Baby Names

Jasper?

I have always loved the name Jasper. Now we are considering it for #4. My issue is I've never cared for alliteration, middle name would be Joseph, & last name starts with a P. What do you think of Jasper Joseph P---?

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

Re: Jasper?

• You rarely will say all three names together and Jasper Peterson, Jasper Phillips, Jasper Patterson etc are fine. Love Jasper!

• I think it's totally fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's fine. Jasper is great.
  • Love it. The alliteration is fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Love Jasper!
  • jenEPjenEP member
    Love. 
  • I don't mind it and you could call him JJ for short. :)
  • Great name!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • I love the name - it was on our short list.

Something I didn't consider when we picked our baby name was that some offices put LO's name in the system with his first name, middle initial, last name. So you may encounter Jasper J. P_____.  That's probably not enough to sway you, but is a consideration for me next time around. (I wouldn't change my kid's name, but I'm not a fan of how his name sounds with just the middle initial vs full mn).
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    Jasper is great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I don't like it on its own or with Joseph. 
  • I love Jasper! That was on our boy list also and was really close to winning out.
  • jasper sounds so pretentious to me
  • I'm godparent to a Jasper, and I love it. I don't think the alliteration with the middle name is a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE!!!  This is one of my top choices.
  • I like it, and there's nothing wrong with the alliteration of Jasper Joseph. But I do think of Jasper and Horace from 101 Dalmatians. 
  • lgalofrelgalofre member
    edited May 2016
    I like Jasper but I don't like it with Joseph

• When I adopted my big tom cat, his name was Jackson which was the name of two of my cousins (different sides of the family) and it was way too close to my name. So we changed it to Jasper.

Later, we made friends with another couple who had a cat named Jasper. Then my vet informed me in idle chatter one day that they probably have like 30 Jaspers (mostly cats, but some dogs). I don't mean to discourage you because I love the name and think it would be adorable on a little boy but apparently it's a pretty common name for pets. 
  • When I adopted my big tom cat, his name was Jackson which was the name of two of my cousins (different sides of the family) and it was way too close to my name. So we changed it to Jasper.

Later, we made friends with another couple who had a cat named Jasper. Then my vet informed me in idle chatter one day that they probably have like 30 Jaspers (mostly cats, but some dogs). I don't mean to discourage you because I love the name and think it would be adorable on a little boy but apparently it's a pretty common name for pets. 
    Well, if I don't get to use it this time I'll probably end up using it for an animal just so I can have one in the family. Haha!

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016