December 2015 Moms

PP weight check-in

Re: PP weight check-in

• Pretty much all my muscles are gone. Wtf. Flat mom bum. Flabby flab
    I keep waiting for those bad ass mom arms to come in that I've always seen. So far it's still arm fat. 
  • Pretty much all my muscles are gone. Wtf. Flat mom bum. Flabby flab
    I keep waiting for those bad ass mom arms to come in that I've always seen. So far it's still arm fat. 
    Or you end up like me and get mom arms with wings.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited April 2016
    Pretty much all my muscles are gone. Wtf. Flat mom bum. Flabby flab
    I keep waiting for those bad ass mom arms to come in that I've ahttps://i.giphy.com/iDwSUYUlz1Mju.gif
    lways seen. So far it's still arm fat. 
    Pushing the stroller for walks several times a week has made for some serious guns! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I believe I have discovered a correlation between shedding pounds and drinking a small cup of my own milk here and there.
    Anyone else?
  • Ancheta3Ancheta3 member
    edited April 2016
    yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    I believe I have discovered a correlation between shedding pounds and drinking a small cup of my own milk here and there.
    Anyone else?

Yes, not joking. When I started exclusively pumping due to tingly nipples I discovered I have an oversupply. Which I think has now fixed itself due to me getting lazy and pumping every 6-10 hours. I'm getting back onto the every 3-5 hours schedule. 
  • Ancheta3 said:
    yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    I believe I have discovered a correlation between shedding pounds and drinking a small cup of my own milk here and there.
    Anyone else?

Yes, not joking. When I started exclusively pumping due to tingly nipples I discovered I have an oversupply. Which I think has now fixed itself due to me getting lazy and pumping every 6-10 hours. I'm getting back onto the every 3-5 hours schedule. 
    What does that have to do with drinking your own milk? 
  • I'm also curious if you were drinking it because you wanted to lose weight, or because you liked it? What gave you be thought to drink it to begin with?
  • Ancheta3 said:
    yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    Anyone else?

So you had so much extra milk that you just, drank it? I mean I had a crazy oversupply too, but I just froze it for later. 

• So what's it taste like? Henry barfed in my mouth once and it didn't taste very good. 
    It's thin in texture, and slightly sweet. But once it goes down I doubt it would taste very good coming from anyone's mouth

• yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    Anyone else?

So you had so much extra milk that you just, drank it? I mean I had a crazy oversupply too, but I just froze it for later. 
    Half of our freezer is milk and my husband will go nuts if I put any more bags of milk in there haha. Plus we are changing duty stations later this year so it will be hard to take it with us. The freezer bags do afford for some guilt free fun on the weekends though! :D
  • Ancheta3 said:
    yl1m32015 said:
    Ancheta3 said:
    Anyone else?

What does that have to do with drinking your own milk? 
    Oh, that was kinda a response to both you and then the poster who said she only makes enough for her LO. 
    When I ran out of freezer space plus had 4 feedings lined up in the fridge I started to Google ways to use BM. I guess I'm the weirdo in our birth month club :pensive: 
    When Zane starts solids I'm totally going to try making BM yogurt.
    https://hippieinside.blogspot.com/2012/02/breast-milk-yogurt.html?m=1

• I'm also curious if you were drinking it because you wanted to lose weight, or because you liked it? What gave you be thought to drink it to begin with?
    It was the middle of the night and I was thirsty, hungry, and wanted to get back to bed asap. I had been reading articles on how some cancer patients drink BM to help recover from chemotherapy. Then I saw this article and thought, why not? 
    https://streetcarnage.com/blog/the-breast-milk-diet-lose-weight-prevent-hangovers/

For some reason I brought up drinking my own milk in this thread because the baby gains meme reminded me of the increasingly popular market for BM among bodybuilders. 
    I figured there had to be at least one other person here who drinks theirs too but now I feel like a freak o.o
    I didn't really notice the connection until I stopped taking the little shots of Zane's leftover bottle for about a week during a growth spurt (no leftovers) and my weight loss stopped dead in its tracks then picked back up once I started again. My weight loss before pumping and bottle feeding was excruciatingly slow. Mostly because I don't have the time and energy to work out :(
  • No, you're not the only one. I just got used to using the abbreviation without thinking poop a few days ago. 
  • Don't know if I replied or not but since Olivia was born on 12/30 until now I have lost 50 lbs. So all the baby weight plus more. Just not everything is "toned" would like to start on that but just looking for TIME. My baby weight was lost by the amount of stress I've been going through with my relationship with DH. smh
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Gingermom15 lol yes Nurses unite
  • @Gingermom15 lol yes Nurses unite
    Not a nurse for at least another year ;) I'm a PCA and work with very sick dementia patients. I've had more than one rectal tube ripped out and thrown at me. 
    Good times. 
  • Don't know if I replied or not but since Olivia was born on 12/30 until now I have lost 50 lbs. So all the baby weight plus more. Just not everything is "toned" would like to start on that but just looking for TIME. My baby weight was lost by the amount of stress I've been going through with my relationship with DH. smh
    I loved your reply for your success with the weight. Dislike the reason, I hope things get better in your relationship. 
  • I can't believe this convo.... I totally thought she was just trolling but now I'm pretty sure she's serious. 

You're saying... you got thirsty... In the middle of the night... And you thought, hey, here's some leftover breast milk... Bottoms up?? 

Yes, I'm serious. Bonus, I haven't gotten sick yet even though DH has come down with a little something every now and then. He gets over it pretty quickly though and is stuck on duty on base most times so maybe I'm just getting lucky and missing the contagious period.  

I also happened upon this, I'm not the only one: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/story?id=4341462
    TLDR: A contestant on America's Next Top Model admitted to drinking her own breastmilk. 
    However in that situation I do wonder why she didn't ship so her baby could have it. Who knows though maybe she had an oversupply too along with a freezer already full. 
  • Ancheta3 said:
    I can't believe this convo.... I totally thought she was just trolling but now I'm pretty sure she's serious. 

You're saying... you got thirsty... In the middle of the night... And you thought, hey, here's some leftover breast milk... Bottoms up?? 

Yes, I'm serious. Bonus, I haven't gotten sick yet even though DH has come down with a little something every now and then. He gets over it pretty quickly though and is stuck on duty on base most times so maybe I'm just getting lucky and missing the contagious period.  

I also happened upon this, I'm not the only one: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/story?id=4341462
    TLDR: A contestant on America's Next Top Model admitted to drinking her own breastmilk. 
    However in that situation I do wonder why she didn't ship so her baby could have it. Who knows though maybe she had an oversupply too along with a freezer already full. 
    Well, if you're going to imitate a celebrity, you should definitely pick one who is famous for being on ANTM and not one who does volunteer work or one who helps out charity groups.
    Awwww man, I figured that it would be better to copy skinny than humanitarian in a thread about weight =/
    Time for me to go searching for a girl scout breast milk drinking freak...see you guys later