointment today and I officially have PUPPP. :( Other than that I'm doing well. 
    We have a very busy few weeks ahead with my sprinkle this weekend, the next weekend we are having a big tag sale plus a gender reveal party to go to plus it's Mother's Day. The following weekend is my goddaughters first cummunion and a father daughter dance for DD and DH. The weekend after that we have a wedding and DD first dance recital then it's baby time!!! I'm hoping with all that fling on it will make the weeks fly by! :smile: 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    So sorry about the puppp! Hope the distractions make the time fly by!
  • Options
    Hi all. Glad to see that everyone is doing great. 
    @KidShrink do be careful :wink: 
    I had the OB appointment today and she has officially diagnosed me with mild gestational diabetes. I did pass my 3 HR glucose test. But for some reason last couple times at my every OB visit there was sugar in my urine but the blood test with glucometer came normal. She then ordered hba1c test and that's slightly elevated. She says she is not overly concerned but wants to be safe than sorry. She hasn't put me in restrictive diet. I am suppose to use common sense with diet and monitor my glucose level at home. Fun times as I am only 33 weeks. From now onwards I am supposed to have weekly OB visit as well as ultrasound to check on the baby.

I think I'd like to live closer to mountains so I will probably move back home in Nepal :wink: 
  • Options
    @NB817 hope the PUPPP doesn't become too severe. Take care and all the best.
  • Options
    Sorry about PUPPP @NB817 ! Did you have it with your first pregnancy as well? 

As for me, I ended up with some stronger and quite frequent (every 10 min) contractions last night after I went to my chiropractor. Things have now calmed down, but it seems like things could happen sooner than later. No one has volunteered to be the check in leader starting next week...anyone willing to step up? It really isn't complicated, even if you only ever come on the app like I do. 
  • Options

@KidShrink Aww! :) Both of my dogs, especially the younger one both jump up when my alarm goes off with me. It's really funny, like they have to be up for something too. Sometimes the older one will just go cuddle with DH though.

I'd offer to do the check in but I am afraid I would forget to do it. Maybe I could set a reminder on my phone.

@NB817 sorry about the PUPPP! At least you are really busy the next couple of weeks!! Wow.

• Options
    33 weeks pregnant today!  I had an OB with ultrasound appointment on Monday.  Both babies are weighing in at 3 pounds 9 ounces and are both head down!  No signs of anything happening anytime soon, but I am starting weekly appointments (monthly ultrasounds) now as well.  They don't usually want you to go past 38 weeks with twins, so we will see how this all goes down!!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    That's fantastic @mclorn ! Will they let you attempt a vaginal delivery if both remain head down? 
  • Options
    :)  Thanks and yes!  They just want the presenting twin to be head down, so we should be good to go!
  • Options
    **lurking**

@krbjoy congrats on your beautiful baby girl! I'm glad to hear your recovery is getting better!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @krbjoy ahhhh! So happy for you and so glad you are getting better. Sorry the recovery is rough. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter Emily! Thanks for making your parents dreams come true, Emily! Health and happiness to you all. :smiley: 
  • Options
    @krbjoy congratulations on ur little princess. She's absolutely adorable. Hope you have a smooth ride ahead. All the best :)
  • Options
    @krbjoy Congratulations :smile: she is absolutely beautiful!!! Wishing you a healthy recovery as well! Best of luck, health and happiness to you and your family.
  • Options

@krbjoy Congratulations! She is precious.

• Options
    @krbjoy Congratulations. She is absolutely gorgeous! Sending lots of love for a speedy recovery. I am so glad that you and your LO are doing ok. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    mclornmclorn member
    @krbjoy biggest congrats!  Hope you're recovering more and more each day.  How lovely!!