1st Trimester

Twin size question

Hi!

I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Last week at their US they measured 5w6d at 6 weeks. Today they measured 6w3d and 6w4d at the 7 week US... My RE said as long as they are within a week and have heartbeats (they do) he's happy- but the numbers still worry me- has anyone been in the same boat?

Re: Twin size question

• your RE is right. there's really nothing at all to be worried about. i didn't have twins, but my little man often measured a week behind & everything was fine. 
  • rperry516 said:
    Hi!

I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Last week at their US they measured 5w6d at 6 weeks. Today they measured 6w3d and 6w4d at the 7 week US... My RE said as long as they are within a week and have heartbeats (they do) he's happy- but the numbers still worry me- has anyone been in the same boat?
    Those measurements can be 3-4 days off. Trust in your RE.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you know exactly when you ovulated? If not, that could easily account for the difference. However, I knew when I ovulated and my baby still measured days ahead at my first u/s. Implantation may not happen at the same time for everyone and of course all people, including babies, are different sizes. No point in worrying about something like this. trust your doctor!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• For first trimester ultrasounds, because they are measuring something so tiny, it's normal to have a range of error of 5-7 days. No need to worry!
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • (I'm lurking...)

Don't worry!! Twins often run a tad bit smaller and measure a little behind. My twins always measured a week to a week and a half behind. They ended up coming early due to some other complications, but they are four months now and super healthy, even though they're small!
  • My twins always measured differently.  Baby A was smaller until 32 weeks and then he ended up being born the bigger baby.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN