September 2016 Moms
Options

MOMs Check-In 4/25

Good morning everyone. Hoping everyone is having a good Monday and had an even better weekend. :) 

1 - How far along are you?

2 - Rants/Raves?

3 - How are you feeling?

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins ;) )?

5 - Any questions? 

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: MOMs Check-In 4/25

• Options
    SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited April 2016

First, thanks @UnwrittenN12 for posting these threads.  I love hearing from the other MoMs!

1 - How far along are you?  20 weeks!

2 - Rants/Raves?  I have my a/s on Wednesday afternoon.  It's all I've been looking forward to for the last week and now I can hardly stand the wait!

3 - How are you feeling?  Not too bad.  Though I think I'm already starting to waddle.   

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins )?  I feel like I've said this a million times, but my biggest surprise is how pregnant I've felt all along.  I'm 20 weeks and it sometimes feels like I'm close to delivery.  I remember when I was 6 weeks feeling like I was 18 weeks along.  All of the problems that you get later in pregnancy, I've felt so much earlier this time (like swollen ankles and feet) and it always surprises me!

5 - Any questions?   I am definitely going to ask my OB, but I'm taking a quick poll...  Would you travel 6 hours away from home (by car) at 30 weeks pregnant? 

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they?  I have carried some traditions forward and some traditions I've melded with things my DH did growing up.  My mom (or Santa) always got us a Hallmark dated ornament in our stocking every year for Christmas.  My husband, who is German, would make his wish list and leave it in his stocking for St. Nick Eve on December 5 and then the morning of December 6th, Santa would have come and taken the list and left treats.  Now, with our kids, they make their lists, put them in their stocking at night, and in the morning they get PJs, a book, a Christmas movie, their Hallmark dated ornament, some type of toy that they want and some sort of candy or snack.  I think it's traditional to do shoes on St. Nick Eve, but my DH always did stockings and now that's what we do, too. 

• Options
    1 - How far along are you? 18 weeks tomorrow

2 - Rants/Raves? I am so stressed out and just really struggling right now.  We're still trying to sell our house.  The market here apparently favors the sellers but we've had 25 showings and an open house in 3 weeks and no offers.  We're following the recommendations of our realtor but I just feel like somethings not right.  She made it seem like our House would go super quick and we needed to go find a new place right away. So now we have an accepted offer on a house I don't love and still haven't sold ours.  And I have to keep my house spotless for all these effing showings.  With a toddler who doesn't understand and being pregnant and crabby myself.  It just sucks and I can't do it anymore.  I'm really just at my breaking point with this.  I also have another growth ultrasound Wednesday and I get so anxious before them, so that isn't helping.  Overall just things suck and I'm feeling like a crappy mom this week. 

3 - How are you feeling? Tired, heartburn with everything I eat. Hips hurt a lot, feel like I got kicked in the vagina.  It's a bucket of fun right now. 

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins ;) )?  How big I feel and how much things hurt this early.  I think it's a second pregnancy less than two years after my first, combined with twins and not being in top shape when I got pregnant.  

5 - Any questions? Nope

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they? The women in my family make the same kind of Czech cookies each December.  We also have a cabin up north and that's where we spend a lot of time in the summer, so there are a lot of memories up there. 

***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball on the travel question... Maybe? My doc said no travel after 32 weeks, but it seems the rules are different for identical vs fraternal.  Is it for something you are able to make a last minute decision on? 
    ***********************************************************************************************

• Options
    1 - How far along are you? 21 + 2

2 - Rants/Raves? The only kicks I seem to be getting lately are crotch kicks. Granted, at least I'm feeling them move. But ouch!! And, most of the time, it's DD that's doing the crotch kicking. 

3 - How are you feeling? Just having a rough time overall. This pregnancy has been unbelievably draining in every way possible. I guess I didn't realize how hard it is to already have kids and be pregnant on top of it. More than anything, everything has been emotionally draining. When we went to Target on Sunday, DH and I got frappacinos from Starbucks before we started our shopping. DH took the kids to the bathroom real quick and, in that short time frame, I bumped the cart with my belly, my drink ended up on the floor and splattered everywhere (including my pants I found out later) and I about ended up in tears. Over a stupid drink. I'm just feeling 100% the opposite of who I am. It's frustrating because this is supposed to be one of the happiest times in our lives, right? I find that funny considering how I feel anymore.

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins  )? How quickly everything is happening. The swelling has started already, I've had some contractions and I look like I'm way farther along than I am. My OB says it's just that my body already knows what to do this time though.

5 - Any questions? 

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they? My parents always got us ornaments that we opened on Christmas Eve along with presents from siblings and extended family. We've carried that forward. And it's crazy that I already can't put all of our ornaments on the tree! Between all the ones that I got growing up, DH's ornaments and all the ones that the kids have gotten in their 6 years, there's so many! 

@Ssoccerball - I personally would be ok with making the trip if it was something that was important to me. That being said though, last time at 30 weeks I was dilated to a 4, 80% effaced and on bed rest so I was just uncomfortable in general. I agree with @mamadomino in wondering if it's something where you can make a last minute decision. 

@mamadomino - That sounds so crummy. I'm sorry you're going through that. Having to keep the house clean at all times just in case just isn't easy, especially with kids. I remember having to do that when we sold our house. The kids were 4. Ugh. Not fond memories. Crossing my fingers that you guys get a good offer on your house soon!

• Options

I can't say that it's super important to me...My daughter dances and her studio is going to nationals.  They want to know if she wants to perform her solo and it's 6 hours away by car.  The truth is, the more time that goes on, the more unsure I am that I could even sit 6 hours in a car.  I'm having a HORRIBLE time sitting in my chair at work all day.  My butt and back are killing me!!!!

@mamadomino, I'm so sorry about the house stuff.  We moved three years ago, when I had a five year old and a three year old.  Everytime the realtor would call and say that there was a showing, I'd have to race home from work and frantically make the beds or load the dishwasher, because we inevitably forgot to do it that morning.  You're right.  It's draining.  But hopefully you will come to love your new home when you have a chance to decorate it and really make it yours. 

@UnwritteN12, I feel you on the body pains.  Twins is hard on it's own, but I'm also in my late thirties and I think my old person body is rebelling against me.  You're the pro, so it's not like I could give you advice, but make sure you're getting enough rest.  I'm always so much more emotional if I haven't gotten enough sleep. 

I did have something cool happen in the last hour.  I have at least one anterior placenta and I haven't been able to feel a ton of movement.  But, for the first time, the babies were moving at the same time so that I could tell them apart.  One is up high and one is very, very low (read:  kicking the crap out of my VaJayJay) and when I put my hand on my stomach, where the "up high" baby was, I could feel the kick from the outside! 

• Options
    1.  How far along are you?  21+4

2.  Rants/Raves?   Im
    just feeling so emotional over everything, trying to prep with a tight budget, running out of energy to care for my other kiddos so I feel like a terrible mom because I'm just exhausted, tired of the husband complaining about how I don't have any interest in him. Idk. Just generally cranky at everything right now I guess. My patience is so short and throw in being exhausted and I'm not the nicest person to be around right now. 

3.  How are you feeling?  Physically I feel pretty decent. Occasional aches and pains but overall pretty tolerable so far. Still super anxious over the idea of preterm labor too. 

4.  A lot of us are halfway through!  And if you're not, you're close! Yay!  What is something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (Aside from finding out you were having twins
  • Options
    apkdapkd member
    1 - How far along are you?  19 weeks, 4 days

2 - Rants/Raves?  @mamadomino I feel like we are leading parallel lives!  We are also moving because we need more space.  Our house is on the market, and keeping it clean with a 2 year old is not easy.  It's been on less than a month but our realtor was super positive about how quickly we'd sell so it feels like a long time.  We also just recently went under contract on a different house which I'm really excited about, but the thought of carrying 2 mortgages for a while makes me queasy.  It's going to be a tight budget.  Still, I have to remind myself that it hasn't been that long, and we've had some positive responses, and it's still possible for us to have two closings within pretty quick succession. 

Also, my anatomy scan is on Thursday!  I'm excited/scared. 

3 - How are you feeling?  Ugh. Achy. Exhausted.    

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins  )?  How difficult this has been.  I had almost no symptoms the first time around and I didn't anticipate this exhaustion and achiness.  

5 - Any questions?   Nope.

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they?  We're a mixed culture/faith household so we celebrate each of our holidays/rites, although I will say there are many more from my side than his, mostly because he doesn't care much about his beyond Christmas.  Also, my people like to celebrate everything so there are more events to choose from on my side. :wink: We're not wedded to celebrating the holidays the same way as our families have.  However, when I was young, celebrations like Diwali and my cultural new year involved sparklers, and I do plan on keeping that tradition going.  I love sparklers!
  • Options
    apkdapkd member
    @Ssoccerball my ob has tentatively said he'd prefer I not travel long distances past 30 weeks.  If you can decide last minute, it might be worth planning a visit to the doc right before you'd have to go and seeing how you're doing.  Also, can your daughter travel with someone else? 

My own paranoia has convinced me not to leave my city at that point, because I don't want to be far from a good nicu.  But...I'm paranoid this time around, because the twins thing continues to throw me for a loop.  
  • Options
    Thanks, you all, for your input.  I will try to hold out and see.  Her dance teacher has offered to take her, but she's in her twenties, doesn't have kids, and my daughter is only 6.  I'm a little afraid that if my daughter has a freak out and wants a parent, we'll be 6 hours away.  And my husband would have no idea what to do in that setting. 
  • Options

21+3

2 - Rants/Raves?

DH is getting really excited about the babies now.  The look on his face when he feels them move melts my heart and he talks to them and said he loved them for the first time a few days ago (I knew he did before then, but it's the first time he's actually said it). <3

3 - How are you feeling?

Good except for swelling/water retention and what feels like arthritis in my shoulders and hips.  It's probably just my fibromyalgia acting up in new ways, though, since I can't use my medical marijuana during pregnancy (at least not with a clean conscience).

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins)?

How easy it's been!  I was fully prepared for months of misery, but I apparently got very lucky.

5 - Any questions? 

Nope!

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they?

The only tradition our family had was opening one present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day.  I think we'll probably continue that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @apkd I'm sorry you are going through the hell that is moving as well!  The kicker is we're getting a smaller house, just in a different area closer to the job I just took.  I'm not really excited about the house at all.  My husband has grand plans to knock down walls and refinish cabinets and I think he's flipping nuts!  If this house goes through we will close mid June.  He seems to think we have a lot more time than we do. 

• Options

17 1/2 weeks 
    2 - Rants/Raves?
    my body pillow is my BFF!  This is my first pregnancy and my hips/back are already killing me.  Also- heartburn sucks-thank goodness for runs!

3 - How are you feeling?
    Surprisingly-good!  Still pretty tired but otherwise enjoying this journey 

4 - A lot of us are halfway through! And, if you you're not, you're close! Yay! What's been something that has surprised you about this pregnancy (aside from finding out you were having twins  )?
    That I haven't had morning sickness - I have a pretty sensitive stomach & it is actually less sensitive now
    5 - Any questions? 

6 - GTKY - Did you have any traditions with your family (stuff during Thanksgiving, the Holidays, Summertime, etc.) as a kid that you will (or currently do) carry forward? What are they?  We always did stockings the month leading up the Christmas so I'd love to do that.  & im just excited to see holidays through a child's eyes again 
  • Options
    We had another growth scan and both babies look great!  They are measuring on track and are both 8 oz.  They are 6% discordant right now (which is good, they worry at 20%) and no evidence of twin to twin transfusion so far.  And confirmed we are still team PINK! 

• Options
    apkdapkd member
    @mamadomino I'm sorry you're not excited about the new house, that definitely makes moving a lot tougher.  On the other hand, at least it's closer to your new job! Also, congrats on the new job!  

I obviously have no idea what your house looks like but knocking down walls and refinishing cabinets may be doable.  We almost put an offer in on a house we weren't excited about in its existing state, and our big plan involved moving some walls and updating cabinets to make it something we could be happy with.  I think it can make a big difference, and it wasn't going to be too expensive or time-consuming as long as there was no ductwork in the walls.  Is your husband planning on doing it himself? 

• Options
    @mamadomino - So glad to hear that! I can't remember if your girls are identical or not....

• Options
    @UnwritteN12 yes they are identical, which is why we have so many growth scans! 

@apkd yes he's planning on doing it himself which worries me.  It took us a month to do the work here to get it ready to sell, and we weren't moving walls or refinishing floors.  And I really don't want to live in a messy construction zone when I'm trying to get ready for these kids! 

• Options
    apkdapkd member
    @mamadomino glad to hear you had a positive growth scan!  I totally hear you on not wanting to live in a construction zone.   I hope whatever you do works out well!   
  • Options
    Thanks @apkd

Has anyone had their fundal height measured yet? I had a regular ob appt at 18+3 today and was surprised my ob pulled out the measuring tape.  I'm measuring 23 weeks now. 

• Options
    @mamadomino       I did at my 16w appt and I was measuring at 20w.  & I definitely feel like I am showing that way ;)