March 2016 Moms
Options

Bringing Baby to Visit Work?

I've told many coworkers that I'd bring my baby for a visit in the spring but as I get closer to visiting I'm kind of dreading it.  Any tips from others who have done this already while on maternity leave?  I'm thinking of wearing her in a Moby so people won't ask to hold her, but it means they won't get a good look at her either which kind of stinks. I wouldn't mind a couple people holding her but I'm really not that close with most coworkers and don't want it to turn into "pass the baby".  My baby is almost one month now (she came late and ended up an April baby) and I'm not as concerned about germs, just uncomfortable with the attention and don't want her stressed out/overstimulated in a noisy school environment.

Re: Bringing Baby to Visit Work?

• Options
    I am struggling with the same decision. My LO will get his 2 month shots next Tues and I am considering taking him after that.
  • Options
    eivaskaeivaska member
    I took my lo in at about a month. I just picked her up myself and didn't offer her to anyone and nobody asked to forcefully to hold her. I also made sure to go when I thought she would be napping. No one wants to wake the sleeping baby 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At almost one month we went to work and I put him in the sling. It worked well for us.
  • Options
    I took DS in to work a couple weeks ago...at an elementary school :O I kept him in the car seat and the kids really only touched his toes. He slept most of the time and never got sick. I wouldn't worry terribly about overstimulation, I've found most people are really quiet around tiny babies. I was more uncomfortable with the attention, like you said. I don't like attention :)

Anniversary

• Options
    katy0990 said:
    I am struggling with the same decision. My LO will get his 2 month shots next Tues and I am considering taking him after that.
    I would wait and see how baby reacts a few hours after getting these shots. My son just got his 2 month shots a week ago and the nurse who administered them told be that one actually burns while being injected. A few hours after getting him home, my son became nearly inconsolable and the baby Tylenol only sort of helped. He was still cranky and didn't sleep much that day.
  • Options
    katy0990 said:
    I would wait and see how baby reacts a few hours after getting these shots. My son just got his 2 month shots a week ago and the nurse who administered them told be that one actually burns while being injected. A few hours after getting him home, my son became nearly inconsolable and the baby Tylenol only sort of helped. He was still cranky and didn't sleep much that day.
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning on taking him later in the week once he has had them.
  • Options
    katy0990 said:
    katy0990 said:
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning on taking him later in the week once he has had them.
    I definitely misinterpreted your plan as taking your baby out the same day after the doctor visit. I really should read more carefully when I'm reading/responding half awake at 7-8 am while I'm still working on my first cup of coffee.
  • Options
    When I took ds1 into work around one month old I just left him in the car seat. Everyone got a good look at him but no one asked me to take him out. If you wear your LO people won't be able to see much without getting all up in your business. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker