November 2016 Moms

The Great Things About Having A November Baby

hey all, I know I don't usually post much but after lurking on other BMB I thought it would be fun to come up with all the great things that having a baby in November entails! I'll start:

I don't have to work any winter holidays at work for the first time in 10 years! (Last year I worked Xmas & Xmas eve... Bummer)

we get to dress LO up in cute NB My 1st Christmas outfits

We get out of traveling for Thanksgiving & Christmas, they finally have to come to us for once :)

Also I'm a November baby and I think it's great!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Great Things About Having A November Baby

• Loading the player...
  • I love this post! The only things I'm worried about with November are cold/ flu season with an itty bitty newborn and future birthdays. DS is an August baby and will probably have many parties at the lake or pool so I don't want this baby to feel shafted by not having fun outside bday parties. (My bday is in January so I know how it is). But the positive points that have been posted so far are great for this year at least!
  • aquasocks said:
    I'm not cooking one single freaking thing at Thanksgiving, but I will finally be able to have a drink again. 

Edit for gif fail

Amen
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm totally digging the tax deduction one! That's been my favorite all along.

I'm really excited about missing work during the busiest point of the season (online retail company). I know they'll be crazy but I don't care, plus I'll probably will pitch in some from home to help keep the ship afloat. 

Due date is day after my husband's birthday so there are those fun possibilities. 

Plus, we typically spend Thanksgiving with DH family but since his parents and grandparents have passed away, it would be at his uncle's house. They'll invite us but it's basically the holiday they spend with his wife's family. We aren't crazy about spending the holiday with strangers so now we have a great excuse to not go this year.

• I'm so excited about the not having to travel or cook things. :) And also the tax deduction! 

We've never had a November birthday in the family on either side. I don't even know what that is going to be like! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm having a hard time with a November baby! My daughter is May and it was SO nice to not be homebound because of the weather/germs. I'm scared of winter with a newborn and a toddler who doesn't want to be home. Keep up the good work ladies, I need to read this. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I host Thanksgiving and we'll probably still have it here but I won't be cooking :) My mom will probably come help and we cook our turkey in the Big Green Egg so I won't have any cooking to do! 

I'm so excited to have a baby at Christmas. I love Christmas and I feel like it'll be 10x better when I have a child, even if it is a newborn who doesn't know what's going on!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Amyboxer pretty much ditto! I'm excited to have all of the holidays off! Most of my family is here in town so I won't have to worry about traveling too much.

I am super excited about all of the ridiculous 1st Christmas outfits I can find! :smile: 
  • jstinkzjstinkz member
    November baby means cuddling through the winter which I love. I'm a home body anyway, so I don't mind "having" to stay home. 

For me it's lay off season, so more time home with the baby. 

DD was an early November baby and I'm happy this one is a late November baby. 

Fleece pajamas all all day for baby and mom. 

• Being off work through the entire holiday season!!!

Photo opportunities will be precious and living in Florida, the weather will be glorious!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not working any of the holidays this year.
    Cute pictures of baby under the tree - Christmas is coming early this year.
    Having am excuse to not leave the house when it's cold and yucky.
    Having time to get the body back before summer.
    Baby being big enough to enjoy summer. 
  • I can probably convince my mom to cook Thanksgiving one more year before we either do it together or I take over since I'll have a newborn and I'll be breastfeeding and I always have a bigger appetite when I breastfeed and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for the food! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want to do newborn photos so I'm pretty excited about the photo options.  I want to do both fall and Christmas photos.  This is my first so I'm also happy that I will most likely not be huge and uncomfortable in summer.  
  • XmomXXmomX member
    I need this thread too! I have only thought of the negatives (mainly cold and flu season and being stuck in the house with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn).  

BabyFruit Ticker

• RoxellRoxell member
    Snuggling a warm baby when it's cold out! My DD was born on the hottest day in summer and it was horrible nursing her when it was so hot and sticky. I didn't want to hold her more than I had to because it was so uncomfortable. 
  • Agreed with the one above who said it's nice because they're able to enjoy the summer when it rolls around. I was due November 12th with my second (she was born October 28th) and it was fun that by the time summer came around, she was a good 8 months old and was able to play on the beach and enjoy the park and splash around in a kiddie pool. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Holidays means DH has more days off to spend with us. His work actually closes the last two weeks of the year and it's paid time off so super excited for the extra time.
  • sunbeam1sunbeam1 member
    edited May 2016
    The holidays will feel like a celebration!
    Somehow holidays had devolved into me doing all the cooking while everyone else plays with their kids and grandkids.  Whose doing the work this year?  I dunno, just not me. The cool auntie is tired, if not retired.
    Plus maybe all the hen clucking and awkward baby making relative questions will finally stop!
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• Christmas is my favorite holiday and I'm so excited to have the my first Christmas outfits! I'm just hoping someone steps up and takes care of Thanksgiving, I'll be sad if we miss it. DH can cook, but he can't quite coordinate all of the pieces of a Thanksgiving meal. 
  • Winter is my favorite season so I'm psyched to have a baby then. I love the feeling of being all warm in my jacket outside in the bitter cold. I'll just bundle that kid up and off we'll go. 
    So many holidays!
    Skiing! Cant wait to show my new boo face off in the lodge while our friends and family ski. 
    Major couch time! While its snowy and cold outside, I'll be warm and cozy on the couch nursing for hours on end and watching TV! I have not sat on the couch before 7:30pm since before my son was born. I cannot wait!!!!!
    Dark winter alcohol. yuuuuumm

• I'm hoping to make it without needing a maternity coat.  We're moving north to Memphis (from Louisiana), though, so we'll see!
  • I LOVE this post! Thanks OP! I was worried about having a winter baby! I was scared of going into labor in the middle of a blizzard! We live in CO so it's def a possibility ... This made me see all the good things! Thanks ladies! 
  • @talkthewholetime DITTO!  Down to my toddlers birth month, also May.  She'll be 3 1/2 and in daycare FT and I'm already freaking out a bit about all the germs.  DD has reactive Asthma...triggered by colds and so Fall/Winter is tough for her and I don't know if this baby will be the same.  

Soooo I too need all the pros in this thread as a silver lining lol

Im a Nov baby myself though and I do love the month.

• RoxellRoxell member
    @LindsayLuLu27 I'm super nervous about going into labor during a snow storm too! I live in MN so you never really know what can happen in November ( I checked the max/min record for my DD and it's 58 °F and -21 °F). I'm especially worried about it because my first child I was only in labor 4 hours total and I hear it can get faster each time and I live about 45 mins from the hospital.
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    I've been worried about sickness too, but am happy to have an excuse to stay home for all the holidays without being hassled by family to come visit. I may actually send out birth announcements -- I usually skip those but love sending holiday cards. I'm also still hoping for that mythical baby who sits up in one place...ideally outside on a blanket. Mine have learned to sit and crawl simultaneously thus far.
  • Roxell said:
    @LindsayLuLu27 I'm super nervous about going into labor during a snow storm too! I live in MN so you never really know what can happen in November ( I checked the max/min record for my DD and it's 58 °F and -21 °F). I'm especially worried about it because my first child I was only in labor 4 hours total and I hear it can get faster each time and I live about 45 mins from the hospital.
    Ok seriously!! I was in labor 3 hours with our first... Luckily this time we are slightly closer to the hospital (20 minutes) but in a blizzard who knows! My doctor already said no playing this time if you think youre in labor call me from the car! ! 

You better do the same! If it's half the time like the old wives tale says we could be having babies in the cars! But seriously let's hope that doesn't happen!!! 

Colorado weather is so unpredictable we could be sunny and in the 60s or in a white out blizzard, sounds like you're in similar weather
  • MawmeeMawmee member
    Thanksgiving: "Eat up. You just had a baybeee!"

Not sorry at all.

• 1. Holidays for mat leave
    2. Baby will be old enough to really enjoy summer
    3. Pregnant Halloween costumes!
    4. Fall birthdays in the future (I love fall!)
    5. Second trimester during summer (not so big we're miserable, but hopefully no more m/s during grilling season!)
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• m6aguam6agua member
    edited May 2016
    chloe97 said:
    Needing to take fewer vacation/sick days during maternity leave because there are so many holidays in November, December, and January. I think I'm going to end up saving 6 days!
    Lucky! I checked, once I start FMLA I no longer get the holidays paid. So it's all STD and PTO and unpaid if I take the whole 12.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Psyched about all the positives you guys listed.... More days off with DH, joint holiday/announcement, tax deduction, cute clothes!

i was slightly worried about the whole "stuck inside with a newborn and a crazy toddler" thing and also the fact that they changed the school cutoff in my town to Oct 31st!

but everything will work out I'm sure and we will all have beautiful happy snuggly winter babies with awesome fall/winter pics to show for it!!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    Everyone has so many good ones to add to my list.
    1. DH and I get to go as Juno and Bleaker for Halloween
    2. Wearing all the cute summer dresses with a bump.
    3. We get off through the holidays.
    4. I miss the super slow time at work, which is nice because those days just drag on.
    5. Tax deduction.
    6. Combo birth announcement/holiday card
    7. Time to lose the pounds before summer
    8. Baby will be old enough to sit in the jogging stroller once it is nice out. Also to enjoy all the summer activities.
    9. All the cute Christmas outfits for a newborn.
    10. Black Friday deals on baby stuff.
    However I have a big negative. I am going to miss deer hunting (I am due smack dab in the middle of it). I am hoping I go early and maybe can get out to hunt a little or go late so I can get out a little. I think my hopes are high and I probably will not go at all. I already told DH he has to hunt with my family this year (45 minutes away). I do not want him 3+ hours away with no cell phone reception when I go into labor.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20