TWT

twatwaffle Tuesday - let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: TWT

• Options
    Pumping at work is a TW. I feel like I am having the most difficult time getting a rhythm going and getting things accomplished at work....having to make sure I have all my stuff packed with me if I head out for meetings across campus, or planning when I'll have to have my stuff and where to do it, and always eating/drinking throughout the day because I'm always hungry and thirsty...I feel like it is consuming my time and energy and I am definitely not as productive as I used to be. Just when I get momentum on projects, it always come to a halt and then I can't resume the flow when I get back. I hate it.
  • Options
    Work in general is a TW. Why can't I just stay home all day and snuggle with my little nugget?  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Teeth are twatwaffles. My poor baby and poor me, I want her to sleep more than a hour at a time again.
  • Options
    TRA0816TRA0816 member
    My body is a TW. I have random idiopathic hives that have something to do with my immune system. I've tried to eliminate foods and other allergens for years with no luck. I got a break when pregnant for some reason (Hormones?) but they showed up this week with no relief!
  • Options
    My coworker is a TW. If my husband said something to me in the tone she's used with me today, I would have checked him so fast. She's a big baby, and has a migraine every day, meaning that we have to have the lights off in my office. Seriously. Lights off in the office. 
    She has spent the entire morning visiting, and when I had a question about work, she acted like I was stupid. Yeah, you'll think I'm stupid when I put you in your place.
  • Options
    Whoever spilled the 6 ounces of pumped milk is a TW. 
  • Options
    My skin is a TW. Completely random, but my skin is so broken out and not the reasonably, small pimples, nooo, I get ginormous, painful cyst-like pimples. Ugh
  • Options
    ekscoppekscopp member
    My LO not pooping is a TW. It's been 9 days and I swear it is making her so cranky. Pedi says she can go up to 10 days as she is EBF. What happens after 10 days?!? And I'm sure when she goes, and the massive explosion that will occur, that too will be a TW.
  • Options
    ekscopp said:
    My LO not pooping is a TW. It's been 9 days and I swear it is making her so cranky. Pedi says she can go up to 10 days as she is EBF. What happens after 10 days?!? And I'm sure when she goes, and the massive explosion that will occur, that too will be a TW.
    10 days! Oh goodness! Poor baby (even if breastmilk is the "perfect" food. He's got to have some backed up in there. Id be cranky too! Good luck!
  • Options
    ekscopp said:
    Rectal thermometer with a little lube or vaseline. Don't need to go deep or "stir things up." Just stimulate the rectum a little. We've had this issue often. We've also had to use glycerin suppositories, but there's usually some protest from LO that happens with that one, so we only do it if we're desperate.
  • Options
    The temperature at work is a TW. The room is temperature controled at 68 degrees which doesn't sound bad but to maintain that temp it's constant cold air pumping in from the ceiling right down on me. I have to wear a hoodie in the summer here.
  • Options
    @ekscopp this actually is normal for a bf baby. I went through it with my first and this baby. After heavy research and talking to the doctor I found out that it means they are absorbing all the nutrients and are not "wasting" them. So maybe your lo is having a growth spurt? But yes you are correct about the explosion that will more than likely arise once they do go! 
  • Options
    Every time the baby farts, the dogs bark. Baby is very gassy today. 
  • Options
    ekscoppekscopp member
    @stephanienjer we tried that! I tired giving her a warm bath, belly massage and putting her in her car seat. Car seat is where she usually goes. 

@tfrangul I have read it was normal too. Did your LOs ever go past 10 days? She has never gone this long! She is also super cranky but could be from something else as she has also been super clingy. I just feel awful for her and am living in fear of when the explosion will happen! 
  • Options
    @ekscopp lol living in fear! I would be too!
    I just learned from a video that there is an optimal "poop" position for babies - almost sitting up and knees up, vs laying down. Maybe that's why your LO goes in the car seat because it's kind of like the best poop position.
  • Options
    ekscoppekscopp member
    @fishee333 while it may be the best position, it's definitely the least convienent! It has always happened in the worst places like the mall or leaving a store. Plus is I have become a pro at changing in the back of the car and now always carry extra wipes and garbage bags! 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @fishee333 that's good info, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    @ekscopp if I remember correctly somewhere between 10-12 days. The most recent was 8 or 9 days. I hope she goes soon to help ease your mind. I just hope it's not in her car seat!  
  • Options
    My body is a TW. I have random idiopathic hives that have something to do with my immune system. I've tried to eliminate foods and other allergens for years with no luck. I got a break when pregnant for some reason (Hormones?) but they showed up this week with no relief!
    Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I didn't have them at all while pregnant, but as soon as DS was out they started up with a vengeance! Always on my arms though, nowhere else. I just want the itching to stop! No amount of lotion does the job... Ugh.
  • Options
    Cricket99 said:
    Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I didn't have them at all while pregnant, but as soon as DS was out they started up with a vengeance! Always on my arms though, nowhere else. I just want the itching to stop! No amount of lotion does the job... Ugh.
    Yes. To this. I haven't went a day without hives since two weeks postpartum. I get them from head to toe. I would love to just go one day without itching like a mad woman. 
  • Options
    TRA0816TRA0816 member
    Cricket99 said:
    Yes. To this. I haven't went a day without hives since two weeks postpartum. I get them from head to toe. I would love to just go one day without itching like a mad woman. 
    I actually take doxepin which is a prescription immune suppression but it probably isn't good if you breastfeed. I also take zyrtec and ranitidine...the mix of those three keep me nunder control but I hate being medicated