October 2015 Moms
Options

Hip Dysplasia

At the 6 month check in the doctor told me that my daughter looks like she has hip dysplasia. We were sent to get x rays and we will get the results tomorrow. Has anyone experience this before first hand. I'm worried about my daughter now.

Re: Hip Dysplasia

• Options
    Sorry to hear; I hope she makes out okay
  • Options
    We go for a follow up next Wednesday.  My son was diagonsed early and did ten weeks in a Pavlik harness.  We are itching to get our X-ray results next week to see if we are still good.  I am going to send you a PM. 
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter had hip dysplasia and spent 4 weeks in a pavlik harness when she was 6 weeks old. We don't get our follow up X-Ray until August though! 
  • Options
    My daughter had hip dysplasia and spent 4 weeks in a pavlik harness when she was 6 weeks old. We don't get our follow up X-Ray until August though! 
    Just curious... Did your ortho give you any restrictions after coming out? We haven't been allowed to bear weight on his legs or use and "danglers" (jolly jumpers, exersaucer, etc)or wear jeans or other restrictive pants.
    We have our fingers crossed our X-ray goes well on Wednesday so we can at least start bearing weight!  So nervous and excited at the same time!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    Just curious... Did your ortho give you any restrictions after coming out? We haven't been allowed to bear weight on his legs or use and "danglers" (jolly jumpers, exersaucer, etc)or wear jeans or other restrictive pants.
    We have our fingers crossed our X-ray goes well on Wednesday so we can at least start bearing weight!  So nervous and excited at the same time!
    They didn't which worried me a bit if I'm honest, most of my 'knowledge' on what to do has come from Dr Google. We've been restricting any use of danglers aswell and haven't let her use a door bouncer etc as everything I read says they are a definite no no. She LOVES trying to stand however. The only thing her doctor did say was he wanted the X-Ray in August because she should have started trying to walk by then so I assumed that meant he was ok with her bearing weight in that respect?  
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply. Her x rays came back normal so I freaked myself out for nothing. The doctor and a really concerning look on her face and said she had the risk factors and failed one part of the test. I hear it's better and easier on the baby if they catch it sooner than later. No one told she as at risk for developing it, til then. Doctor said she could still developed later, but I don't do anything that will harm her hip joints. She is starting to crawl at 6 months, so I couldn't imagine her being in a cast for 6 weeks. Thanks for the replies ladies.