Infertility
Options

Impatient, Need to Rant

I'm getting frustrated and just need to vent for a little bit. We've had to skip 2 months of treatment due to more testing and then a large cyst that required me to go on birth control. Now we are waiting for my period to start so we can start treatment again but it just doesn't seem to want to happen. I'm on day 73 of my cycle now and just want it to happen so I can start treatment again!!!! I stopped the birth control last Friday (cyst was completely gone, yay!) so I figure if it doesn't start by this Friday I'll call my RE to see if I should just wait it out or if we should try something to get my period to start. Thanks for letting me vent, I just want to get moving on this whole thing and it just seems like I spend all of my time waiting for my period to start :/
Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
Him: 31
High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
Beta Study:
Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/

Re: Impatient, Need to Rant

• Options
    Wow, that sounds super frustrating! Waiting is the worst and it sounds like you've been doing more than your fair share. Hang in there!
    Me (31) & DH (31) - married 2008; TTC since 2013
    SA = normal; HSG = clear; history of DVT/PE
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility
    IUI #1- April '16 - BFN 
    IUI #2 - May '16 - BFN
    IVF Fresh Xfer #1 (1 blastocyst) - Sept '16 - BFN
    FET #2 - 11/8/16 (2 blastocysts) - Beta on 11/18
    4 more blastocysts on ice
  • Options
    That is so frustrating, it comes when we don't want it and vice versa! I'm sorry you have to wait so much longer, hopefully the RE will have a plan to coax her to come. All we do is wait, wait and wait. On a positive note: will be the most patient parents on the planet with all of this practice! Good luck, thinking of you.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry! I know it can be so frustrating. I went on birth control following my first round of Clomid because of cysts, they said two weeks then follow up. I did that and my cysts grew a lot. Over doubled in size, one was 5 cm the other at 3. So they said finish out the birth control and call when AF starts. Finished my active pills Sunday and still nothing. So I also will call Friday, but to see if I should go in Monday for an US or pick up another pack. Either way, I think I'm in for a few months of BC like you just finished. 

I used to track my cycle, but it has been so off since my first RE appt in November. I don't even know what is normal anymore. Lol. 

Good luck to you! I wish you all the best. 
  • Options
    Ugh that has to be SO frustrating! I have more average cycle lengths, and I always feel for the ladies that have lover cycles. With everything else you've been dealing with on top of that, it has to be really hard :( I'm actually currently benched myself due to cysts. It is definitely frustrating to be told to wait longer after we have already been waiting upwards of a year (two years in my case). I hope AF comes soon!
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh!! Stupid AF!! You spend all your teen years hating it, now desperately want it to show up. If there's one thing I've learned about infertility it's that it moves slower than anything and there's nothing you can do about it. Hang in there
  • Options
    FatPony said:
    Ugh!! Stupid AF!! You spend all your teen years hating it, now desperately want it to show up.
     :D This is so true.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm really sorry. I have had my share of impatience, first due to a cyst and most recently due to reaaallllly slow growing follicles (day 24 and they are still immature). It's the most annoying feeling! When you feel like you are just standing still. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    I have slow growing follicles too, so it always seems like I'm waiting. Some good news though, AF started today!!!!! My baseline US is Wednesday :D
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    That is great news AF started! I have realized IF requires an infinite amount of patience and we have no control over how our body responds (or doesn't respond). It is so frustrating but you are not alone!