October 2016 Moms

Monday BITCHFEST (2 May)

kmolleltzkmolleltz member
edited May 2016 in October 2016 Moms
Since this hasn't been  posted in weeeeeeeeeeeeeks and I'm a good 7-10 hours ahead of almost everyone I guess I'll just get this started.

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday BITCHFEST (2 May)

• It's MONDAY already! Ugh. That is all.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• It's my first day back to work after last week's ordeal, but my blood count is still so low I can barely make it through a 20 minute grocery store trip without feeling dizzy and sitting down. I'm not looking forward to a 9 hour shift or how I'm going to feel after that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This pregnancy has made my mom lose her damn mind. She freaked out on Friday because she hadn't heard from me. She called me 3 times, texted, texted my husband, and called my sister who was on vacation at the time. I'm 33 years old and live in another state. I was at happy hour and my phone was in my purse.  She also just informed me that she's staying with me for a month after the baby is born, which is news to me.  It's like 1/4 sweet and 3/4 insane. 
  • Someone decided that we should run two calendars this month instead of one, each with the usual number of cases, and we're gonna intersperse the court dates so that you never really know why you're there and where you are. On top of that, some notices were wrong and some corrected notices were wrong in different ways. So I don't know who will show up when. Hot. Mess.

In addition my pants no longer fit. 
  • I'm apparently allergic to my wedding ring all of a sudden? I've broken out in a terrible rash just were the band is and it's gross looking and itchy and sore.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • HWells920 said:

I swear, Tylenol is the biggest false advertiser in the world! I am so sick of these headaches with Tylenol being the only thing I'm allowed to take, and not getting any relief from said headaches! I hate you Tylenol and your false hope. :s

I'm in the same boat. I haven't even taken any because I know it's not going to do anything.

kmolleltz said:
    I'm apparently allergic to my wedding ring all of a sudden? I've broken out in a terrible rash just were the band is and it's gross looking and itchy and sore.
    ME TOO! I thought my hands were just dry so I've been moisturzing like crazy but under my band it's all red and irritated. So weird.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• This happened this weekend, but I'm still annoyed about it.

Saturday was my husband's birthday and while we're out getting his Waffle House birthday breakfast I start to notice that my left jaw is feeling kinda funny. Then it really starts to hurt. Then I touch the area and it's outrageously swollen and painful. Then a few seconds later the left side of my face starts to go numb and tingly. The numbness thing really freaks us out, so we decide to go to a freestanding ER down the street and see a doc.

She tells us that it could be a couple of things, but that I likely have a stone blocking my saliva duct on that side. So if I suck on sour candy and drink lots of water to make my mouth salivate I should eventually pass the stone. Okay, it's not life threatening, whew.

But now it's Monday and my mouth and jaw feel 100% fine and I'm annoyed because I am now going to get a bill for the ER for her to basically tell me to just wait it out, which I could've just done without the doc and felt fine today anyway. On top of that and my husband needing to get a medical exam for his green card process, which the lady at the doctor's office said insurance won't cover, we're going to be short on money this month due to medical issues. And we have a trip to South Carolina planned on Memorial Day weekend to visit a friend, so there goes even more money.

Ugh. Why can't I be a famous writer making millions off my beloved teen-fiction series or something?

Pregnancy Ticker

• I own a business with my father and my brother.  I'm sick of not being in the "Boys' Club".  I have no voice and when I do speak up, you'd think I was completely incompetent.  Ironically, I'm the only one around here who is doing things to make the business better and not do things half-assed.  Seriously considering going back to school in the fall for my CPA.  Miserable.
  • I seriously hate one of my co-workers. We used to be friends, but I've learned over the years she's one of those fake friends who is nice to your face but you can't trust worth anything. Well anyways I'm starting to try and figure out my potential maternity leave and when I'll return to work (I'm a professor at a university), as it will affect the classes I teach. I asked her to pick up TWO, yes TWO, of my lectures and she told me no. I seriously am in shock, although I shouldn't be. I knew she wouldn't help. I just can't imagine...I've done this before for other people and I cant' believe she is so selfish. Oh, I should also add these are lectures she's done before, so she already has everything prepared.
  • @bamacoop and @HWells920 emergency room bills totally suck. Last pregnancy I went in on the weekend for a really severe sinus infection which caused me to pass out at midnight one night, and they told me they could do nothing since I was pregnant. They wanted to give me a Tylenol, and I said "no thanks, I have Tylenol at home," so they literally did nothing, and the bill for 20 minutes was $500. I was in disbelief. 
  • @kmolleltz and @MRSCORKER I developed an allergy to my rings after wearing them for over a year (non-pregnant). A couple things I found that helped: They are white gold so I went ahead and got them redipped. Also, I take them off A LOT more than I used to: such as at night, when I shower, anytime I put lotions or anything on, and when I workout. It has basically cleared up the issue! Just some ideas for you ladies to try. 
  • I'm really hoping the bill isn't that bad. I went in this past November/December for a back issue I had (one day I just laid down and then couldn't get back up). I saw the doctor for a while, got a steroid shot and a pain reliever shot (ha! "pain reliever" my ass) and everything, and the total was less than $200 I think. I'm not sure if it is the ER I'm using (it's a freestanding ER affiliated with a medical school in the city) or if it's my insurance, but I'm hoping since I didn't get shots or anything that this visit will also be $200 or less.

I guess we'll see in the next week or two when the bill comes.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm seriously annoyed because it's been SO difficult to find a mohel that will perform a bris for the baby!  We found several who will ONLY perform the bris if we both are Jewish...but since I'm not, they can't perform.  Ugh.  Back to the drawing board.  
  • ugh the wedding ring allergy situation is horrendous. 

also so don't people know to give you a one stall buffer in a public bathroom???? preggo belly issues lady MOVE IT 
  • kmolleltz said:
    I'm apparently allergic to my wedding ring all of a sudden? I've broken out in a terrible rash just were the band is and it's gross looking and itchy and sore.
    I had that happen to me about a year ago. One day my rings were fine, the next day they weren't. Had to get whole new rings in platinum. 
  • Well I was at work for a whole hour and a half before my nose let loose, I'm back at the ER hoping it stops. How the hell can I work if my nose is just going to bleed all the time?! So annoyed!
  • I'm one of those people who believes you should put your spouse before your kids. I don't think I can be a good parent if my relationship with my husband is 't 100% solid. Well I just got lectured on how I only feel that way because my son is not my biological son and was told  that will change after the baby comes. And if it doesn't, I'm a terrible mother because my child should be number one. I don't know if I was more pissed off at the implication that I don't love my son as much as I'll love my baby or that I'm a terrible mother.

Also, I had some time to kill before picking my son up from school so I stopped at Noodles & Co. Ordered my usual without thinking....and realized after I was done inhaling it that it's cooked with wine. Considering it came up within 5 minutes, I doubt all the alcohol cooked off. I'm sure it'll be fine this once, but I'm annoyed with myself. I usually double check all ingredients before ordering something. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @nataliemaephotography Oh no, not again! Hopefully they will get the bleeding stopped quickly and figure out a way to help!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @nataliemaephotography - So sorry to hear you're back in the ER with your nose.. That's just got to suck, and I'm sorry about that.

@bamacoop - I'm sorry about the green card stuff and bills.. I totally get that.  My husband and I went through the entire process from VWP to Citizenship, so I can commiserate with you about all the paperwork and forms that have to be filled out.  I'm not looking forward to all the forms we have to fill out to have our wedding (from 2009) recognized and our baby's UK citizenship to be completed.
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited May 2016
    @nataliemaephotography I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! How crazy! I hope it resolves soon!

My second MBF today... I REALLY, REALLY want a cookie or a cupcake or something along those lines. I'm contemplating going into the break room and getting something ridiculously awful for me but I'm trying to figure out how to do it without people seeing me because they don't need to know I have no self control. 

Update: Just secretly devoured a pack of pop tarts and now I feel super guilty and gross. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• My lunch was a total fail.  I had to go to the dentist so on the way back I stopped at a burrito place I've liked before.  It was TERRIBLE.  The rice wasn't fully cooked, the hot sauce was too hot, I paid extra for white meat chicken and the chicken wasn't white meat, and apparently I've developed an aversion to one of the vegetables in it that I didn't know about it before.  BOOOOOOOO.  And it's pouring outside so I'm not going to go get soaking wet to buy something else.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • simcal18 said:
    My lunch was a total fail.  I had to go to the dentist so on the way back I stopped at a burrito place I've liked before.  It was TERRIBLE.  The rice wasn't fully cooked, the hot sauce was too hot, I paid extra for white meat chicken and the chicken wasn't white meat, and apparently I've developed an aversion to one of the vegetables in it that I didn't know about it before.  BOOOOOOOO.  And it's pouring outside so I'm not going to go get soaking wet to buy something else.

Food disappointment is the worst disappointment! I'm so sorry!
  • It's currently 79 degrees in my office. Even though it's set on 73. Only one person knows how to work our thermostat and she is always cold. Pregnant lady isn't gonna be able to handle this all summer!!!

Excuse me while I sit directly in front of my fan for the last half hour of the day. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Anyone else dealing with a super fake mother in law. She has never been involved with my other two kids even though they are her son's kids too, she wasn't even there during any of my hospital time when I had my second son she didnt even see  him for the forst two months when we live less then an hour away but least twice a year on the other Side of the country she  will visit her other son who until this august is childless. Now she is acting like she is going to be her the whole pregnancy and buy things for the baby and blah blah blah. Worst part my husband believes her every time. 
  • @JamieK1882 Doesn't it seem like it's the same people who already do everything? I hate asking them to pick up my classes but the other people are just hopeless and useless. So far I have three out of five classes covered. I need to get on scheduling the others (meeting with the Dean on Wednesday!) but ugh I hate asking so much.

• I went to McDonald's to get a hot fudge sundae and cinnamelts and found out they don't have cinnamelts any more! So after checking online, I went with my melting sundae to Burger King nearby to get a cinnamon roll. In the end neither tasted how I had in mind, plus I don't like taking the soft-serve "risk" for no good reason....ugh
  • @UponAStar16 I take the soft serve risk for a chik-fil-a cone. Best $1 I could possibly spend. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I always forget that soft serve is on the naughty list. I break that bad boy a few times a week. Yum. 

My bitch is still our road construction. It just sucks, and I hate the inconvenience and safety issues. Today I had to walk through parked tractors and cars picking their own way through the gravel road, while carrying home groceries and keeping DD out of harms way. Then there is the matter of stepping over the rope in front of our house. Pregnant me is NOT as limber as prepregnant me. I might beef it going over that damn rope one of these days. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • On my way to the grocery store I realized I hadn't eaten in 4 hours. Grocery shopping while hungry is a sure-fire way to blow the food budget for the week. There is a Jack in the Box across the parking lot from the grocery store so I stop and DS and I get lunch (which was delish). I snap a picture of us eating lunch and send it to DH (he likes to see what we're up to throughout the day). Grocery shopping goes splendidly and I even come in under budget. Fast forward to this evening. He proceedes to bitch me out because we ate JITB and went on and on about how nasty it is, etc. Fine. I'll grocery shop hungry next time and obliterate the food budget. Ass. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kmolleltz Your life and stories always fascinate me. When I think about your days in comparison to mine it just blows my mind really. Just the sound of that journey sets off thoughts my motion sickness (and that's when I'm not pregnant!) I would be so insanely perturbed with people talking about me while I know what they are saying. I've had that happen here on the T with people speaking Spanish, not knowing I could understand every word.
  • Yeah I had no idea we were supposed to avoid soft serve ice cream. Oops. I'm assuming McDonalds milkshakes use soft serve ice cream? Lol