BFP #2 2/18/16

Re: Friday Ticker Change 4/29

• Options
    How many weeks along are you?
    15!

How big is baby?
    Orange, canary, eclair, multi-tool

Upcoming appointments?
    Not for a while, but I did just schedule my 20-week ultrasound (for June 7) and am excited about that.

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    The midwife said that nursing would begin to hurt less as I got into the second trimester. The midwife is a filthy liar.

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?
    When people ask for ideas/help online and other people start flooding them with answers that are either not what they're looking for or so obvious that of course the asker already thought of that. For example: a message board thread wherein a librarian asked for suggestions for mystery series her library should acquire, and immediately posters began going "You heard of this chick Agatha Christie? How about this obscure little series named after letters of the alphabet?"
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    How many weeks along are you? 14

How big is baby? A peach, according to TB.

Upcoming appointments? I just had one last week, so I'm good for another month.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm finally feeling good. No more morning sickness except when I do a difficult workout. It's really making it difficult to stay motivated! I went to the gym this morning, and doing some of the exercises I was fine, but others I guess I pushed myself too hard (even though I was using much lighter weight than pre-preg) and by the end of a set, I felt like I was going to throw up.

Come to think of it...I hadn't had breakfast yet. So, maybe that's the issue. Glad I could work this out on my own...in front of all of you. lol

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve? I *HATE* the sound and sight of someone rubbing their hand on carpet. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard for me. If something is spilled on our carpet, I have to leave the room and DH has to handle.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you?  16 weeks!

How big is baby?  He is the size of an avocado.

Upcoming appointments? 5/4/16, cervical length check and ultrasound.  I am also going to be checked to see how my cerclage is looking post-op.  Doc says if all looks well, he thinks I will be fine to announce my baby on the way.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I absolutely hate going any period of time without being able to see my son or hear his heartbeat.  I want to know every day that things are ok.  

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  I wouldn't say it is funny, but, I do not have many pet peeves.  I cannot stand people who spit.  If I am walking in or out of a store, or simply just out somewhere and see or hear someone hock a loogie, it takes all I am not to throw up or make a comment to them.  I've been this way all my life.  I cannot stand it.
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you? 17 weeks! Holy cow.

How big is baby? According to TB, and onion? 

Upcoming appointments? We have the anatomy scan next Thursday and will find out the sex of our LO!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am SOOO ready to feel this baby move. As a FTM, I am worried that I haven't already. Except I know, it could be another week or two.

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  I absolutely cannot stand the sound of chewing and food. It LITERALLY makes me want to vomit!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

14 weeks

How big is baby?
    A peach

Upcoming appointments? 
    Monthly check up is coming up at 16 weeks and then anatomy scan in June

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Still feeling rather queasy. I was hoping it would go away this time, but the first time I was pregnant, I was sick the entire 9 months :(

I really dislike when people can't make up their minds or voice their opinions. Whenever I hang out with my cousin, I get super ragey because I'll ask her what she wants to have for lunch and she always says, "whatever you want." Or I'll ask her what she wants to do and she says, "whatever you feel like doing." It drives me absolutely up the wall. Great. Now I'm kinda mad thinking about it. Hahahah

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you? 14! Second tri for reals now!

How big is baby? Peach, or troll doll. 

Upcoming appointments? I have a quick belly check next Wednesday, then nothing again until the anatomy scan in June! I feel so cut loose after all the labs and check ups in the first tri. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am finally starting to feel better! Knock on wood that the feeling sticks around. 

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  Its not really a funny one, but people trying to have a conversation with me while I'm reading. Just no, come back when I put down the book or suffer my death glare. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you? 17 weeks!

How big is baby?  The size of a large McDonald's fry or a pomegranate

Upcoming appointments? Not until 20w for ob

Rants/Raves/Questions: My city has a HUGE rummage sale every year.  400+ houses participate, food and vendors, 38 years running, and all within a 3sq mile section of town.  I just got back home with 4 HUGE bags of maternity wear.  All for only $60

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  People *cough* husbands...  who reach OVER the trash can with the empty toilet paper roll to set it on the counter edge.  Just as your reaching... drop it .  less work.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @TheMillerHighLife , do NOT go to China.  I've been twice, once to Shanghai, and another time to Beijing and people were spitting EVERYWHERE.  I'm not going back ever again, because of the hacking and spitting.  Ugh.  Nope.

- I'm in between 16 and 17. :)  Doctor changed my official DD to 10/11, but since I started out with this board as my ticker change day being Friday, I'd like to stick to this ticker day change. :)

How big is baby? - An eclair! :)

Upcoming appointments? - I just came from my appointment with my OB.  She sent me to get bloodwork for 2nd tri, then gave me paperwork for my anatomy scan to be scheduled in 2 weeks. Yay!  So far so good, she wasn't that concerned about the weight loss/no gain.  She asked me to monitor how many calories I was eating and to make sure I was getting around 1500-1700 a day.  

She also clarified some workout questions I had.  Told me I was good to keep exercising on my back and doing planks till 20weeks.  But no more abs or planks after 20.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: - After my doctor's appointment and blood draw, I had an hour left to kill before going back to work, so I was a good girl and hurried to pilates class and I'm so glad I went.  Weekend, I'm ready for ya!!!

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve? - Hmmm, I really really cannot stand it when people make my coffee for me, and just stir the sugar with 3 little stirs, and then that's it.  In my head I'm thinking "that sugar hasn't dissolved!  stir it 20 more times, or just give me the damn teaspoon!"
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you? 17 weeks! This pregnancy is finally starting to speed up a little bit! I can't believe I am 17 weeks now!

How big is baby? The size of a pomegranate! This week I have been feeling a lot more movement! Still not all the time, but definitely an increase! :)

Upcoming appointments? I had one Monday for 16 weeks. I have my next one in 2 weeks and 6 days (counting down the days!) for our anatomy scan! It would have been a week later, but my Dr will be on vacation the next week! :D I am so excited!!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I really thought I would stop feeling so tired this far into my pregnancy. I have a few days of motivation, but still feel overly tired and unmotivated! Ugh. Raves are finally having an official date to find out that baby M #2 is growing and healthy, and if it's a boy or a girl! I am sooooo anxious and want to know now, but it helps now knowing when it is going to happen! 

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve? It's probably not really funny, just what popped in my head and seems appropriate for the topic. I absolutely cannot stand people making comments about my stomach. It literally just makes me want to curl up and hide, or run away! I couldn't stand it with my first pregnancy, and can't this time either. I am pretty short, and last baby was almost 10lbs. I was freaking huge. My mom would always make comments to people that I would hear like "She just looks so much bigger because she is so short" I took it to mean thatI really do look as huge as I feel! I'm 17 weeks and am showing much sooner this time, and it makes me so self conscious because I am much more overweight this pregnancy. People are already making comments that I am starting to pop, and it's all being friendly, but I really cannot stand it, and it makes me terribly self conscious and uncomfortable, because I just feel like I look fat and like poo. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks along are you? 17 weeks! 2nd trip is going by wayyyy faster than 1st tri!

How big is baby? Pomegranate or chipmunk!

Upcoming appointments? Just had one today, got to hear baby's heartbeat and it sounds great!  Apparently I'm measuring on time too.  2.5 weeks and I finally have another sono! First time since 8 weeks! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I feel like I'm gaining weight nonstop, every day the scale goes up! My doc says its normal but I worry it'll really add up by the end.  Otherwise I'm feeling good and excited for our baby moon to Las Vegas on Thursday! Still waiting to feel the baby move, it hasn't happened yet (or I haven't recognized it).

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  I like to always have the throw pillows on the couch fluffed up and in the right place.  It's kind of futile, but it makes me happy when they're just right! 
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    How many weeks along are you? 17 weeks! 

How big is baby? A pomegranate. 

Upcoming appointments? May 3 hear the heartbeat and May 20, first and only ultrasound!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I want to feel baby move. I am a first time mom and always concentrate to figure out if I can feel anything. So far, no luck. 

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  I hate hearing someone eat bananas. Ha. 
  • Options
    Um, so just realized I started this thread yesterday and never answered.  Whoops!  I'll blame preggo brain.

14 weeks!  Officially in second tri by all counts.

How big is baby? A beet, a troll doll, maybe a lemon .  .  . none of the apps seem to agree this week.

Upcoming appointments? Uggggh.  Supposed to have a monthly appointment and ultrasound on Thursday.  But I just realized I have a big work meeting then that I don't think I can get out of.  So I may have to do some rescheduling Monday morning.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  See above re: appointments.

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve?  I hate toilet paper mounted under instead of over.  Drives me crazy.

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    How many w
    eeks along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? a peach

Upcoming appointments? in 10 days I have a regular check up and the second part of the blood work associated with my NT scan (which was normal, yay!) and then anatomy scan early June.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Not really a rant or rave, but as the anatomy scan gets closer, I am more and more undecided about finding out the gender. We did not find out with DS and this time I sort of want to know and my hubby is thinking he doesnt want to know. For now we are team green again, but I feel more unsure about it this time (mostly because if it's not a boy Id like to be rid of all the hand me downs Ive kept)

GTKY: What's your funniest pet peeve? cant stand the sound of chewing. at. all.
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • Options
    Sorry I am responding so late - spent Friday in tropical infectious diseases clinic until DH was released with a negative malaria test... 

How big is baby?
    Avocado 
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Next appointment on May 10, then anatomy scan on June 7
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Why is my anatomy scan not until 22 weeks?!  And of course now I don't want to change it because DH planned his travel schedule around it and will be in Africa the two weeks prior. Kicking myself for not realizing sooner. 
    hmm, I don't have any funny ones. What has really been bothering me lately is people who smoke while walking or while at the bus stop. I CAN'T AVOID YOUR CANCEROUS STINK!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    Sorry I am responding so late - spent Friday in tropical infectious diseases clinic until DH was released with a negative malaria test... 

How big is baby?
    Avocado 
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Next appointment on May 10, then anatomy scan on June 7
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Why is my anatomy scan not until 22 weeks?!  And of course now I don't want to change it because DH planned his travel schedule around it and will be in Africa the two weeks prior. Kicking myself for not realizing sooner. 
    hmm, I don't have any funny ones. What has really been bothering me lately is people who smoke while walking or while at the bus stop. I CAN'T AVOID YOUR CANCEROUS STINK!
    I have actually read that a later anatomy scan is better. Because they are more developed and can get more of the measurements that they need. Doesn't make it any easier to wait thought! My first child my anatomy scan was at 19 weeks, and had to come back at 23 weeks for another because they couldn't see everything they needed to see. This one is at 19 weeks 6 days, so we will see!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker