TTC After a Loss

HERE I AM ready TTC again..... terrified/excited

Hi ladies,
Usually I see myself in the pregnancy loss section of the community but it looks like I am in the clear to TTC. About 3 months ago I was pregnant and had an ectopic. I had to have ER surgery to remove the pregnancy and was told that the other tube that was not affected is not really in working condition. Prior to this ectopic I have had a successful pregnancy with a healthy 18 month year old daughter. I also have had 4 miscarriges prior to her. So I have been through the ringer with pregnancy in general. I was hoping when my daughter was born even though the pregnancy and delivery was tough that I wouldn't have to worry about MC's anymore (wishful thinking). Then to find out I had an ectopic (right tube was saved but partially damaged and left tube was full of scar tissue I was heartbroken. My thinking is OMG I have always wanted a big family and here I am never going to have kids again. I really thought this through and even with the chance of another ectopic (always something to be worried bout now) and history of multiple MC-- have progesterone on hand this time... I am still dedicated to trying. I have been taking my supplements having my husband take vitamins and ready to go.... Now its just scary all the what if's.. what if it happens again what if it takes a long time like before... I guess I found this group thinking how are you guys feeling...

Re: HERE I AM ready TTC again..... terrified/excited

• hugs and love - I'm so sorry for your losses - I hope your stay here is short, but that said we're pretty awesome here at TTCAL 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hello, welcome. Sorry for your losses; what a wild and terrifying ride. Hope your stay here is helpful and short!
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Loading the player...
  • HexieHexie member
    Hi @Summerk1919, I'm sorry for what you have been through. Trying again after ectopic does take some courage, I can tell. But doctors are required to monitor subsequent pregnancies with early betas and ultrasounds to catch ectopic early, so the likelihood of another surgery is small. In fact, I've seen people here successfully getting pregnant after. Good luck with your journey!
    TTC: Nov 2014
    BFP: Apr 2015 - Ectopic Pregnancy
    TTC: Oct 2015
    My Chart
  • I am so sorry for your losses. I really hope you all the best in your TTCAL journey!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry for your losses. Welcome back to the TTC world! @Hexie is right, if it happens again, they'll be able to catch it quicker this time. Trust in your professionals, but don't be afraid to fight for yourself! 
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. I also had an ectopic a few months back and am hoping to be cleared in the next few weeks ttc. I'm really worried about a second ectopic also so i definitely understand where you are coming from. welcome and best of luck to you.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Sorry for your losses, and welcome to our little part of the internet.
  • I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic. I don't think people understand what a rollercoaster it is and not a fun one. I hope you will be cleared soon and we have eachother to talk to.. don't hesitate to message me... if you don't mind me asking did you have a surgery or methotrexate?
  • I think that you ladies are Great.. I wasn't expecting such open arms <3   I know being here isn't fun and I'm here thinking of each and everyone of you...
  • I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic. I don't think people understand what a rollercoaster it is and not a fun one. I hope you will be cleared soon and we have eachother to talk to.. don't hesitate to message me... if you don't mind me asking did you have a surgery or methotrexate?
    it's a terrible rollercoaster indeed. I was treated with Methotrexate at 8 weeks. it took 5 weeks for my beta to drop to 0, my dr has instructed me to have an HSG immediately following my 2nd post ectopic period. If everything looks ok then I will be cleared. please feel free to message me anytime.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • welcome.  I'm sorry for your losses and history.  We just decided to TTC again after our recent loss and I have the same feelings.  just trying to go with it and focus less on TTC and more on my living children.  We will see how long that lasts but I'm looking forward to this supportive group along the way. Hope your stay is short and sweet.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy