December 2016 Moms

Babies close together?

Hello ladies! Just found out earlier this week that I'm expecting...again. I just had DH & I's first child, a daughter October 10th, 2015. She's the light of our life but this is totally unexpected. I was on the depo shot at the time of conception. My babies will only be 14 months apart! Anyone else have children very close in age?

Re: Babies close together?

• Me! My first was born 10/30/2015. This was an unexpected blessing for us as well. Is your LO STTN? Mine is not and I'm soooo exhausted. I hope she starts soon.
  • My first two are about a year apart. This is baby 4 & I'll have 4, 4 & under :) you can do this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Olive, you're amazing! 

Mine aren't that close but my first two are 16 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd will be 20 months apart. So 3 within 3 years. It was a little tough to get my oldest to understand that I have to pick the baby up and not her. Baby wearing helped a ton at the beginning. I have a k-tan. Once I got the baby into a routine, I could spend her nap times doing quality things with my oldest. Then I potty trained my oldest so my diaper count went down! 
  • Our daughter was born 8/26/15, so they will be 16 months apart. Definitely a surprise for us too!  And she is definitely not STTN yet. It is a goal over the next 8 months...
  • L was born 8/5/15 so he and this one will be ~17 ish months apart. Exciting and terrifying.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Steph1673Steph1673 member
    edited April 2016
    Yes! #2 and #3 will be 17 months apart to the day/due date. Very unexpected, but very welcome. It took us two years to conceive #2 with help so conceiving on my very first postpartum cycle wasn't even on my radar!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Can't speak from experience, but everyone I know tries to put at least 2 years between their kids. Personally, I want to have my kids be as close in age as possible for a few reasons (out of the diaper stage faster, can do more of the same types of activities/play with the same toys/play together, the various stages of chaos will start/end at the same time.) I see lots of benefits to spacing them out in age too though.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• @doodleoodle Absolutely not hahahah. She's a sassy little one & I am so tired! Plus DH works nights so he is essentially no help in the mornings lol!!
  • My first two are 17 months apart to the day. I love it. It was definitely challenging for the first 6 months but you'll get through it. I second the suggestion of baby-wearing. That was immensely helpful when baby needed to be held and toddler needed hands-on attention. I also worked really hard to get them on the same nap/bedtime schedule. Once that happened life got exponentially easier. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @AliveaG @bickley13 I'm selfishly glad that I'm not alone! My LO won't even sleep unless I'm touching her. At her next wellness check up I think I'm going to ask the pedi about gentle sleep training. I feel bad, but seriously, me getting no sleep can't be good for the bean, or me!
  • @AliveaG @bickley13 I'm selfishly glad that I'm not alone! My LO won't even sleep unless I'm touching her. At her next wellness check up I think I'm going to ask the pedi about gentle sleep training. I feel bad, but seriously, me getting no sleep can't be good for the bean, or me!
    Try the no cry sleep solution, good book!
  • My daughter and baby will be 20 months apart. It took almost 2 years to conceive DD so we figure when she turned one in March we'd start trying... Well it took exactly one time this go around. So we planned to get pregnant just didn't expect it so soon. But we are over the moon excited!
  • OliveP27 said:
    @AliveaG @bickley13 I'm selfishly glad that I'm not alone! My LO won't even sleep unless I'm touching her. At her next wellness check up I think I'm going to ask the pedi about gentle sleep training. I feel bad, but seriously, me getting no sleep can't be good for the bean, or me!
    Try the no cry sleep solution, good book!
    I will! Thanks :) 
  • I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a two year old. We are pregnant with our 4th child. My 3 and 2 year old are exactly 12 months apart! It's tough sometimes but you can do it!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pattysvpattysv member
    That's awesome! I also will be having babies close in age, 15 months apart!!! 
    I have a question though, are your boobs as sore as with the first baby? Mines aren't! Haven't been at all and is freaking me out a bit...
  • Mine aren't sore at all @pattysv
  • Mine are also not sore or larger. I just weened a couple weeks ago so I wonder if that's part of it
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • I'm in the same boat! My son was born 10/4/15, so they'll be 14 months apart. We are super excited, but I'll admit I'm a bit nervous.
  • My first two are 14 months apart. I'm pregnant with my third now, and my second and third will be 18 mo apart. I love having them close in age. They are best friends!
  • Yep. I have a two year old and a 7 month old.  When this baby arrives, I will still have a two year old and then a one year old. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had my son in August, and I'm due in December! They will be about 16 months apart! Not too unexpected, I was ready for another baby!!!! Nothing better than being a mommy :) 
  • Due at the end of the year. At that time I'll have 2 under 2 yrs old
  • Kbchavez23Kbchavez23 member
    edited May 2016
    My daughter was born 6/9/15 and this one is due 12/8/16. They will be about 18 months apart
  • My daughter was born 12/27/15, now due this December with #2. Completely unexpected and nervous but excited!
  • My daughter was born 12/27/15, now due this December with #2. Completely unexpected and nervous but excited!
    You win! Lol Your babies are the closest. ;)