Secondary IF

~~ 2if weekly check in (5/2/16) ~~

Cycle Status

QOTW: Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play?
Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: ~~ 2if weekly check in (5/2/16) ~~

• Cycle Status: CD 20/5dpiui 

QOTW: Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play? Nope not even a little bit! I wish I could play the piano tho! 
  • pdbirdpdbird member
    CD1 - Aunt Flo has moved in for a short stay. Going to call doc and set up next FET for June.

QOTW: I tried to learn guitar, but never stuck with it. I do have a didgeridoo (from Australia) and can play it. I used to be able to really play it, but now it just sits in a corner.  
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • CS: I had #4 today and he has graduated me! No new scarring at all and had an 'easy' sweep of everything. He wants me to have an unmedicated period, then go back to the RE to start IVF treatments. I am praying for a period this month and then I might actually for the first time since we started actually progress toward treatments for a child. I am nervous and excited.

QOTW: I can play a few bars of twinkle twinkle, mary had a little lamb, and every other nursery rhyme that uses the same chords on a few instruments, but that is it. I can sing. Well, I could sing when I was younger, now I can hold a tune, but that is about it.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • HLD3194HLD3194 member

CD8 and AF continues to linger, why? I wish I knew...

QOTW: Nope, always wished I could. I plan on starting my DD on the piano when she is ready. I would love to be able to play the violin, that's always been a dream of mine.

• CD2. AF finally showed up after six weeks! I'm taking another cycle off because I have decided to switch RE's and because I think the cyst is still there that kept me from doing anything last month. The extra time off can only help. Also, I just felt like my doctor wasn't helpful or thorough. She never evaluated my DH after 3 months of medicated cycles without success. We found a new doctor and they run a battery of tests on both partners right away. I'm bummed about skipping another cycle, but I'm hopeful it will pay off in the long run. Fingers crossed!

QOTW: I played the flute for many years, but didn't keep it up after I got out of high school. My mom plays the piano and I wish I would have stuck with the piano lessons she insisted on, but I decided the flute was much better. ha ha