3rd Trimester

Nesting

edited February 2016 in 3rd Trimester
Has anyone else been experiencing that nesting thing everyone talks about? 

Re: Nesting

• I have the urge to clean and organize but I'm on bedrest so it might just be that I need something to do but can't. 
  • I organized DS's summer clothes and put away his 3T things last night. Figured I wouldn't want to do it later! And whenever I clean stuff I've been cleaning the crap out of it- not just my normal lazy get-it-done job. For example, I didn't just wipe the bathroom down with Lysol wipes last week, I scrubbed it with bleach! My MIL is going to stay with us for a week and I don't want her to be horrified at my bathroom if she offers to clean it. Or the kitchen drawers...the tops of the doors...the baseboards...the microwave...behind the microwave...

So yeah. I'd say nesting has been in full swing this entire trimester. 

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a organized person anyway and always have been. It's almost a bit extreme but everything I own has a place. I can't stand clutter or dust but lately I've been re-organizing things and wiping down items I usually don't on my Sunday cleaning day. It's like I can't help it !! 
    It's hard because I can't get as much done at once as I used to. 
  • It comes and goes. Some weekends I am an organizing cyclone. Some weekends I don't leave the couch. Unfortunately I have been in couch mode a lot more than organizing/cleaning mode recently.

cat fail animated GIF

• I am not usually an organized person. But I have been working like crazy cleaning, decluttering, and rearranging the house. I am slowing down a bit and getting more tired now, but there is still so much left I want to do! I'm hoping I have the energy tomorrow to finish up another room. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I was in hyper nesting mode for the entire month of January... Now I could
    care less and my house is seriously suffering for it... Hopefully the nesting bug kicks in again soon. 35weeks today, and I have quite a bit to
    do around here. Bed is so much nicer though! >.>
  • It comes and goes for me. I'm 39 weeks with baby #3. I also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old who suck the energy right outa me most days. 
  • Yes. Once I start cleaning, I must clean everything.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• yep. been feeling the nesting urge since day one.
  • I somehow ended up painting my whole kitchen when the plan was to touch-up a windowsill. Nesting is definitely at fault! 
  • I feel almost out of control once I start cleaning and organizing.  I've cleaned out every closet, drawer, cabinet and plan on tackling the garage soon.  Nesting is probably my favorite thing about pregnancy...normally I don't even notice the clutter accumulating.  I hope I can keep it up until the birth but I may run out of steam soon :/  
  • I desperately want to clean and organize but I'm not supposed to be doing anything (bed rest) and when I start to do anything I end up in pain for hours. Ugh. I'm typically a messy, unorganized person, and we are in the long process of moving (we moved earlier than expected because of a medical issue with our cat, so our old place isn't remotely packed up, and our rooms here are in disarray). I want to use this surge of needing to nest but can't. So frustrating.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • I had it bad from like 6 months until 2 weeks before I went in to labor. Even repainted half the house. And then me and Netflix reacquainted ourselves and nothing got done until the day before I went in to labor and I had this overwhelming desire to get the house spotless and rewash all the guest linens.  
  • I had a few super productive days where I felt like I literally could NOT stop cleaning and organizing in 2nd Tri, but I really need it to come back. I've been too exhausted to do anything....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We just moved so I have a combination of new apartment nesting and pregnancy nesting. It's making me a little crazy and stressed out. 
  • amyidamyid member
    Oh yes ! It's 1am and I'm just sitting down for a cup of tea (raspberry leaf because I'm forcing it down, gaggg). I just put in a load of washing, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen tops, threw out any old papers or magazines, emptied out 4 drawers and cleaned a space heater I plan on using for the babies room.... I'd have started vacuuming too if it wasn't late and my poor husband wasn't asleep - the nesting has finally kicked in ! (38+2)
  • this is the first time in four babies that i have ever gotten the nesting urge - i seriously thought my nesting instinct was defective with my first three pregnancies LOL

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • I'm not sure if I'm nesting or just finally have the time to clean the way I want to. Being home all day is a blessing and a curse.  
  • I realized that I only have 6 weeks and change left and so I got my butt in gear Sunday. Not sure that's the same thing but this isn't my first 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Zombie thread 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• My H is nesting for me.... Haha! He is currently soaking and scraping up glue and mastic off the front porch. Apparently the previous owners of the house had essentially 'turfed' the porch with the clearly fake super crappy green grass, and did it with the worst glue ever. He has also taken ALL the windows out of their casings, cleaned them and the screens, as well as cleaned all the shutters. I've started frozen meals and the nursery is pretty much done (just need to get a couple small things done). I imagine that the cleaning bug will hit me at 1am one of these days, but for now, I'll enjoy these last few weeks of being lazy while I can :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker