November 2015 Moms
Options

period weirdness

how long does it take to get back to normal? I'm 18 weeks pp, and still not normal. Had my period 4 times so far, (lasted 1.5 weeks twice), (lasted over 2 weeks) and am having it again now, the most recent time between was only 1 week from finish of the last one to the start of this one. what gives? besides the fact that I bled for 5 weeks right after he was born. they are pretty heavy at times too. what can I do? Is there anything that will help? I'm so sick of freakin bleeding it's insane.

Me: 35, healthy

DH: 35, male IF

Married 6 years on Feb  27th 2016. TTC since we got married.

Were going to go the adoption route, but decided to try IVF with donor embryos once or twice.

After 5 years of waiting, hoping, researching, doctors, etc we tried the procedure.

DS was born on 11-24-15!!

Re: period weirdness

• Options
    I'm basically in the same boat as you and have no answer on how to help it stop. I had my period 3 weeks straight moderate/heavy bleeding every day. It stopped for 3 days and it came back for 2 weeks and counting. I think part of my problem is that I got the implanon implant and heard this is kind of common. I'm so sick of bleeding too! Sorry I'm not much help but at least you know you're not alone. 
  • Options
    Same here. I'm all over the place. I'm on the mini-pill, so I think that's at least partly to blame. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. I bled 2 1/2 weeks pp and haven't had a period since. I BF and my LO turns 5 months next week.
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. I bled 2 1/2 weeks pp and haven't had a period since. I BF and my LO turns 5 months next week.
    Ditto
  • Options
    it's very good to know I'm not alone. I'm not on the pill at all and also not breast feeding since my boy had a problem with it(and also has a sensitivity to lactose) I was, however, on fertility medication to help me get pregnant and keep the pregnancy. I wonder if that's part of my problem.. am I going to be bleeding for a million years now? I don't know how it works after the baby comes with that medication in my body.

Were going to go the adoption route, but decided to try IVF with donor embryos once or twice.

After 5 years of waiting, hoping, researching, doctors, etc we tried the procedure.

• Options
    it's very good to know I'm not alone. I'm not on the pill at all and also not breast feeding since my boy had a problem with it(and also has a sensitivity to lactose) I was, however, on fertility medication to help me get pregnant and keep the pregnancy. I wonder if that's part of my problem.. am I going to be bleeding for a million years now? I don't know how it works after the baby comes with that medication in my body.

• Options
    I've been dealing with bleeding, too. I went to the gynecologist and she thinks it's a hormonal imbalance and took me off the mini pill and started me on a low dose estrogen containing bc. But now in addition to bleeding, my breast milk production has slowed tremendously. I've only been on the new bc for a week. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow and asking what the dangers of me stopping all bc would be because my son getting his milk is far more important to me than not having the bleeding. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had this with my first child.  The birth control was causing the bleeding.  It was awful.  With my second I got a non hormone implant and that worked well for me.  Now I'm just not on anything and my period is normal.  I suggest you speak with your ob about options.  Any hormonal imbalance can cause this so maybe it is from the fertility treatments or maybe not.  Good luck,  hope it gets better soon.  
  • Options
    The depo shot caused me to bleed non stop.  At the three month mark I went back to the doctor who assured me it was a one time thing and wouldn't happen if I got the second shot.  I bled for another 6 months. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    oooonerooooner member
    My period hasn't been regular since giving birth either...  not even close.  I first got my period at 13 weeks post-partum, but my second period didn't come until about 8 weeks later.  I am not on any birth control so I cannot blame extra hormones.  That was my first pregnancy so I don't have any experience but from the comments here and other places on the web, it seems normal to have issues.